Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

...so tired when you have people in this thread peddling racist conspiracy theories about Ashkenazi Jews stealing babies and you guys giving it all the thumbs up without producing a single shred of evidence. You guys defend and downplay October 7th with wild conspiracy theories, and argue that Jews control the government and media, maybe I don't buy your "we are just against mass slaughter" arguments, because sometimes you seem to think it's excusable... like when it's carried out against Israelis. It's just "not particularly palatable", that's all. :embarrassedv1:

Nobody is buying the antisemetism hiding behind a veneer of anti-Zionism. Not all criticism of Israel is antisemitism, not even close. But when people drool at the mouth while peddling every dumb conspiracy theory ever leveled at a group of people, while defending the mass murder of those people, and calling for the destruction of their country, yeah I will probably suspect that there is some antisemitism going on there. Pardon me for thinking so:

589% rise in antisemitic abuse in the UK according to the Community Security Trust.

FBI sees a record high number of antisemitic hate crimes. Jews are 2% of the American population, but account for 15% of the hate crimes and 68% of religious based hate crimes.

...and it's flourishing in Australia too since October 7th.

Imagine a group of unhinged lunatics peddling every conspiracy theory against Palestinians while calling for the destruction of Palestine, and saying the Palestinian diaspora in the Western world is controlling the media and government. Would I think that person is likely racist? Yes.
Why do you think anti-semitism is on the rise?

Why do you think anti-semitism is on the rise?

It's always been there simmering under the surface, some see reason to freely express it now. Not all but it's definitely there.

In my experience, there's only one hatred that burns with greater intensity than hateful, racist attitudes against colored people and that's hatred for Jews.

Because some people are racist. Same way Islamophobia rose in the West following the rise of ISIL. Why do you think it is on the rise?
I believe it is because people are appalled by what Israel is doing to the residents of Gaza (aided and abetted by several powerful States, including Australia) and are lashing out at Jews in general because of their anger, sorrow and disgust. In short, if Israel wasn't committing one of the the worst atrocities of this century (literally, quantifiably and sadly many times worse than 7 October, which was absolutely horrific) I don't think so many people would have ill feelings towards Jews.

I believe it is because people are appalled by what Israel is doing to the residents of Gaza (aided and abetted by several powerful States, including Australia) and are lashing out at Jews in general because of their anger, sorrow and disgust.
Which would make them... what? What's the word for that? Antisemitic?

Imagine if people were disgusted by what Palestinians under Hamas did to Israelis on October 7th and started lashing out at Muslims. Imagine if anyone defended those people. The fact you defend this just proves the point I am making better than I ever could.

Keep telling us its a tired trope, Sherb.

I believe it is because people are appalled by what Israel is doing to the residents of Gaza (aided and abetted by several powerful States, including Australia) and are lashing out at Jews in general because of their anger, sorrow and disgust. In short, if Israel wasn't committing one of the the worst atrocities of this century (literally, quantifiably and sadly many times worse than 7 October, which was absolutely horrific) I don't think so many people would have ill feelings towards Jews.
Racism, bigotry and antisemitism/islamophobia in all its forms is a symptom of ignorance and hatred.

‘some people’ will use any excuse to voice their ignorance and bigotry out loud. Some people don't need any excuse at all.

Those who accept or perpetuate the myth of justification of racism and bigotry are accomplices to the ignorance, hatred and violence that results.

Last edited:
If Palestinians keep chanting from the river to the sea and kill the Jew which is definitely happening in the Uk and US then i will keep telling you that anti semitism is rife.
Sure, call out the actual anti-Semites, I totally agree with you. Hatred of Jews needs to be targeted and hopefully stamped out.

But don't attach the "Jew hating" label to people simply because of their support for Palestine or opposition to the actions of the current Israel regime. Because it's lazy and not necessarily correct.

Imagine if people were disgusted by what Palestinians under Hamas did to Israelis on October 7th and started lashing out at Muslims. Imagine if anyone defended those people. The fact you defend this just proves the point I am making better than I ever could.

You've missed my point. People aren't lashing out them because they're Jewish but rather because of what they perceive they (and it's not fair, because it's not Jews living in Australia) are doing to an oppressed poor marginalised defenseless people. If it was Muslims (e.g. ISIS) or Catholics or Americans or whoever, I feel a lot of the response would be the same (not ignoring that there is an inherently racist sector of the population who hates Jews). That inherently racist group never went away - they are the ones committing a 'baseline' of anti-semitism. The rise in anti-semitism isn't because there's now a lot more inherently racist anti-semites. It's because 'normal' people give a **** and see the heinous barbaric crimes Israel is committing, seemingly unaccountable, and respond.

When ISIS was in full force I actually applied to join the Defence forces, sat the entry exam and everything, as I was horrified by what they were doing and wanted to play my part. Scored in the top 1% (naturally :sunglasses:), was ready to enroll, then other opportunities arose. But my response to what ISIS was doing is, I believe, the same response that is driving people to hate Jews (who otherwise never gave them a second thought).

I'm not giving a pass to people passing on their anger to all Jewish people, it's ignorant and stupidly dangerous, but if you think Muslims would get the same support from media and Parliament if roles were reversed then you have been living in a cave for the past 25 years.

If Palestinians keep chanting from the river to the sea and kill the Jew which is definitely happening in the Uk and US then i will keep telling you that anti semitism is rife.
What if say, a certain Jewish group altered video footage of protesters and added the chant. Who would you call anti-sematic then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well. That didn't take long.
Palestinians under Hamas? What issue do you have with that? It is specific and not a generalisation about all Palestinians. You might want to try again, I actually went back over the post and made sure I specificied who I was talking about so as not to unfairly generalize.

Palestinians under Hamas? What issue do you have with that? It is specific and not a generalisation about all Palestinians. You might want to try again, I actually went back over the post and made sure I specificied who I was talking about so as not to unfairly generalize.

Same as it's important to distinguish between 'Jews' and 'Israelis' and 'Israel', it's important to distinguish between 'Palestinians' and 'Hamas'.

Hamas committed atrocities. Palestinians are being slaughtered. This is unacceptable.

Israel and the IDF are committing atrocities. Jews and Israeli civilians being slaughtered in return would be similarly unacceptable.

Not all Jews are Israeli. Israelis are not the Nation State of Israel, nor are they the IDF.

Using 'Palestinians' is no different to using 'Jews' or 'Israelis' to describe those committing atrocities against Gazans. If someone was to start saying 'oh the Jews under Netanyahu are committing war crimes' they'd be called out for their use of language.

What if say, a certain Jewish group altered video footage of protesters and added the chant. Who would you call anti-sematic then?
Are you talking about the Sydney Oprah House protest that happened in the wake of October 7th? Where they were alleged to be shouting "gas the Jews"? I don't know if they were shouting that, it doesn't sound like it in the video I saw, but its also hard to make out what they are saying. The videos weren't altered but the subtitles were probably wrong. I am not sure how "Where's the Jews" makes sense or why they want to know where Jews are though?

Nevertheless, they were clearly chanting "F the Jews" in another clip and antisemitic slogans were shouted at the rally. This was just days after October 7th. Wild stuff. I have no problem quipping that these particular people might bond with Neo-Nazis over their shared hatred of Jews. But in seriousness, they aren't representative of pro-Palestinians as a whole, this should go without saying.
Using 'Palestinians' is no different to using 'Jews' or 'Israelis' to describe those committing atrocities against Gazans. If someone was to start saying 'oh the Jews under Netanyahu are committing war crimes' they'd be called out for their use of language.
Not really. To be an analogy of what I said, it would be "Israelis are committing war crimes under the Netanyahu government". Do you have a problem with that? I think that would be a fair characterization. What would be a poor generalisation is if I said "Muslims under Hamas".

Are you talking about the Sydney Oprah House protest that happened in the wake of October 7th? Where they were alleged to be shouting "gas the Jews"? I don't know if they were shouting that, it doesn't sound like it in the video I saw, but its also hard to make out what they are saying. The videos weren't altered but the subtitles were probably wrong. I am not sure how "Where's the Jews" makes sense or why they want to know where Jews are though?

Nevertheless, they were clearly chanting "F the Jews" in another clip and antisemitic slogans were shouted at the rally. This was just days after October 7th. Wild stuff. I have no problem quipping that these particular people might bond with Neo-Nazis over their shared hatred of Jews. But in seriousness, they aren't representative of pro-Palestinians as a whole, this should go without saying.

Not really. To be an analogy of what I said, it would be "Israelis are committing war crimes under the Netanyahu government". Do you have a problem with that? I think that would be a fair characterization. What would be a poor generalisation is if I said "Muslims under Hamas".

Muslims would also be unacceptable, but also doesn't have the same implication as the terms 'Jew/Jews/Jewish' which is why Netanyahu has tried desperately to ensure Israel/Israeli and Jew/Jewish are one and the same as a shield against criticism given the historical treatment of Jews, most specifically during the holocaust and the ensuing creation of the state of Israel.

In short, if Israel wasn't committing one of the the worst atrocities of this century (literally, quantifiably and sadly many times worse than 7 October, which was absolutely horrific) I don't think so many people would have ill feelings towards Jews.

7 October 2023 isn't a single day in history; it's current event!

The antagonists have quite literally sought the reaction afforded by Israel and are still sitting on the hostages from that commencement date, which is no ifs, buts or maybes, a war crime.

I've always said in this thread, that Israel's best course of action from that date would been to have done literally nothing and let the world's gaze embarrass Iran's proxies into submission, seen the return of hostages already and solidified Israel's legitimacy in the region.

But the Israeli government are right wing ****wits. Iran and their proxies knew that and knew exactly what response would happen.

The proxies were and are willing the flatten a tiny region, by yet another proxy, so that they can garner ill feelings towards Israel. And they're winning on that front.

Why would they not also lash out at Hamas who are aided and abetted by Iran, a state that openly calls for the explusion of Jews and destruction of the state of Israel? Where is the anger, sorrow & disgust at these groups for bringing war & misery to the Gaza strip?

Anyone that truly cares for the people of Gaza should be calling for the removal of Hamas and action against both the Iranian government for waging a war against Jews/Israel and Israel for its disproportionate war of retribution against Hamas.

I find it strange at the lack of protests at the Iranian embassy for those that are allegedly concerned with supporting Palestinians.

When ISIS was in full force I actually applied to join the Defence forces, sat the entry exam and everything, as I was horrified by what they were doing and wanted to play my part. Scored in the top 1% (naturally :sunglasses:), was ready to enroll, then other opportunities arose. But my response to what ISIS was doing is, I believe, the same response that is driving people to hate Jews (who otherwise never gave them a second thought).

HAHAHAHAHA

What was the opportunity that arose that stopped you from single handedly defeating ISIS?

Mum offer to give you her Mazda 2 if you gave TAFE another try?

Why would they not also lash out at Hamas who are aided and abetted by Iran, a state that openly calls for the explusion of Jews and destruction of the state of Israel? Where is the anger, sorrow & disgust at these groups for bringing war & misery to the Gaza strip?

Anyone that truly cares for the people of Gaza should be calling for the removal of Hamas and action against both the Iranian government for waging a war against Jews/Israel and Israel for its disproportionate war of retribution against Hamas.

I find it strange at the lack of protests at the Iranian embassy for those that are allegedly concerned with supporting Palestinians.

Those people are also opposed to Hamas. But Hamas aren't the one running a mass bombing campaign and slaughtering tens of thousands of Palestinian whilst simultaneously blocking most aid to those who have been mass-displaced.

Anyone who truly cares for the people of Gaza would be opposed to the actions of Israel and Hamas. Which, strangely enough, is representative of what the vast majority of us who keep criticizing the war crimes and crimes against humanity being committing by the IDF on a daily basis are saying.

Step 1 for helping the Palestinian people: Stop the mass bombing campaign going on every single day which is by a significant margin the most immediate threat to the life of Palestinian civilians.

Muslims would also be unacceptable, but also doesn't have the same implication as the terms 'Jew/Jews/Jewish' which is why Netanyahu has tried desperately to ensure Israel/Israeli and Jew/Jewish are one and the same as a shield against criticism given the historical treatment of Jews, most specifically during the holocaust and the ensuing creation of the state of Israel.
Wait, is "Israelis are committing war crimes under Netanyahu" an unacceptable generalization?

And as I have demonstrated in this thread, a lot of, but not all, criticism of Israel is just antisemitism in disguise. Look at all the rubbish that gets posted in here. Some really wild stuff. You are trying to argue I was being racist for saying "Palestinians under Hamas...". Imagine if I had absolutely baseless conspiracy theories about Palestinians stealing babies, or if I was in here baselessly arguing Palestinians were fabricating rape stories to make Israel look bad, or that Palestinians were killing their own people since October 7th and thats why the number of civilian deaths were so high, and Palestinian lobby groups controlled the government...etc.

It's amazing how much unhinged rubbish can go unchallenged if it's about Jews and Israelis.

Those people are also opposed to Hamas. But Hamas aren't the one running a mass bombing campaign and slaughtering tens of thousands of Palestinian whilst simultaneously blocking most aid to those who have been mass-displaced.

Anyone who truly cares for the people of Gaza would be opposed to the actions of Israel and Hamas. Which, strangely enough, is representative of what the vast majority of us who keep criticizing the war crimes and crimes against humanity being committing by the IDF on a daily basis are saying.

Step 1 for helping the Palestinian people: Stop the mass bombing campaign going on every single day which is by a significant margin the most immediate threat to the life of Palestinian civilians.

The supreme leader of Iran has recently called on other ME states to declare jiihad on Israel. Has also called for the majority of Jews to be expelled from the ME and destruction of the state of Israel.

This is the biggest driving force behind Hamas. Those concerned with Palestinian lives absolutely should be taking the fight to the Iran / Iran proxies (this includes Hamas) and getting rid of the Likud government in Israel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back