Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hizbullah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice emotional pivot. But the point made about Hezbollah v Israeli flags in THIS thread to which you responded was made in relation to Sydney protests.

Come back to us when you do some research and understand how the waving of the Hezbollah terrorist flag in the streets of Sydney (in contrast to the national flags of Lebanon and Israel) is not about recognising and resolving conflict. But can do nothing but inflame the tensions of the large contingent of Israeli Jewish and Christian/Muslim Lebanese connected Australian citizens who live in Sydney and Melbourne.

The whole flag thing is an emotional pivot to distract from war crimes, which is the topic of the thread.

In the current climate (what looks like genocide) I think the Israel flag offends just as many, if not more people than the Hezbollah flag.

The whole flag thing is an emotional pivot to distract from war crimes, which is the topic of the thread.

In the current climate (what looks like genocide) I think the Israel flag offends just as many, if not more people than the Hezbollah flag.
Yeah more Australians are offended by the Israeli flag than a terrorist flag another couple hundred protesters on the weekend will confirm that lol.

Yeah more Australians are offended by the Israeli flag than a terrorist flag another couple hundred protesters on the weekend will confirm that lol.

Most Australians wouldn't have even recognized the Hezbollah flag a few days ago.

Streisand effect.

A lot of people will probably remember the violent 2012 Sydney protests that were raised against an anti-Islamic film. Our intelligence agencies will be very aware, if it passed by virtually unnoticed at the time, that the Islamic State flag was being flown front and centre.

The Syrian civil war started in 2011. The Islamic State flag in a casual almost goofy script, was part of ISIS’ strategy to attract young men to join its movement. It was being used as a recruitment tool and many young Australian men went to Syria to fight under it. Most of them didn't come home.

It's an offence to fly that flag.

When you look at Hezbollah's flag with imagery of a fist holding an assault rifle, it's far more obvious what the organisation is about. And it will frighten people.

hezbollahflag.png

Not sure on the exact law but anything that can be linked to terrorism or cause offence (eg Nazi salute) has specific laws against it.

I would say anyone who displays the flag of an officially designated terror group in Australia is probably breaking the law.
How come the flag of David is still allowed because I would Bibi and many in his cabinet are very close to being terrorists, look at some the statements they have made and no one bats an eyelid including people like yourself.

what our government can and should do to take a stronger diplomatic role in resolution rather than taking sides to appease allies?
It’s time they climbed down off the fence and be “fully fully fully supportive of Israel” (well done, Joe, better late than never 😛).

It’s no use trying to appease terrorists. Iran and their proxies are not the slightest bit interested in diplomacy, but they are starting to understand the scale of the retaliation they are currently facing. Israel knows this full well and will do everything in their power to defend themselves from the existential threats they are on the end of. Neither side wants all-out war but the Iranian terrorism must cease if there’s to be any chance of building peace in the ME.

Albanese and Wong are more than embarrassing in their stance, they are morally bankrupt, putting domestic politics ahead of supporting an ally.

How come the flag of David is still allowed because I would Bibi and many in his cabinet are very close to being terrorists, look at some the statements they have made and no one bats an eyelid including people like yourself.

Ben Gvir - Israel's Minister of National Security. In the past Ben Gvir was convicted eight times on incitement and terrorism charges

The flag of david has the full support of the US and its allies Australia being one of them why wouldn’t it be allowed, close to being terrorists lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They tend not to fair very well against anyone but unarmed party goers.

As opposed to IDF blowing limbs off children?

This is the sort of exchange that has me asking again, why is this thread still open in a crimes thread?

We are clearly now dealing with a complex set of historical geopolitical issues here that are not well suited to a 'crime' discussion and its guilty/not-guilty binary thinking. Each poster seeking to point the finger at who is the biggest ogre and what is the biggest atrocity - measured in body counts of lives and limbs lost.

And the undeniable fact is that the long-feared “wider war” in the Middle East is here and all that brings in terms of horrors and atrocities from all sides.

It's now a full year since the slaughter of about 1,200 people in Israel by Hamas and the horrible vengeful retribution on tens of thousands of civilians in Gaza. As predicted by many that terrorist attack by Hamas has spread into a conflict with Iran’s other proxy, Hezbollah, and ultimately with Iran itself.

A week ago Israel assassinated the Hezbollah chief, Hassan Nasrallah, and began a ground invasion of Lebanon. Iran retaliated on Tuesday by launching nearly 200 missiles at Israel. This is now the region’s most dangerous moments since the Arab-Israeli War of 1967. As with any war, horrific crimes on individuals and communities will continue to take place at an industrial scale.

Any chance of a two state solution to the long term troubles of the Middle East is now decades off, if ever.

It is politics at its most ugly and extreme. I think that is where the discussion should be shifted- to the international politics thread where at least there is a chance of the broader historical and political context of the ME conflict getting an airing.

While I've posted just 6 times in this thread I sure as heck won't be participating any more in the tic for tac ignorant partisan and juvenile exchanges in this thread. They debase the nature and consequences of the human tragedy that is continuing to unfold on the other side of the world and which may well bring all of us into a global conflict of unimaginable consequences.

Last edited:
It is politics at its most ugly and extreme. I think that is where the discussion should be shifted- to the international politics thread where at least there is a chance of the broader historical and political context of the ME conflict getting an airing. I sure as heck won't be participating in the tic for tac ignorant partisan and juvenile exchanges in this thread any more. They debase the nature and consequences of what has and is continuing to unfold on the other side of the world.

There's already a thread in SRP.

This was opened to discuss war crimes, in a similar vein to Afghanistan. Of course at times it will wander as the conflict widens but it will settle down.

There's already a thread in SRP.

This was opened to discuss war crimes, in a similar vein to Afghanistan. Of course at times it will wander as the conflict widens but it will settle down.
Well said. My confidence in you as a demonstrably sage and balanced moderator is what will make it so.

Good luck.

In case some of your weren't aware, this evening around sunset (wherever you may be in the world), is the commencement of the 10 days of Repentance/Jewish High Holy Days/High Holidays.

1. Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah - commencing tonight)

2. Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur commencing 10 days later on the Friday night, which includes a 24 hours fast from food and liquids)

What's the relevance?

Given it's regular use by the IDF being planted on piles of rubble that used to be people or landmarks in Gaza, it may as well be a swastika as far as I'm concerned.

In case some of your weren't aware, this evening around sunset (wherever you may be in the world), is the commencement of the 10 days of Repentance/Jewish High Holy Days/High Holidays.

1. Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah - commencing tonight)

2. Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur commencing 10 days later on the Friday night, which includes a 24 hours fast from food and liquids)

Shana Tova yeledim!

Remove this Banner Ad

Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas - Hizbullah - Houthis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back