Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Been away for about a month.

News report popped up while I was away saying Sinwar is dead.

Haven’t kept up other than that; have the crimes against humanity being committed against the Palestinian people stopped now that they’ve got Sinwar?
Considering their atrocities began well before his birth, I doubt Israel will factor his death in to it.

Cutting and pasting of the relevant quotes didn't save properly. Here's what I had written.
Okay I am glad you at least won't stand by that part of your post. But "for those playing at home" can you please explain how this:
UN Geneva convention protocol 1 was a precursor for situations like Palestine, "armed conflicts in which peoples are fighting against colonial domination, alien occupation or racist regimes". Following on, UNGA resolution 37/43 specifies "the legitimacy of the struggle of peoples for independence, territorial integrity, national unity and liberation from colonial and foreign domination and foreign occupation by all available means, including armed struggle"

Clearly, no one is adhering to IHL, neither the occupier or the occupied.
...in any way supports the idea that October 7th was a legitimate form of resistance. Protocol 1 is explicitly stating that IHL applies to those armed conflicts. Meaning its not legitimate under international law to massacre civilians in a targeted attack like October 7th in the situations that protocol 1 covers.

UNGA 37/43 does not legitimize terrorism or violations of IHL in any way either. Again, this resolution is not international law, and it's not even endorsing terrorism. Why bring this up? I know opinion pieces in Al Jazeera make this argument, but it's just wrong. Sorry. There have been UNGA resolutions explicitly condemning terrorism and breaches of IHL leading to the loss of civilian lives. The general assembly is not endorsing or legitimizing terrorism or breaches of IHL.

So exactly how is October 7th a form of resistance? Aside from it being an illegitimate, illegal, and immoral form of resistance.

Okay I am glad you at least won't stand by that part of your post. But "for those playing at home" can you please explain how this:

...in any way supports the idea that October 7th was a legitimate form of resistance. Protocol 1 is explicitly stating that IHL applies to those armed conflicts. Meaning its not legitimate under international law to massacre civilians in a targeted attack like October 7th in the situations that protocol 1 covers.

UNGA 37/43 does not legitimize terrorism or violations of IHL in any way either. Again, this resolution is not international law, and it's not even endorsing terrorism. Why bring this up? I know opinion pieces in Al Jazeera make this argument, but it's just wrong. Sorry. There have been UNGA resolutions explicitly condemning terrorism and breaches of IHL leading to the loss of civilian lives. The general assembly is not endorsing or legitimizing terrorism or breaches of IHL.

So exactly how is October 7th a form of resistance? Aside from it being an illegitimate, illegal, and immoral form of resistance.
You would have a powerless people subjugated by an authoritarian criminal State and unable to resist. As has already been shown in this thread that's not how law works.

You would have a powerless people subjugated by an authoritarian criminal State and unable to resist. As has already been shown in this thread that's not how law works.
Of course they can can resist... in accordance with IHL :drunk: You guys are losing this debate horrifically. Anyone with a basic understanding of international law knows I am right, the fact you guys are dying on this hill is truly embarrassing, not only for you, but for the Australian education system which has a lot to answer for.

The people are represented by a government. In this case of Gazan citizens that would be Hamas who are the biggest reason behind the oppression they are suffering when they seized complete control in 2007 of the Palestinian territory.

The best form of lawful resistance in Gaza would have been for the people to rise up and overthrow Hamas. There has been small pockets of resistance to Hamas but as far as I am aware has there even been a revolution against Hamas? Considering the population of Gaza vs Hamas that in theory should be entirely possible.

Infact right now would be a great time to for the people of Gaza to out Hamas once and for all. Clearly, Hamas do not act in the interests of the people of Gaza whatsover with their only goals seemingly being annihilation of Jews and/or mainting control of Gaza for their own personal financial benefit (Sinwar was living in a luxury underground bunker before his death with cash galore). Has been reported that Sinwar never discussed or was interested in any peace / ceasefire agreements.

The people are represented by a government. In this case of Gazan citizens that would be Hamas who are the biggest reason behind the oppression they are suffering when they seized complete control in 2007 of the Palestinian territory.

The best form of lawful resistance in Gaza would have been for the people to rise up and overthrow Hamas. There has been small pockets of resistance to Hamas but as far as I am aware has there even been a revolution against Hamas? Considering the population of Gaza vs Hamas that in theory should be entirely possible.

Infact right now would be a great time to for the people of Gaza to out Hamas once and for all. Clearly, Hamas do not act in the interests of the people of Gaza whatsover with their only goals seemingly being annihilation of Jews and/or mainting control of Gaza for their own personal financial benefit (Sinwar was living in a luxury underground bunker before his death with cash galore). Has been reported that Sinwar never discussed or was interested in any peace / ceasefire agreements.
Yes. A civilian populace deprived of food, water, shelter and sanitation for a year, indiscriminately bombed, burned, and maimed, with no money, no resources, no weapons, and no power, are surely up for the fight. Not sure if serious or...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you suggest they go about this?
Do you think it's important that they target and kill civilians and take hostages? If they are going to do an armed resistance, abide by IHL. Why are you condoning terrorism?

This is pretty much what they said about Gaza though (regarding 8 story bunkers, not hidden gold) and that came up fairly short

I'm not sure they're going to lie about this tbh and I wonder if there's enough money in there for the government to have a thinky about going in there themselves with their regular army.

I'm not sure they're going to lie about this tbh and I wonder if there's enough money in there for the government to have a thinky about going in there themselves with their regular army.
I imagine that's what they're aiming for, attack Hezbollah on both fronts. I just hope they aren't planning on dropping bombs after telling everyone to go there

There's a reason you can't answer the question.
I just answered the question.

How do they go about this? The best and most moral way would be renounce terrorism and their racist charter, accept Israel as a state, and end the occupation through peaceful resistance. This would gain them huge international support and legitimacy for the Palestinian state.

If they want to do an armed resistance, then they can do it in accordance with IHL. Target military objectives using the principles of proportionality and distinction with the goal to end the occupation.

I imagine that's what they're aiming for, attack Hezbollah on both fronts. I just hope they aren't planning on dropping bombs after telling everyone to go there

They wouldn't dare IMO. Not after this announcement.

I just answered the question.

How do they go about this? The best and most moral way would be renounce terrorism and their racist charter, accept Israel as a state, and end the occupation through peaceful resistance. This would gain them huge international support and legitimacy for the Palestinian state.

If they want to do an armed resistance, then they can do it in accordance with IHL. Target military objectives using the principles of proportionality and distinction with the goal to end the occupation.
How would the Palestinians (who AFAIK don't have a "racist charter") achieve this through peaceful resistance? What evidence is there that this works?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back