Watt a mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by localyokel
He looked good and its going to be difficult to believe that he lasted until #15 in the draft. He was advantaged by the fact he made his debut on Ben Harrison though. I cant think of a player in the AFL who wouldnt take him to the cleaners-except Reiwoldt for some reason.
So there you have it:

Fergus Watts > Nick Riewoldt

Originally posted by spindoctor
Fergus has incriminating photos of Stiffy_18 with Ayres's wife.

Man she gets around.

Impressed with young Fergus today. His tackling and his attack on the ball and the player were great. Should've been rewarded for that holding the ball decision in the second quarter when Stiffy took the free kick.

What about that pass to Welshy, off the left foot if you don't mind.

Originally posted by acg_204*
Impressed with young Fergus today. His tackling and his attack on the ball and the player were great. Should've been rewarded for that holding the ball decision in the second quarter when Stiffy took the free kick.
Thought the same that Fergus got robbed for the free by Stiffy, who proceeded to kick a point.

Gee whiz I wish I'd seen the game, Fergus sounded awsome.

I don't think its Watts > Riewoldt, quite yet, maybe more like;

Nick Riewoldt - The next Fergus Watts. ;)

Originally posted by McLeod23
Gee whiz I wish I'd seen the game, Fergus sounded awsome.

I don't think its Watts > Riewoldt, quite yet, maybe more like;

Nick Riewoldt - The next Fergus Watts. ;)

He wasn't that great. I mean he showed signs. Nice mark and goal in the goalsquare but nothing much else.

Originally posted by jmorg1
He wasn't that great. I mean he showed signs. Nice mark and goal in the goalsquare but nothing much else.
He showed more than just one mark and goal in the goal square. His one handed mark whilst bodying out his opponent on the members side wing was very good, his tackling was hard, and his left foot pass in the last quarter was great.

He is no Reiwoldt yet and may never be but you seriously undersold his debut.

Originally posted by Fergus
He showed more than just one mark and goal in the goal square. His one handed mark whilst bodying out his opponent on the members side wing was very good, his tackling was hard, and his left foot pass in the last quarter was great.

He is no Reiwoldt yet and may never be but you seriously undersold his debut.

Well I didn't mean to do that, just trying not to get my/our hopes up. I'd be more than happy for him to be the next Riewoldt or better.

BETTER than Riewoldt? Hahaha...that would make him the best player in the competition, probably.

I don't think he's quite as good a mark, kick or got quite as good pace or windtank as Riewoldt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Have you ever said anything positive or even remotely entertaining on the Crows' Board? If you are just going to troll 100% of the time you can buggar off to your own board!

I not trolling i just giving my view or a senario that could take place Kane

Given that Smart retired to let young players have a go surely consistency should mean Carey retires now as well if he is not going to play next year?

If Carey and Stevens come back you would think Watts and Rutten would have to miss out which would be a shame.

Originally posted by Jars458
Given that Smart retired to let young players have a go surely consistency should mean Carey retires now as well if he is not going to play next year?

If Carey and Stevens come back you would think Watts and Rutten would have to miss out which would be a shame.

In's for next week could well be Carey, Stevens, Hart and Torney (hopefully!!)

Smart's retirement leaves it open for Carey at least. As for the other outs - maybe Bock, Doughty and Shirley? I guess it depends on how fit and well Stevens, Hart and Torney are.

As for Watts I was impressed with his workrate. he did some nice little things before he started kicking goals. Some solid tackles and good handballs. I loved it when Harris was stirring him in the third and Fergus would not have bar of it. I loved that mark in the goalsquare!

Originally posted by Jerome
As for the other outs - maybe Bock, Doughty and Shirley?

Bock played well as a leading forward.

Dougty and Shirley were excellent in defense.

They won''t be dropped.

Originally posted by Jerome
In's for next week could well be Carey, Stevens, Hart and Torney (hopefully!!)

Smart's retirement leaves it open for Carey at least. As for the other outs - maybe Bock, Doughty and Shirley? I guess it depends on how fit and well Stevens, Hart and Torney are.

As for Watts I was impressed with his workrate. he did some nice little things before he started kicking goals. Some solid tackles and good handballs. I loved it when Harris was stirring him in the third and Fergus would not have bar of it. I loved that mark in the goalsquare!
No point rushing back the likes of Hart & Goody - let's get them right for 2005.

Outs: Smart, Stenglein (OP), Jericho (but to return after a few good games in the SANFL)
Ins: Carey, M Stevens, Torney

Originally posted by spindoctor
Bock played well as a leading forward.

Dougty and Shirley were excellent in defense.

They won''t be dropped.
Honestly are you related to doughty or something:rolleyes:

Originally posted by crazy_big_al
i think it was OK. I would have liked to have seen the power with something in return for Stevens but it does make a point to other clubs that we will not be forced into a trade. Guerra trade was bad RFK is a joke we could have done so much more

well the above is the official spin on the nick stevens "trade" so that the POP save some face - my spin is that Stevens wanted to play in melbourne, preferably for Collingwood but if not then with Carlton - and so he got what he wanted!! (albeit his 2nd choice) - the Power wanted too much for him, thought they would hold out and get what they wanted, time ran out and they got screwed!!! All this crap about Power players having to think twice in future because Power wont be forced into a trade is just that - tough talk but crap - the fact is that the next player that wants to go home will still go and a deal would be done somehow
Lets face it - Stevens wanted to play in Melbourne and he is.

As for RFK for Guerra - geez i thought Power's recruiting was the greatest in the universe - i think if a more analytical analysis was made of it, one may well find that it is a misperception - vastly overrated - indeed there is a thread on this topic on the Power's own board

Remove this Banner Ad

Watt a mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back