Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way in which Hezbollah attacks against Israel could be argued formed part of any kind of legal violent resistance, the UN doesn't even recognize Shebaa Farms as Lebanese territory. The attacks breach the binding UN security resolution 1701. What argument can you make that Hezbollah was legally attacking Israel on October 8th and since?

Ok, so you support UN resolutions now. What are your thoughts on the very long list of UN resolutions that Israel have not complied with?

Also, can you demonstrate that Israel have complied with 1701?

Ok, so you support UN resolutions now. What are your thoughts on the very long list of UN resolutions regarding Israel, which they have not complied with?
GP, do you think I am arguing Israel has never breached international law? :drunk: Try and keep up.

GP, do you think I am arguing Israel has never breached international law? :drunk: Try and keep up.

Can you provide evidence that Israel have complied with UN security resolution 1701?

Of course you can't, because they haven't.

Why do you hold terrorists to a higher standard than Israel?

Can you provide evidence that Israel have complied with UN security resolution 1701?
Israel breaching the resolution would be illegal. It's the same standard. Let Lunchlady respond, he usually makes pretty relevant points even if I disagree with them most of the time, they are at least related to whats being discussed.

Israel breaching the resolution would be illegal. It's the same standard. Let Lunchlady respond, he usually makes pretty relevant points even if I disagree with them most of the time, they are at least related to whats being discussed.

You didn't answer the question. Why do you hold terrorists to a higher standard than Israel?

Ok, lets test this latest statement from Jazny. With your new found knowledge of UN resolutions, how many have Israel breached, compared to both Hamas and Hezbollah?
Don't know. Give me the full rundown, GP. In your own words too please, not a link to some QUDS News Network infographic that probably isn't even related to the random point you're trying to make that has no bearing on Hezbollah's supposed right to violent resistance under international law.

Don't know. Give me the full rundown, GP. In your own words too please, not a link to some QUDS News Network infographic that probably isn't even related to the random point you're trying to make that has no bearing on Hezbollah's supposed right to violent resistance under international law.

So you admit you just cherry picked one UN resolution, but neglected to mention that Israel had also breached it multiple times?

1727338628149.png

So you admit you just cherry picked one UN resolution, but neglected to mention that Israel had also breached it multiple times?

View attachment 2122637
Where is the run down? I thought you were going to make a really awesome point that changed my mind about everything. Instead, you post a meme... How fun does that junket look though?

You realise Lunchlady was talking about the legality of Hezbollah's attack on Israel, right? Bringing up the relevant UN security council resolution is not cherry picking :embarrassedv1:

But you care about all UN resolutions. Let's test this. With your knowledge of UN resolutions, how many have Israel breached, compared to both Hamas and Hezbollah?

Where is the run down? I thought you were going to make a really awesome point that changed my mind about everything. Instead, you post a meme... How fun does that junket look though?

You realise Lunchlady was talking about the legality of Hezbollah's attack on Israel, right? Bringing up the relevant UN security council resolution is not cherry picking :embarrassedv1:

But you care about all UN resolutions. Let's test this. With your knowledge of UN resolutions, how many have Israel breached, compared to both Hamas and Hezbollah?
Step 4.

There is no way in which Hezbollah attacks against Israel could be argued formed part of any kind of legal violent resistance, the UN doesn't even recognize Shebaa Farms as Lebanese territory. The attacks breach the binding UN security resolution 1701. What argument can you make that Hezbollah was legally attacking Israel on October 8th and since?

I will grant you the UN recognises it as Syrian territory due to some dusty maps they were given.

The Arab League and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation both acknowledge it as Lebanese land.

One thing is for sure, it's not Israel. Israel are maintaining an ongoing illegal annexation of the Golan Heights, in flagrant violation of UNSC Res 497 (1981).

Strictly speaking the attacks probably violate 1701. Hezbollah members were never going to leave their homes in Southern Lebanon to comply, though they did disarm for a time and respect the ceasefire. There is a very real fear though that Israel could reinvade at any time.

Israel have breached 1701 thousands of times themselves, every time they invade Lebanese airspace.

You mention UN resolutions as binding - is there a difference between 1701 and 497 I'm not aware of? I believe they were both passed by the UNSC?

If Israel didn't just ignore 497 completely for 40 years, there may not be a need for 1701 at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Israel had breached over 100 UN resolutions before Hamas was even a thing.

I will grant you the UN recognises it as Syrian territory due to some dusty maps they were given.

The Arab League and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation both acknowledge it as Lebanese land.

One thing is for sure, it's not Israel. Israel are maintaining an ongoing illegal annexation of the Golan Heights, in flagrant violation of UNSC Res 497 (1981).

Strictly speaking the attacks violate 1701.
So we agree on this point now it seems. Its good having an honest talk with someone in here.
Israel have breached 1701 thousands of times themselves, every time they invade Lebanese airspace.
If that's true, then that would be illegal and I have not claimed otherwise. It doesn't void the resolution though, so not sure how its relevant to your original point.
You mention UN resolutions as binding - is there a difference between 1701 and 497 I'm not aware of? I believe they were both passed by the UNSC?

If Israel didn't just ignore 497 completely for 40 years, there may not be a need for 1701 at all.
Yes it is binding also. Isn't this why most legal scholars and nations tend to view the Golan Heights as an illegal annexation? Except when Trump came along and on a whim decided to recognise it if I remember right
:embarrassedv1: :thumbsdown:

Yes it is binding also. Isn't this why most legal scholars and nations tend to view the Golan Heights as an illegal annexation? Except when Trump came along and on a whim decided to recognise it if I remember right
:embarrassedv1: :thumbsdown:

I watched the video of him describing that, I believe at an event against anti-semitism? Not a good look.

Israel had breached over 100 UN resolutions before Hamas was even a thing.
Not all UN resolutions are legally binding. Of those 100, how many were binding? My guess is because you are using the language of "UN resolutions" instead of "UN security council resolutions", a lot of that 100 would probably be non-binding. But I could be wrong. Would be interested to see your research on the topic.

Not all UN resolutions are legally binding. Of those 100, how many were binding? My guess is because you are using the language of "UN resolutions" instead of "UN security council resolutions", a lot of that 100 would probably be non-binding. But I could be wrong. Would be interested to see your research on the topic.

You specifically mentioned all UN resolutions

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back