Watts nominates for draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Im all for Watts, we need a key foward and even though he wont be that strong to start his career, at least he will have some pace to beat defenders on the lead up the ground and leading back towards the goal square.

Has had any injuries or surgery on anything through out his under 18 career? I couldnt stand for us to take a guy with so much going for him and be cut down by injury.

I also hope Bailey doesnt just throw him in the deep end if he isnt ready. If he doesnt play a game next year i couldnt care, aslong as he is there for the long term.

When we draft him i will be changing my user name too :"WattsutalkinboutWillis" hope it fits!!:D

I go to school with him and all i know is he did something to his shoulder like 2 years ago but all fine now.

All the draft camp top 10s are now out, Watts' results are as follows:

Repeat Sprints (6 x 30m) - equal 7th – 25.44s
Height - 10th - 195.8cm (He's still growing, gained almost 2cms in 6 months!!)
Weight - Not in the top 10, 10th was 88.50kg so he's less then that
Agility - (40m zig-zag) - 2nd - 8.03s
3km time trial - Not in the top 10, as expected
Standing Vertical Leap - 5th - 70cm
20m Sprint - 2nd - 2.82s (3rd fastest in DC history)
Beep Test - Not top 10, but i know he ran a 13.6, DC average is a 13.3, so a KP to run 13.6 is quite high

Lock him in. Based on the top 10's for the various activities, he's the best all-round performer of DC, probably followed by Ash Smith. Not that we needed any more reason to pick him, this has just consolidated why we should take him

Beep Test - Not top 10, but i know he ran a 13.6, DC average is a 13.3, so a KP to run 13.6 is quite high

Lock him in. Based on the top 10's for the various activities, he's the best all-round performer of DC, probably followed by Ash Smith. Not that we needed any more reason to pick him, this has just consolidated why we should take him

Good info M4C

Do you have the results of Rich, Naita?

I belive his agility score is also the 3rd best in DC history.:thumbsu:

What's his hand-span, I think it's a good indicator for marking ability, IIRC big 426 has/had the record.

Wow, awesome results, i think i just creamed my pants.:D

Good info M4C

Do you have the results of Rich, Naita?

They've only realised top 10s, not a full list of results. Rich didn't do anything because of a slight knee injury he got in the WAFL GF.

Naitanui has grown taller, up from 197cm to 200.8cm, better Ruckman height and he gained a few kgs. He won the standing and running vertical leaps, equaling the record in the running vertical leap. Naitanui was 4th in both of the 20m Sprint and repeat 6 x 30m sprints. I don't know his Agility time and he didn't compete in the Beep test or the 3km time trial because of a "virus". (With a virus like that, he's already an AFL player;))

I belive his agility score is also the 3rd best in DC history.:thumbsu:

Nah, it's a good time but there have been plenty better then that. 5 of the last 6 winners have broken 8 seconds and so did this years winner, so that's at least 6 people quicker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts has broke under the 2.80 mark in the past for the 20m sprints..

No suprise whatsoever, the kid was a gun point guard - most of which would run extremely quick times over these short distances.

I sure hope we draft Jack, he already shows love for the Dees and I reckon he is just as marketable as NickNat - if not more marketable, as he speaks very well and shows enthusiasm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts nominates for draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back