You're club can take one, GO

• Wardlaw

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • JHF

Votes: 49 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Warlord looks more impressive at the same age as JH-F

One worry/knock on him is that he seems a bit injury prone, where as JH-F seems very durable and got body/frame that seems to be able to sustain a lot of hits and bumps.

He is a bit more athletic/zippy version of Nathan Buckley.

You would be bloody happy with either though

Wardlaw. Better player and less of a pea-heart.

Anyone who’s seen young JHF play would know that’s an ignorant comment.

Edit: silly me, just checked your post history. Look I get it. I do. He’s a player you didn’t want to lose. We wouldn’t want to lose him either.

But grow up FFS. And get over your loss and look forward rather than silly troll posts.

Last edited:
Anyone who’s seen young JHF play would know that’s an ignorant comment.

Edit: silly me, just checked your post history. Look I get it. I do. He’s a player you didn’t want to lose. We wouldn’t want to lose him either.

But grow up FFS. And get over your loss and look forward rather than silly troll posts.

Who are you, his mother? Good grief - someone buy Festerz a diary this Christmas.

If they had that sport vs sport athlete challenge from a decade or so ago, GW would be the AFL's #1 pick you'd put up against someone like Billy Slater (and he's still only 19 years old) Slater was a cyborg athlete in most categories.
lol this is pretty laughable

JHF way more dynamic and versatile. Wardlaw has unfortunately reached a level of hype that he may not live up to at this stage. No need to add pressure onto wardlaw, for a 22 gamer I think north fans already have put enough pressure on his shoulders.

As another poster said before wardlaw has the higher floor - even if he doesn't show much improvement he's still a consistently decent AFL standard mid, whereas JFH performance can fluctuate more wildly (for better or worse).

Whilst he's obviously shown some promise, Warlaw also lacks endurance, goes to ground too often and isn't a great ball user. Plenty of time to work on those aspects of his game.

I'd prefer JHF in my team overall right now as I'm unsure if wardlaw will actually make the grade as an elite player, whereas JHF is almost there already (perhaps fluctuates between elite/average)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the 20 year old who can't run out 4 quarters is the best athlete in the comp? pass the joint son
It depends on what your definition of “best athlete” is.

In terms of most of the categories he's absolutely elite.

He ran a 600 yoyo in his draft combine which is above average. His TOG and the amount of pressure and the sheer amount of contested poss/defensive efforts for his age, certainly isn't anything like "cant run out 4 quarters"

Last edited:
JHF way more dynamic and versatile. Wardlaw has unfortunately reached a level of hype that he may not live up to at this stage. No need to add pressure onto wardlaw, for a 22 gamer I think north fans already have put enough pressure on his shoulders.

As another poster said before wardlaw has the higher floor - even if he doesn't show much improvement he's still a consistently decent AFL standard mid, whereas JFH performance can fluctuate more wildly (for better or worse).

Whilst he's obviously shown some promise, Warlaw also lacks endurance, goes to ground too often and isn't a great ball user. Plenty of time to work on those aspects of his game.

I'd prefer JHF in my team overall right now as I'm unsure if wardlaw will actually make the grade as an elite player, whereas JHF is almost there already (perhaps fluctuates between elite/average)

Speaking of joints....

Back