freo grover

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2004
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Does anyone know any good places (if any) to watch AFL games in Glasgow, Berlin, Paris (especially) and London.

Gonna miss the first 4 games of season in these countries. But still gonna try and watch them if I can.

If anyone knows any will be appreciated!!!!

:thumbsu:

Find a pub which has access to the Australia Network over satellite or cable.
Failing that - torrents are your friend.

Not sure if I can give specific trackers publicly (even though the trackers themselves are public) so PM me if you need the info.

You could also seek out anybody with Setanta Sports on their Satelite as they generally brodcast two games live each weekend once the real season starts. They show both live afternoon games at 5 in the morning and evening games at 9/10 am. They also repeat the showings later in the day. Sky also have a highlights show and in Ireland the terrestial Irish Language chanel TG4 also have a highlights show.

3 Live Games per week on Setanta in UK/IE

As far as Pub watching goes, the Walkabouts are your friend. In London you also have the option of the Slug @ Fulham Broadway Tube. They show every game every week.

yeah, good luck mate
im living in norway atm, only chance to watch it is on eurosport 2 and they only show an edited "highlight" game couple times a week
it kills me

You are meant to be able to watch it over the internet however the AFL / Telstra is not capable of providing the technology requried to achieve it which was released about 9 years ago.....each unto their own though, being a total failure is allowed.

When I was in Paris a year and a half ago I walked past an Australian pub. I can't recall the name of the street but I remember it being near the Pompidou Centre.

Anyway, you may wish to try this place out:

http://www.cafe-oz.com/cafeoz-refchatelet-paris-oui-1.html

It's located on the rue St Denis in the centre of Paris, so it's very easy to get to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for all the help, particularly with the Slug, looks like the place to check out the Cats while I am over that way!

Anyone know if there is any place in Spain, Portugal, Italy or France for watching AFL, live or replay?

Or any way to download them from an internet cafe overseas?

Thanks in advance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching AFL games in Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back