Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Where you're going wrong is that you have to believe Jews control the world first... If you believe Jews control the world, then the fact that Jewish lobby groups exist at all is evidence that they have undue power in Australian politics.

I also mod on the conspiracy board where it can be a battle so I've been immersed in that environment for a while and probably sensitive.

This isn't at all what people have been saying. It's a trope people like Zidane keep repeating, same as how he claims anyone critical of Israel's actions is pro-Hamas. Or how ZEV labels anything he thinks is critical of Israel as antisemetic.
I notice how you dodge hard questions on the topic. Why? Treating this as a team sport?

I notice how you dodge hard questions on the topic. Why? Treating this as a team sport?
Can you explain how any of the posts have been anti-semetic or racist?

Not your made up one, posts the actual written words from the post and explain what is anti-semetic / racist about it.

Or just ignore this and put your head in the sand if too difficult

Can you explain how any of the posts have been anti-semetic or racist?

Not your made up one, posts the actual written words from the post and explain what is anti-semetic / racist about it.

Or just ignore this and put your head in the sand if too difficult

I believe it's a strands in the cable type argument, not a links in the chain one.

This isn't at all what people have been saying. It's a trope people like Zidane keep repeating, same as how he claims anyone critical of Israel's actions is pro-Hamas. Or how ZEV labels anything he thinks is critical of Israel as antisemetic.
Or anyone.

False. See below.

Your mate @jason_recliner used anti-semitic tropes to explain why Australia hasn't ostracised Israel.

Can you bring up a single quote from anyone denying that lobbying influences outcomes?
My apologies, I must have misunderstood. I thought there was debate that 'junkets' did not influence decisions. We all know that junkets are part of a lobbyists arsenal.

The agreed conclusion is that junkets influence decisions as, lobbying influences decisions. Everyone agrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My apologies, I must have misunderstood. I thought there was debate that 'junkets' did not influence decisions. We all know that junkets are part of a lobbyists arsenal.

The agreed conclusion is that junkets influence decisions as, lobbying influences decisions. Everyone agrees.

Would it not be more that junkets influence opinion? They're essentially a PR exercise are they not?

Lobbying politicians may have some influence on decisions, how much and what pollies might get out of it is another question.

No, the claim people made and stood by was that junkets to Israel were tantamount to bribes
1730090647881.png

and they made journalists, through a mechanism that was never explained, produce disinformation on behalf of Israel
1730090798139.png

Because that debate was completely unwinnable from their side, some people in the argument tried to strawman it to be about junkets influencing decisions. Of course they can influence decisions or opinions. There isn't a single thing I have ever said otherwise. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Having more information is good, generally, as long as the information is correct and even if it isn't, journalists can fact check, that's what they are paid for.

Palestinian lobby groups exist and have taken journalists on tours of the West Bank, outlined in the Crikey article. Nobody should have a problem with this. It seems people only cry about lobbying groups if the lobby group is lobbying for something they don't like... or if Jews are doing it.

Attachments

• 1730090747109.png
    1730090747109.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 0
Would it not be more than junkets influence opinion? They're essentially a PR exercise are they not?

Lobbying politicians may have some influence on decisions, how much and what pollies might get out of it is another question.
As stated, junkets are a part of a lobbyists arsenal

journalists can fact check, that's what they are paid for.
This is where your argument falls apart

The days of main stream journos fact checking things are a thing of the distant past. They write what their editor tells them to write or the are gone. The editor gets told what to put in articles by the suits above, these suits share the same barber with the other suits in power and have a good old chat about what stories to put our there and how to express it.

If you don't believe the right have a strong grasp on how the media tells stories then you really do have your head in the sand, or are just happy to accept it as it suits your personal views.

UN chief says north Gaza 'untenable' for life as Egypt proposes two-day ceasefire deal​

The UN's chief has described northern Gaza's humanitarian situation as "untenable" and called for Israel to allow crucial aid into the besieged enclave. "The devastation & deprivation resulting from Israel's military operations in North Gaza are making the conditions of life untenable for the Palestinian population there," Antonio Guterres wrote on X. "This conflict continues to be waged with little regard for the requirements of international humanitarian law."

Israeli authorities were hampering efforts to deliver food, medicine and other essential humanitarian supplies, putting lives at risk, he said. Israel says its forces operate in accordance with international law, and accuses Hamas of using civilians as human shields — a claim it denies. Israel also denies blocking humanitarian aid to Gaza, blaming international organisations for problems distributing it and accusing Hamas of stealing from aid convoys.

Dozens of people were killed in northern Gaza on Sunday, where Israeli troops say they are trying to stop militant group Hamas from regrouping. The largest of the Gaza Strip's eight historic refugee camps, Jabalia has been the focus of an Israeli military offensive for more than three weeks.

At least 20 people were killed following an Israeli air strike on a house in Jabalia, medics and Palestinian news agency WAFA said. Another Israeli air strike on a school sheltering displaced Palestinian families in Shati camp in Gaza City, killed nine people and wounded 20 others, with many in critical condition, medics said.

Footage circulated on Palestinian media, which Reuters could not immediately verify, showed people rushing to the bomb site to help evacuate the casualties. Bodies were scattered on the ground, while some carried wounded children in their arms before loading them in a vehicle.

The Israeli military said it was looking into the report on the strike on the school.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-28/un-chief-north-gaza-life-untenable-israel/104525252

No, the claim people made and stood by was that junkets to Israel were tantamount to bribes
View attachment 2153128

and they made journalists, through a mechanism that was never explained, produce disinformation on behalf of Israel
View attachment 2153130

Because that debate was completely unwinnable from their side, some people in the argument tried to strawman it to be about junkets influencing decisions. Of course they can influence decisions or opinions. There isn't a single thing I have ever said otherwise. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Having more information is good, generally, as long as the information is correct and even if it isn't, journalists can fact check, that's what they are paid for.

Palestinian lobby groups exist and have taken journalists on tours of the West Bank, outlined in the Crikey article. Nobody should have a problem with this. It seems people only cry about lobbying groups if the lobby group is lobbying for something they don't like... or if Jews are doing it.
yep all good, and ill repeat. Lobbying does influence outcomes, junkets are a tool that lobbyists use.

The more resourced the lobbyist, the more likely the incidence of influence... none of this is surprising.

Should lobbyists be allowed to 'entertain' policy/decision makers is a fair debate. Ultimately, it is the well resourced/networked that typically have the most impact, often at the expense of the less resourced

yep all good, and ill repeat. Lobbying does influence outcomes, junkets are a tool that lobbyists use.

The more resourced the lobbyist, the more likely the incidence of influence... none of this is surprising.

Should lobbyists be allowed to 'entertain' policy/decision makers is a fair debate. Ultimately, it is the well resourced/networked that typically have the most impact, often at the expense of the less resourced

There was a writeup a while back in the language used when describing actions taken by Israel versus Hamas, or to Israeli civilians versus Gazans.

There's a big distinction in how things are reported, that shapes how it's viewed by the public.

This wasn't the specific article, but a quick search finds a number all discussing this kind of thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hezbollah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back