Mod. Notice Want to write a preview in 2013-register here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

with the first bounce of our season (I am sure you are excited!) little over a week away it's time we turn our attention to the weekly match threads.

We are seeking keen Geelong supporters who would like to write a preview for a given week's clash, and I'll be creating a roster for this. We were fortunate to have great commitment from everyone to this last year, thanks so much to all who contributed, and hopefully we can have some great previews again in 2013.

I would love expressions of interest from anyone who would like to write a match preview. I have posted the fixture below so that you can indicate which game you would like. At this stage we will do one game per writer, to keep it open to as many people as possible to join. If we still have free spots on the roster after that and anyone wants to write a second match, then you can.

So what is needed in a preview? Good news is you can make it whatever you want it to be. There's no prescribed format, or length. What we want you to do is provide some thought and analysis about the game, how you see both sides, what you think the matchups might be, what you think will be critical to the game, and who will win and why. You can include pictures too if that's the way you'd like to write your preview. The previews don't have to be long either, generally a couple of well thought out paragraphs will make a good preview.

If you want some examples of great previews from last year, check out MC Extra Dollop in round 9 against the Doggies

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ad-stadium-7-50pm-friday-25-may.947251/page-6

and Rosso in round 21 vs St Kilda
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...friday-17-august.966319/page-17#post-25257965

Now we don't expect your previews to necessarily be as long as these, but they are a good pointer as to the sort of content you might want to cover in your preview.

It's fun to write a preview, and we'd love for anyone who wants to have a go at it to do so.

Once everyone's registered their interest, I will collate the final roster and post it in this thread.

If you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Kind regards
Pure_Ownage on behalf of your helpful mods, SJ, Winty and Turbocat
------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Fixture
Round 1-Geelong vs Hawthorn Monday April 1st MCG MD
Round 2-Geelong vs North Melbourne, Sunday April 7 Etihad Stadium GFCWeekly
Round 3-Geelong vs Carlton, Saturday April 13 Etihad Stadium
Round 4-Geelong vs Sydney, Friday April 19 SCG
Round 5-Geelong vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday April 27 Etihad Stadium MD
Round 6-Geelong vs Richmond, Saturday May 4 MCG SJ
Round 7-Geelong vs Essendon, Friday May 10 Etihad Stadium Rosso
Round 8-Geelong vs Collingwood, Saturday May 18 MCG Pure_Ownage
Round 9-Geelong vs Port Adelaide, Saturday May 25 AAMI Stadium
Round 10-Geelong vs Gold Coast, Saturday June 1 Simonds Stadium Winty
Round 11-Geelong vs GWS Giants, Saturday June 8 Skoda Stadium
Round 12 BYE
Round 13-Geelong vs Brisbane, Sunday June 23 GABBA
Round 14-Geelong vs Fremantle, Saturday June 29, Simonds Stadium
Round 15-Geelong vs Hawthorn, Saturday July 6 MCG HappyChappy35
Round 16-Geelong vs Melbourne, Saturday July 13 Simonds Stadium
Round 17-Geelong vs Adelaide, Sunday July 21 AAMI Stadium
Round 18-Geelong vs St Kilda, Saturday July 27 Simonds Stadium
Round 19-Geelong vs North Melbourne, Friday August 2 Etihad Stadium
Round 20-Geelong vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 10 Simonds Stadium Winty
Round 21-Geelong vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday August 17 Patersons Stadium
Round 22-Geelong vs Sydney, Saturday August 24, Simonds Stadium
Round 23-Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions, TBA, Simonds Stadium

Great stuff Pure_Ownage.

Someone has claimed Round 1 already in the preview thread, just can't quite remember who!

Pop me down for Round 6.

It's MD so I wil liase with him about preparing it.

Round 6 is yours.

Still 21 more rounds for anyone to have a crack at.:)

Hey PO,
Aren't you studying journalism? Shouldn't the post start like this? ;)

"With the first bounce of our season little over a week away, (I am sure you are excited!) it's time we turn our attention to the weekly match threads."

I'm happy to do round 12 :D

Hey PO,
Aren't you studying journalism? Shouldn't the post start like this? ;)

"With the first bounce of our season little over a week away, (I am sure you are excited!) it's time we turn our attention to the weekly match threads."

I'm happy to do round 12 :D

Got me, well done.:thumbsu:

Sorry, round 12 has gone out to lunch and is currently unavailable.

Plenty of other good choices to pick from.

I might do a mid season review. Will see ho I go.
It really depends on how much I see.

Round 7 v the Bombers would be nice. As long as they don't get banned before the games due to be played. ;-)

I'll take Round 2. I write the Geelong preview each week for both AFL season information and my page (Geelong Football Club Supporters Page) on Facebook, so it'll be no trouble to post it here as well. Happy to fill in for any weeks where you don't have anyone, as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind having a crack at doing a preview, but can't decide which one. Any random game from Round 15 onwards will do me. :)

Edit: can I have the Hawthorn game in Round 15?

Wouldn't mind having a crack at doing a preview, but can't decide which one. Any random game from Round 15 onwards will do me. :)

Edit: can I have the Hawthorn game in Round 15?

You're added to the roster now mate.

Sorry about the oversight on my part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back