Injury Waters Retires?

Remove this Banner Ad

"I've loved every minute." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 31s32 seconds ago
"Being a part of a team, it's been quite inspiring to be involved with some of the players I've played with." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 7s7 seconds ago
"I would like to extend a warm thank you to everyone that's helped me, particularly the club. I don't know where I would be without them."

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 46s47 seconds ago
"I would have loved to continue to play, but I haven't been able to get through the contact involved in playing an AFL game." #ThanksBeau

[URL='https://twitter.com/WestCoastEagles'] West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 4s4 seconds ago
"The rest of my body feels great. I'm probably not going to take up arm wrestling, it's just my shoulder." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 40s41 seconds ago
"I walked into this club as a boy from Adelaide & will leave as a husband and hopefully a better man. I have the club to thank." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
"I said to Simmo I won't get to play for him, which is disappointing. But we beat him a few times in the early days." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 43s44 seconds ago
"I've always felt blessed to play at the elite level. I always prided myself on preparing as best I could." #BeauWaters

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 36s37 seconds ago
"I've put a few surgeons' children through college, so that feels good." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 14s15 seconds ago
"I call Western Australia home and I would like to thank the members and fans for their welcome and their support." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago
"I would like to consider myself a player that other guys would like to play with." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 40s41 seconds ago
"The capability of our coaching staff is going to present our side with an opportunity to play in a grand final." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 12s12 seconds ago
"Short term I think I'll take a break from footy. I still love watching the game but I feel like I've left everything on the field."

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 38s39 seconds ago
"Relative to what so many people have gone through it's nothing. If my body hurts from footy, I know I've been blessed." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 12s13 seconds ago
"I say to other players, grab your opportunity. You want to be able to give it your best." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago
"Sam & I both grew up in Adelaide. We've been together here for 12 years and he is one of my dearest friends." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 53s54 seconds ago
"I've downloaded Seek so I'm going to see what else is out there." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 31s31 seconds ago
"Speaking from playing experience, there's not many players you can put in Beau's category." Adam Simpson #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 20s21 seconds ago
"What he's done off the field within the community here is so rare. He deserves everything he gets." Adam Simpson #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 29s30 seconds ago
"He's been able to find a balance with his leadership. He's used his unique experience to mentor others." Adam Simpson #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago Perth, Western Australia
"I think my involvement with charity has helped make me who I am today." Beau Waters #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 49s49 seconds ago
"We want to give Beau some time to enjoy his family and take a break." Adam Simpson #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 20s20 seconds ago
"I trained hard, I played hard but that's not enough. Changing my attitude to be more professional is what I had to do." #ThanksBeau

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 53s53 seconds ago
"I saved the game or something." Beau on his mark late in the 2006 Grand Final #ThanksBeau

[/URL]

Best memory of beau was 2007 final vs port at AMMI and beauy nailed salopek after he received a hospital hand ball ! Was the best shirt front I have seen live .
40000+ people could see it coming except salopek !
Good luck in retirement beau

my best memories of Beau:

- The big marks he took late in the last quarter of the 2006 GF. Running back with the flight of the ball.

- Taking the massive hanger against Richmond at the MCG in the dying seconds of the game with less than a goal in it

I feel empty and like he had so much unfinished business. Cheated that we won't get to see him play again.

We are so much less without him out there, we need someone to grow a pair and harden up.

#Wah

Farewell Beauy. Get the feeling his farewell lap of honour will be a mighty send off.

Well loved by all at the club, players, coaches and fans alike. Maybe not the most skillful player but he was harder than a cat's head and you could always count on him to go when it was his turn. Not only part of our club has left his playing career aside today but part of AFL and the game in general. One of the real few hard nuts that were left

My most vivid Beauy memory will be that mark late in the 2006 GF but there is many other Beau memories over his 120 game career. Thanks for the memories and look after that shoulder Beauy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, sucks that he missed out on 150 games and life membership. Very much deserved it. Will very much remember his kick outs and composure in the 2006 GF. Sad day.

Good luck Beau, hopefully you head to Germany, get stem cell treatment on that shoulder and come back next year!

I'm feeling quite sad about this. Still he's won a flag and enjoyed some individual accolades, so he can walk away well satisfied.
This is how I feel, despite how good his career was and the fact he did get to the top, I'm still sad thinking about what could have been. I was still hopeful he could get back to his best, even though the writing was on the wall.

Will probably cry if I watch the presser.

Will inevitably be underrated due to his lack of a game count and stands for everything that was good about the Worsfold coached teams; Uncompromising, attacking, and then during the second half of that era, responsible and strong leadership.

Despite his penchant for howlers in the defensive 50, was also a very handy kick 80-90% of the time (His AA year proving that).

Hope he has a long holiday and continues to be involved in whatever capacity he and the club see fit in years to come.

One of my favourite memories of him. That sparked our mini comeback after Franklin took Cousins out. I also remember Lynch slotting one from the boundary to put us in front.

Tony Shaw is confused. Who is this Beau Waters bloke? He is still looking to add Scott Watters' brother Beau to his supercoach team

The reason we love him is the reason he is retiring :cry:
He put his all into every single game and now there's nothing left over.
He would make a magnificent coach one day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back