Injury Warnock Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Get well soon Warnock.

That doesn't sound too good if he can't even remember getting up and having a kick at goal.

Warnock has improved vastly since he came to carlton and he normally is a reliable set shot at goal so that knock clearly affected him.

I have taken a few knocks to the head over the years and they did affect my orientation and faculties at the time.

Also we had our oppotunites to win and blew them, blaming umpires is a pointless exercise

If only the big fella had just laid down :D

A new appointment to the coaching panel has been announced by the Carlton Football Club this afternoon:

James "Charlie" Manson will assume the duties of the "How-to-take-a-mark-in-the-dying-seconds-and-act-like-you've-been-shot-allowing-a-teammate-with-a-better-kick-to-take-the-match-winning-shot-on-goal" coach.

Warnock has improved vastly since he came to carlton and he normally is a reliable set shot at goal so that knock clearly affected him.
Wow, you really have no clue.

He was never going to kick that goal, ever.

Early in the season he was reliable shooting at goal. .. Had a couple of clangers recently. .. I did say to my mate who got excited with the free kick that "it's not a goal yet will be a shakey kick". .. I was remarkably calm after the miss, although I new the game was more or less over. .. Didn't realise he had taken a hit at the time. ..

Knockers kicked a goal from almost the identical spot against Essendon.

http://www.gameanalyser.afl.com.au/...03&eventType=Goal&seek=6144&videoQuality=high

Good kick for goal, but has been down lately. Possibly due to the extra ruck workload with O'hAilpin, not Hampson relieving him in the ruck. Looks tired. Think we need to use our rucks better than we have and rotate them through the number one spot. Hampson deserves a chance to start and get his confidence up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget the kick and just get well Robbie.
I think that is excatly the issue: he has forgotten that kick and the period directly before and after.
I hope he gets well soon. We need the big guy with all his marbles.

Actually, I am not sure how the trainers misjudged how bad he was. It seems, with the perfect powers of hindsight, an obvious decision to get one of the others to take the kick.

However, hindsight is so wonderful: you know exactly what you did wrong when it is too late to do anything about it.

Robbie did kick a couple of clutch goals against Sydney last year in the EF. For a big man, he is usually reasonable in front of goal. However, having to pretty much shoulder the ruck duties whilst Kreuzer has been recovering has clearly affected him. Give him the week off, even two given we only play Port after we play Melbourne, and we get a refreshed and rejuvinated Warnock not that long before Kreuzer comes back.

Any professional footy player should have slotted that
Saying that we have all blown easy putts I guess/clutch free throws/whatever games you nerds play on your phones etc.

I think we have placed too much focus on that kick. IF he had missed it in the 1st quarter it would not have raised an eyelid. Not many players on the ground who did not commit an error throughout the game.

My issue with Warnock is I find him to be a very lazy footballer. We are quick to throw stones at Hampson for not doing enough around the ground and basic skill errors but if we turn our scrutiny to Warnock's efforts, the guy flying under our radar.

His field kicking is very good, quick effective hands for a big bloke, his decision making fine, can take a good grab on the lead but just does not find enough of the ball. You hardly see him running off his direct opponent into space to become an option for us. The guy has so much potential but at this stage of his development cannot see him realising it.

Needs a kick up the arse because he should be dominating games not just hit outs with his talent. Substituting him with Hampson will not make a difference around the ground.
If only he had half of Kreuzer's work ethic.

Dirk

My issue with Warnock is I find him to be a very lazy footballer. We are quick to throw stones at Hampson for not doing enough around the ground and basic skill errors but if we turn our scrutiny to Warnock's efforts, the guy flying under our radar.

Not sure I agree. .. I think its his recovery and tank that needs to be worked on. .. His ruck work, second efforts and tackling show that he put in an effort but he seems to not recover quickly enough to run around the game then towards the end of matches he is even less likely to be able to put in an effort. .. I think its fatigue. .. He has a big frame though and it must be harder to build a fitness base, didn't Sandilands have a similar issue early in his career too. ..

I think Warnock is doing enough at the moment and if he can get more assistance and rotation in the ruck then he should be fine. .. Don't under estimate his ability to give us first use of the ball either. ..

I think we have placed too much focus on that kick. IF he had missed it in the 1st quarter it would not have raised an eyelid. Not many players on the ground who did not commit an error throughout the game.

His field kicking is very good, quick effective hands for a big bloke, his decision making fine, can take a good grab on the lead but just does not find enough of the ball. You hardly see him running off his direct opponent into space to become an option for us. The guy has so much potential but at this stage of his development cannot see him realising it.

Needs a kick up the arse because he should be dominating games not just hit outs with his talent. Substituting him with Hampson will not make a difference around the ground.
If only he had half of Kreuzer's work ethic.

Dirk

There is only one thing that annoys me with Robbie, and that is that with his hit outs, he just taps it. He doesn't palm it down to a player, he just taps it anywhere. He doesn't punch it hard forward if we're in defence, he just jumps and it looks very lazy, but he just seems to just tap it down, to anyoneone without really being smart about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back