Walls on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I caught part of a coversation on 3aw regarding Norths chances this year. Walls said if some of our experienced players go down we could finish lower than last year.

It didn't take long to lose our credibility with the media.

What do you think?

True we won't finish top 8 if some of our big players go down, but I don't think we can finish much worse than 13th on the ladder!

Oh, and I think Walls has his hand on it way too much!

Injuries to senior players... like Carey Colby, Micky and Stevo? If all four struggled / missed with injury again, and a couple of other senior players were also out, then I guess he's right. But take 5 or 6 of the best players from any team and they will most likely be bottom 4 won't they?

"He's probably the best kick in the competition" - Robert Walls on Ben Graham lining up for goal against Richmond round one in the wizard cup. The Kick went out on the full. Need i say more?

My opinion varies on Robert Walls, he has something against Geelong because they kicked 239 points againt the bears team he was coaching and there was the John Howat - John Barnes incident in 1996.

If North start the season well watch the complimentary articles come in until you loose a game or two and hell turn the full circle.

A tabloid jounalist in a broad sheet imho.

Trivia question of the Day:

1) Who is the only coach in VFL/AFL History who has coached over 300 games but has a career winning percentage of under 50%???

2) Name the coach who was sacked (yes not resigned, but unpolitely asked to F-Off) by Fitzroy, Carlton & Richmond???

(Carlton had been shaped by David Parkin and was potentially one of the greatest teams of all time until he came along, and he took Richmond from 4th to 9th (and then 13th) with basically the same team but also with the addition of Richo).

He has no credibility as a football commentator or opinionist as far as I and a lot of other people are concerned. Until last season, I always thought that Talking Footy was one of the best shows on TV and one that I did not miss. But it was ruined last season with this opinionated heck-witt and the other mole.

So basically don't worry about what he says because he clearly has a vendetta against us and would like to see us out of the comp...

Yeah, Wallsy loves stickin' the 'ol dagger in, any chance he gets, especially when it comes to the Roos or the Bulldogs. I try to ignore him, basically he's just a *insert-profanity-here* head.

Originally posted by nolsey77
My opinion varies on Robert Walls, he has something against Geelong because they kicked 239 points againt the bears team he was coaching and there was the John Howat - John Barnes incident in 1996.

Nolsey
Don't forget,when he was coaching Brisbane,he sent Peter Worsfold & Brad hardie out after halftime to knockout players.
Couch & Hinkley were stretched off & another player was off with concussion.

Walls is a toerag [sorry,I watch The Bill too much :D ]

Originally posted by McCartney5
Robert Walls is a fool, the man made me almost not hate Kevin Sheedy for a few weeks when they were having that huge argument

So true he is a fu(kwit. "Kevin Sheedy isnt a good coach because his only coached at one club and hasnt got a wide range of coaching experience". Most coaches that coach 2 or 3 teams during there lives, can be considered dud coaches in my book

Robert Walls is a premiership coach because he coached a team that probably would have been good enough to win a GF even without a coach.

We like any other team in the competition would suffer if we lost our top four players. Is there a team in the competition that could win the premiership without their top four ?

Robert Walls probably still thinks that Carlton are a chance to win the 99 GF.

hotham :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people i know, know my feelings on this "so-called" expert

I think his jealusy of Denis and the players is obvious, we went from being humiliated in an Ansett Cup game against the crows in 1993 to being one of the most repected teams in the afl. . Whilst he has been sacked form 2 clubs.

Hmm i'm sure who i hate more now him or Caroline

Paul

Remove this Banner Ad

Walls on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back