Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

I already did. To quote myself "Clearly, no one is adhering to IHL, neither the occupier or the occupied"
That half-answered the question, but I will accept it. You seem to agree that it would be hard to argue that October 7th in any way could be seen as a legitimate form of resistance, which I appreciate. :thumbsu: The worst is when people just keep arguing around and around in circles trying to defend indefensible points.
I'm no international law expert, but perhaps the only element of October 7th that has claims to be considered legal would be the attack on Nahal Oz military base. I don't think I've seen anyone say the attack on the kibbutz residents was acceptable. But then, I can't say I've read every post in the thread.
You can definitely make the argument it was a legitimate military target, but the conduct of the militants in attacking the base seemed to clearly breach IHL from initial UN reports that I read awhile ago, in particular what appears to be the killing of soldiers who were hors de combat, and the taking of hostages. As we know through their actions, military targets were not the only objective for Hamas that day though.

Last edited:

Crimes against humanity is the term you’re looking for. Never quite seem able to use it.
No. War was the term I was looking for. There are allegations of crimes against humanity committed by Israel in the context of the armed conflict between Israel and Hamas, but the war itself is not a "crime against humanity" in a legal sense. Crimes against humanity are alleged to have happened in bello.

Hamas caused the war. I wouldn't argue, like you just seemingly did by trying to correct me, that Hamas brought crimes against humanity upon the people of Gaza. I would blame any such crimes on Israel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jews feeling like pariahs is a centuries old thing.

Not sure why you are trying to deny their right to self-determination.

Regardless, not all Jewish people are Israeli, or want to be associated with Israel and/or zionism. You should stop conflating them.

No. You’d dance around it, as usual:
Thanks for bringing this really important microaggression to my attention, I will try to do better in the future. In the meantime, if you could run along so I can get back to debunking baseless racist conspiracy theories and justification for terrorist atrocities, that would be great.

Thanks for bringing this really important microaggression to my attention, I will try to do better in the future. In the meantime, if you could run along so I can get back to debunking baseless racist conspiracy theories and justification for terrorist atrocities, that would be great.

Someone's cranky their annual leave is all used up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back