warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt power beat rovers by about 10 goals at rovers home ground last time they met? think rovers maybe very overrated but guess time will tell.
From what I remember they did. I have seen Rovers once this year and they looked like a good side but were a little top heavy, need a few more small running players.

well everyone has seen everyone in the league by this time of the year so what are everyones thoughts? who'll play finals who wont? tips for the league medal? who needs to do what to make sure they get into the top 5?
top 5 - timboon, south rovers, power, merrivale, creek. allansford will just miss out! michael clements would have to be up there as will jimbo whitehead!

Watched the Merrivale vs Kolora/Noorat game on the weekend an judging by what i saw the future of South West football is going to be huge, guys like Ben Moloney, Darcy O'Sullivan an Brad Johnson from Kolora and Peter Macarona & Todd Mclean from the tigers R all goin to be instrumental and i beleive there talents are being wasted in the WDFNL, O'Sullivan should have stayed at Camperdown and Macarona & Mclean shoulda followed Simon Seddon to Koroit. Can anyone tell me what these boys are thinking playing in the sticks?

Watched the Merrivale vs Kolora/Noorat game on the weekend an judging by what i saw the future of South West football is going to be huge, guys like Ben Moloney, Darcy O'Sullivan an Brad Johnson from Kolora and Peter Macarona & Todd Mclean from the tigers R all goin to be instrumental and i beleive there talents are being wasted in the WDFNL, O'Sullivan should have stayed at Camperdown and Macarona & Mclean shoulda followed Simon Seddon to Koroit. Can anyone tell me what these boys are thinking playing in the sticks?

I think that you will find that Ben Moloney will play for the geelong falcons next year. He is only 16 and probably thought he was too young to have a crack at Hampden seniors at this stage. If he had have gone to Terang, I would assume he only would of been playing under 18s, and if that was the case, he made right choice in staying at power, and getting some senior experience this year. Think Darcy will benefit from a year at Power, and will definitely be back in the Hampden league in next couple of years, most likely a lot better player than when he left. As for Johnson, I think he is quite happy to stay out of the spotlight, and just play out at power. No doubt he would be in Terangs top 10 if he was to venture in and have a run with them, but just can't see it happening soon.
As for Macarona, if he was as good as you mention, he would have sown up the game early in the last quarter with the 2 simple shots on goal, which he sprayed. Handy player, but did, at times seem very unaccountable.

I think that you will find that Ben Moloney will play for the geelong falcons next year. He is only 16 and probably thought he was too young to have a crack at Hampden seniors at this stage. If he had have gone to Terang, I would assume he only would of been playing under 18s, and if that was the case, he made right choice in staying at power, and getting some senior experience this year. Think Darcy will benefit from a year at Power, and will definitely be back in the Hampden league in next couple of years, most likely a lot better player than when he left. As for Johnson, I think he is quite happy to stay out of the spotlight, and just play out at power. No doubt he would be in Terangs top 10 if he was to venture in and have a run with them, but just can't see it happening soon.
As for Macarona, if he was as good as you mention, he would have sown up the game early in the last quarter with the 2 simple shots on goal, which he sprayed. Handy player, but did, at times seem very unaccountable.

You are obviously involved with the power to know so much about those boys. So i got 2 questions for ya.. Will Darcy go back to camperdown next year or another Hampden club? Because from all reports he wasn't too happy with Camperdown? and will Beardy play next year or just coach?

tell us your thoughts.. who has had good seasons. who has been a sursprise and gone good and who has been a slider and been ordinary?? ill start it off...
STAR: matty steal - gets the job done week in week out.
mark evans - same thing, rated highly and living up to the expectations.
SURPRISES: sam mahony - got potentail, just not rated as highly as his season has suggested.
ben moloney - again, everyone knows he can play, just been underestimated cos he young and hadnt played senior footy before this year!!
SLIDERS: corey brebner - probably rated higher then his season to date suggests.
david mills - struck down by injury.. hasnt even looked like it this year.! ... what are your thoughts?

. As for Johnson, I think he is quite happy to stay out of the spotlight, and just play out at power. No doubt he would be in Terangs top 10 if he was to venture in and have a run with them, but just can't see it happening soon.

cant say i know the kid, but johnson must be the best player in the league, if your saying he would be in terangs top 10!!

so he is better then..
  • paddy heffernan
  • matt irving
  • nick couch
  • damian oconnor
  • matt schrama
  • nathan jones
  • simon schrama
  • xav moloney
  • brett membrey
  • chris morrison
i must see this johnson play, he must be star!!

. As for Johnson, I think he is quite happy to stay out of the spotlight, and just play out at power. No doubt he would be in Terangs top 10 if he was to venture in and have a run with them, but just can't see it happening soon.

cant say i know the kid, but johnson must be the best player in the league, if your saying he would be in terangs top 10!!

so he is better then..
  • paddy heffernan
  • matt irving
  • nick couch
  • damian oconnor
  • matt schrama
  • nathan jones
  • simon schrama
  • xav moloney
  • brett membrey
  • chris morrison
i must see this johnson play, he must be star!!

He is better than chris morrison!

Just a question, who would be the top three or four players at each club???

POWER - Brad Johnson, Darcy O'Sullivan, Jamie Whithead, Luke Madden, Tim Fitzgerald
TIMBOON - Michael Clements, Nick Thompson, Andy Rylance, Klint Wagstaff, Luke Thompson
OLD COLLEGIANS - Cory Brebner, Jock Anderson
MERRIVALE - Jason Porter, Todd McLean, Peter Makarona
SOUTH ROVERS - Mark Evans, Mark Bowman,
RUSSELL'S CREEK - Paul Butters, Alistar Sharp, Sam Burchell, Shannon Carter
PANMURE - Sean James, Murray Ellerton, Tim Condon
DENNINGTON - Danny Chatfield, GaryJohn Shepperd
NIRRANDA - Danny Shand, Brendan Foster
DEAKIN UNI - Will Glover
EAST W'BOOL - Ben Gray, Matty Scoble
ALLANSFORD - Matty Steel, Sam Mahony, Ben Lenehan, Tim Ward

How'd I go?

POWER - Brad Johnson, Darcy O'Sullivan, Jamie Whithead, Luke Madden, Tim Fitzgerald
TIMBOON - Michael Clements, Nick Thompson, Andy Rylance, Klint Wagstaff, Luke Thompson
DEAKIN UNI - Will Glover

How'd I go?

Good Job!!!

DEAKIN UNI - Will Glover

How'd I go?

Ya missed Dane Newman from Deakin..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is better than chris morrison!

Better than Chris Morrison? Don't be a w***er! Moz won the WDFNL league B&F in 2003 when he was about 21. Was clearly the best player in the league that year! Also a premiership player in the Hampden league. Very important player as the bloods come towards the finals. Understand Johnson is gunna be good but talk to me when he proves himself a bit more. There's a few more players that could fit into that top 10 too..

Better than Chris Morrison? Don't be a w***er! Moz won the WDFNL league B&F in 2003 when he was about 21. Was clearly the best player in the league that year! Also a premiership player in the Hampden league. Very important player as the bloods come towards the finals. Understand Johnson is gunna be good but talk to me when he proves himself a bit more. There's a few more players that could fit into that top 10 too..

i never said that... blow in did!!

tell us your thoughts.. who has had good seasons. who has been a sursprise and gone good and who has been a slider and been ordinary?? ill start it off...
SURPRISES: sam mahony - got potentail, just not rated as highly as his season has suggested.
ben moloney - again, everyone knows he can play, just been underestimated cos he young and hadnt played senior footy before this year!!
SLIDERS: corey brebner - probably rated higher then his season to date suggests.
david mills - struck down by injury.. hasnt even looked like it this year.! ... what are your thoughts?

STAR: jimbo whitehead - has had another terrific year! racks up possesions every week and never wastes it!
SURPRISE: peter makarona - i dont think he was rated as highly as his season so far has suggested.
SLIDERS: andy rylance - has not been at his best this year, with other gun midfielders around him has not been caught out yet!

By prove himself, do you mean play Hampden league? It seems that nobody is rated unless they play or have played the almighty Hampden league, which seems a bit sad especially when there are 16 year old kids leaving their home clubs, because they feel that they will be looked upon as a BETTER player in years to come, forgetting that they have left behind the friends and coaches that have been with them from the start. Seems a shame that the effort their HOME club has put in, all adds up to nothing when that player heads off to another club, just when they have got something special to offer back to that club, which may in the end be the difference in winning a flag or being runners up.

STAR: jimbo whitehead - has had another terrific year! racks up possesions every week and never wastes it!
SURPRISE: peter makarona - i dont think he was rated as highly as his season so far has suggested.
SLIDERS: andy rylance - has not been at his best this year, with other gun midfielders around him has not been caught out yet!

yeah jamie whitehead is a gun but you are obviously from the power cause u always talk about him...do the power not have any other good players?.....because he has not been in the best every week....if u are from the power whats luke mahony doing and where has their other young gun moloney gone...sam moloney that is?
suprises...brendon foster never heard of him till this year sean james from panmure and ben moloney from kolora and sam mahony allansford
sliders...adam matheson timboon coach and the dennington side dunno what it is but they got a similar side to last yr besides brebner and they r strugglin....i still think they will beat some of the good sides bbut will not play finals

Who??? Have they been playing this year?

Mate these 2 are both very good players.. Higgins just has natural ability and attwater got selected for Vic Country but didnt particapate because he went home for uni holidays

STAR: Matty Steal has had a super yr, i rate him for the league medal.

SUPRISE: Ben Moloney is a genuine good senior player despite his lack of experience.

SLIDERS: Brebner has had a stinker!

top ten at terang this year realise there two games clear on top.. pull your head in...

The Hampden league is overrated. There are a number of leagues that are of a higher standard, one being the AFL. So if your not playing in the AFL who gives a shit where you play because there will always be better palyers and better leagues above you. I say play at the club you love with your mates whether that be in the Almighty Hampden League or Yambuk Wednesday D Grade Comp.

The Hampden league is overrated. There are a number of leagues that are of a higher standard, one being the AFL. So if your not playing in the AFL who gives a shit where you play because there will always be better palyers and better leagues above you. I say play at the club you love with your mates whether that be in the Almighty Hampden League or Yambuk Wednesday D Grade Comp.

Best comment for the year!! You hit the nail on the head, legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back