Watching AFL in the UK

Remove this Banner Ad

Two games showing live on ESPN on Thursday and Friday morning... Wahoo Sports Bar and Grill in Putney will show a replay of all games via ESPN and on off the web.... starting from next weekend...

Two games showing live on ESPN on Thursday and Friday morning... Wahoo Sports Bar and Grill in Putney will show a replay of all games via ESPN and on off the web.... starting from next weekend...

PLaying pies v doggies as well, but not live:

08:00 Sun 28th March
Australian Rules Football

Western Bulldogs v Collingwood Magpies. Action from the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, as these two sides get their 2010 AFL campaigns under way.

Which is not bad considering live it would be 3am!

Without ESPN I've found other than the grandfinal (which they show at a bar in Edinburgh) it's pretty much impossible to watch games anywhere.

I just stream them online delayed by a couple of days, but it's annoying. Means a complete Internet embargo for days so I don't end up accidentally finding out scores.

Without ESPN I've found other than the grandfinal (which they show at a bar in Edinburgh) it's pretty much impossible to watch games anywhere.

I just stream them online delayed by a couple of days, but it's annoying. Means a complete Internet embargo for days so I don't end up accidentally finding out scores.

The Oz Bar on Candlemaker Row usually shows all games in the day or two after they are shown.

That's where I went for the GF, I didn't know they showed other games. Think I may pop down and ask the bar-staff if they know what games they are likely to be showing. Going to be down that way tomorrow anyway.

That's where I went for the GF, I didn't know they showed other games. Think I may pop down and ask the bar-staff if they know what games they are likely to be showing. Going to be down that way tomorrow anyway.

Yeah, the bloke who runs it is usually happy to help out and download games for you etc and put them on and that.

They showed most of the NAB Cup too.

There is an excellent bar over the road called Under The Stairs, well worth checking out.

Here are the times at the Wahoo Sports Bar in Putney, London:

Thursday
19.30: AFL – Richmond v Carlton

Friday
19.30: AFL – Geelong v Essendon

Saturday
12.00: AFL – Melbourne v Hawthorn
15.00: AFL - Brisbane v West Coast
17.30: AFL - Sydney v St Kilda

Sunday
17.00: AFL - Port Adelaide v North Melbourne
19.30: AFL - Western Bulldogs v Collingwood

Monday
20.00: AFL - Fremantle v Adelaide

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Additional replays of any game available at request

Contact us for any additional info - Putney@cavendishbars.com
0208 789 8560

I'd be interested to know what you found out

The barman said pretty much that as Setanta has gone down it's difficult to get the games on tv, with ESPN seemingly only showing the occasional game. He said they would have to therefore download the games but didn't give any times or specifics.

I just plan on heading in on Saturday and asking if they are showing any games this weekend and hoping they do and it's the Saints game.

If I find anything more detailed I'll post it here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm heading down to Oz Bar on Tuesday to find out if they are showing any games from Round 4, been busy so not managed to get down this last week but I'm down that way on Tuesday so I'll pop in again and if I find anything out I'll post it here.

If it wasn't for ESPN I wouldn't have found about this awesome sport.

Caught the Week 3 Highlights show at 3am last night, and I can't beleive I haven't found out about this AWESOME sport sooner!

It is just a pity you chose Geelong ;)

Saints v Dogs live this Friday. May have to have a sickie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching AFL in the UK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back