Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO what they might not have anticipated were the pager and walkie talkie attacks where much of their leadership was either disabled or dispatched because it looks a bit like they simply abandoned major weapons caches.
Yes I doubt they would have bothered attacking Israel if they knew back then what would happen to them. But I'm not sure those weapons were abandoned exactly, some fighting has been going on. This house seems to have been fought over, but these areas might only contain small numbers of Hezbollah troops.

Ghost Patrol's favourite Israeli explains:

You're pushing the left wing view of history.

The one where the things that happened all over the world and undertaken by everyone are only ascribed to the Europeans as being bad.

Colonising only matters when it was Europeans doing it seems to be the angle. Otherwise it's down play it as a thing.
These are simply facts. Neither left nor right. Israel had and still has policies and actions that are tantamount to apartheid.

Your argument for why Israel proper is an apartheid state shouldn't rely in an part on what the director of the Land Department of the non-profit organisation Jewish National Fund wrote in his diary in December of 1940 before Israel even existed.

Someone could quote-farm Ben-Gurion and easily make a counter narrative that from before it's inception Israel planned to have a Jewish state that treated the Arab population equally. I wouldn't do this, as I don't think these kinds of arguments are really relevant or compelling.

Although a lot of what you argue in this post is true if a bit one-sided, we instead probably need to look more at Israel's laws, how its legal system operates in the case of apartheid to systematically oppresses minorities by restricting their access to resources, education, voting rights, movement etc or creating a separate legal system with the intent to maintain that domination over them if we are going to argue it is an apartheid state (which is much easier to argue is the case in the West Bank, but even there it's controversial and not straightforward).

In the case of where racial discriminatory policies exist or existed in the past, does Israel have a legal system capable of overturning those policies? With respect to the JNF's discriminatory land leasing policies, Israel does seem to have a system in place to dismantle that and give minorities equal access to that land.
It doesn't rely at all on him, just gives context as to what started the apartheid. Its the kind of attitude that has been there for decades and results in the same actions still happening today.

But let's be honest, there are members on the Knesset who still say similar things to this day.

And yes of course it's one sided. That's how oppression and apartheid work. It is not a mutually beneficial situation where both sides have power.

If you take the time to look deeper in to Israel's laws, you will find examples of almost everything you've described which satisfies the apartheid definition. This is just one example I've given. It would need an essay to go through them all, which would just clog up the thread, for no real purpose. Beyond the laws, actions speak louder than words.

Was that for all Gazans or just those that are US citizens? Seems an odd move for Israel to be easing freedom of movement through Gaza, just a few months after adding extra restrictions and further stifling movement through the West Bank.

Hamas were actually demanding up to 20,000 Gazans receive employment in Israel, has nothing to do with the US at all. The border reopening was negotiated by Qatar & Egypt between Israel & Hamas allowing 18,000 Gazans with permits freedom of movement on September 29 2023.............

So, less than 1% of the population?

I do note you've included the whole population in your calculations, not the population that is actually of working age. Israel requires foreign workers to be at least 18 years of age.

You probably haven't bothered to research into the victims of October 7 because if you did you would discover Gazan guest workers were also massacred on Oct 7 literally 8 days after Hamas demanded Gazan employees return to their jobs in Israel.

Yes I doubt they would have bothered attacking Israel if they knew back then what would happen to them. But I'm not sure those weapons were abandoned exactly, some fighting has been going on. This house seems to have been fought over, but these areas might only contain small numbers of Hezbollah troops.

Ghost Patrol's favourite Israeli explains:

Why wouldn't Hezbollah be prepared for an Israeli invasion?

Why are the IDF allowed to have military equipment but no one else is? I don't get the issue here.

Why wouldn't Hezbollah be prepared for an Israeli invasion?

Why are the IDF allowed to have military equipment but no one else is? I don't get the issue here.
It would seem to be a violation of 1701. But as for the IDF's claim is that Hezbollah were planning their own October 7th style attack I don't know if it's true or not, I tend not to uncritically believe or disbelieve these claims from the IDF until there is independent corroboration.

It would seem to be a violation of 1701. But as for the IDF's claim is that Hezbollah were planning their own October 7th style attack I don't know if it's true or not, I tend not to uncritically believe or disbelieve these claims from the IDF until there is independent corroboration.

Yeah I see a lot of people complaining about Hezbollah violating 1701.

Israel have violated 1701 literally thousands of times.

Yep, no real evidence of a Hezbollah terrorist attack on its own.

Seems they were fully aware and supportive of Oct 7 though.

Yeah I see a lot of people complaining about Hezbollah violating 1701.

Israel have violated 1701 literally thousands of times.
1701 seems largely irrelevant now. But Hezbollah are indefensible, let's be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, no real evidence of a Hezbollah terrorist attack on its own.

Seems they were fully aware and supportive of Oct 7 though.
Well yeah the fact that they were attacking Israel on October the 8th for absolutely no reason says it all.

Hamas were actually demanding up to 20,000 Gazans receive employment in Israel, has nothing to do with the US at all. The border reopening was negotiated by Qatar & Egypt between Israel & Hamas allowing 18,000 Gazans with permits freedom of movement on September 29 2023.............
There were no new agreements in September 23 listed in that article. And no increase in the numbers, or the reasons for travel you listed previously There were discussions about reopening the flow for workers, which Netanyahu had stopped - "Recently, the entry of workers was halted completely in response to the violence along the border"

Funny how Bennet-Lapid were working towards peace in 2021 when the 17500 places were created and Netanyahu helped it crumble.

Realistically, even those September talks were for show to help Israel normalise relationship with the Saudis.

The history of work permits.

When Hamas seized power of the Gaza Strip in 2007, 120,000 Gazans who worked inside Israel had their passes revoked.[2] In recent years, Israel has allowed thousands of Gaza Palestinians to work within its borders. In 2021, 7,000 Gazans held Israeli work or trade permits. In 2022, the permit quota was raised to 17,000, with a planned increase to 20,000.[6] The wages earned in Israel are significantly higher than what’s available within Gaza. For example, one permit holder mentioned that one month of work in Israel equals three years of work in Gaza.[2] In September 2023, approximately 18,000 Gazans had Israeli work permits, which provided a cash injection of $2 million a day to Gaza's economy.[7]

Following the 2023 Hamas attack on Israel and subsequent armed conflict between Israel and Hamas, Gazans in Israel on work permits were unable to return to Gaza after they were revoked by Israeli authorities.[8][9] Some were detained by the Israel Defense Force (IDF) or other Israeli authorities in the West Bank[10] while others were deported to that territory.
[11]
Following October 7, after a monthslong investigation, the Shin Bet security service concluded that there was no broad effort by Palestinians who entered Israel from Gaza for work prior to the October 7 massacre to provide Hamas with intelligence information that would assist with the assault.
The report noted that the Shin Bet did not completely rule out the possibility that some individual laborers had cooperated with the terror group.

“There’s no concern that the people who were investigated passed information to Hamas as a result of their work in Israel,” Channel 12 quoted the Shin Bet as saying. There was no immediate confirmation of the report from the agency, which rarely responds to inquiries.
According to COGAT, the Defense Ministry body that coordinates activity in Palestinian areas, 18,500 Gazans had permits to work in Israel, meaning that the Shin Bet investigation examined roughly 16 percent of the workforce.

1701 seems largely irrelevant now. But Hezbollah are indefensible, let's be honest.

Hezbollah was a response to the previous Israeli invasion of Lebanon, when thousands of defenceless civilians were slaughtered by Israel and it's right-wing allies, after the PLO had withdrawn from Lebanon with assurances the civilian refugees would be safe.

They have done horrible things, but they will defend themseves and southern Lebanon from Israeli aggression. It sounds like they have had some success in slowing the ground invasion and caused the IDF to think twice in areas.

Israel continue to strike refugee camps in Gaza - another massacre of civilians in displacement tents near Al-Aqsa overnight.

I just watched a child pinned under rubble burning alive while screaming for help that no one was able to render.

Those of you in this thread running cover for and supporting Israel's actions will have some dark marks on your souls.

Those of you in this thread running cover for and supporting Israel's actions will have some dark marks on your souls.
I'm extremely comfortable with everything I have said. Not sure if I would be with some of the things you have been denying or defending. But each to their own.

Israel slaughters yet another journalist.

Hezbollah was a response to the previous Israeli invasion of Lebanon, when thousands of defenceless civilians were slaughtered by Israel and it's right-wing allies, after the PLO had withdrawn from Lebanon with assurances the civilian refugees would be safe.

They have done horrible things, but they will defend themseves and southern Lebanon from Israeli aggression. It sounds like they have had some success in slowing the ground invasion and caused the IDF to think twice in areas.

Israel continue to strike refugee camps in Gaza - another massacre of civilians in displacement tents near Al-Aqsa overnight.

I just watched a child pinned under rubble burning alive while screaming for help that no one was able to render.

You say this after just defending a Terrorist group.

Israel slaughters yet another journalist.

They went on a spree killing multiple journalists as they started their North Gaza extermination plan.

Sniped Fadi Wahidi in the neck despite him clearly wearing a press vest. Will be a paraplegic if he survives.

Arrested and beat American journalist Jeremy Loffredo, who I believe is still held without trial.

Keeps the constant atrocities out of the news, and helps people pretend everything is above board.

I'm extremely comfortable with everything I have said. Not sure if I would be with some of the things you have been denying or defending. But each to their own.

Extremely comfortable. Weird thing to say.

Interesting that Sky published a story about the murder of Hind Rajab and her family, and the paramedics who came to help her, though using satellite imagery published by Forensic Architecture 4 months ago.

The most moral army have finally investigated itself, and found they weren't in the area. I guess this thread will tell us it was Hamas?

Just kidding, they won't acknowledge it at all.

The history of work permits.

Following October 7, after a monthslong investigation, the Shin Bet security service concluded that there was no broad effort by Palestinians who entered Israel from Gaza for work prior to the October 7 massacre to provide Hamas with intelligence information that would assist with the assault.
The report noted that the Shin Bet did not completely rule out the possibility that some individual laborers had cooperated with the terror group.

“There’s no concern that the people who were investigated passed information to Hamas as a result of their work in Israel,” Channel 12 quoted the Shin Bet as saying.

Aww you've ruined Zidane's angle.

In October 2024, Sky News reported that the damage to the ambulance was consistent with having been hit by a "large calibre weapon", citing an expert from Janes Information Services. The report indicated that while the IDF said it was not in the area at the time of the incident, it may have inadvertently contradicted this assertion by publishing a press release about its operations in the Shati and Tel al Hawa neighborhoods, which was later deleted from its website. Further investigation by Sky News revealed satellite imagery taken on 29 January, the day of the attack, showing at least 15 military vehicles in the Tel al Hawa neighborhood, with the closest vehicle located just 300 meters from the site of the ambulance attack.[19]

When Sky News are calling out IDF lies you know they really really lied.

The most moral army in the fired over 300 shots from a tank at a family then the first responders coming to help them.

**** anyone here who defends them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back