When does injuries become a reason rather than an excuse?

Remove this Banner Ad

First 7 rounds: 2 wins, 5 losses (faced 2 top-8 teams)

Last 7 rounds: 3 wins, 4 losses (faced 5 top-8 teams).

For those oblivious to the point of this thread or interested in making joke comments only, I’d like to pose a serious question:
If it was simply due to poor coaching this year, shouldn’t we expect losing more in the last 7 rounds while facing tougher opponents and when Finals are at stake?
We only beat one top 8 side (WB) in the last 7 games though. The other wins came against fellow shit teams.

We only beat one top 8 side (WB) in the last 7 games though. The other wins came against fellow shit teams.
I’d argue the the Bombers win was a good win too, as at the time they were looking like genuine Finals contender, until they lost their marbles in the last remaining games. And we also pushed the Cats and Port in our other losses.

Then in the first 7 rounds, one of the wins was against North, with the only notable win was against the Blues. The main point isn’t just about the wins/losses, but the contrast in how we started and how we ended this year was very obvious.

First 7 rounds: 2 wins, 5 losses (faced 2 top-8 teams)

Last 7 rounds: 3 wins, 4 losses (faced 5 top-8 teams).

For those oblivious to the point of this thread or interested in making joke comments only, I’d like to pose a serious question:
If it was simply due to poor coaching this year, shouldn’t we expect losing more in the last 7 rounds while facing tougher opponents and when Finals are at stake?

I recall almost the exact same point being made last year. It means nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

When does injuries become a reason rather than an excuse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back