Wayne Carey - "Footy Confidential"

Remove this Banner Ad

And how brilliant was his Caro p1sstake right off the top, insisting that "sources" had told him she was not welcome in WA. Silly cow asked what sources. It was a joke you bint. What does he have to do... lisp?

you idiot

"Silly cow" was being played by Carey, so she plays Carey back.

Re: Footy Confidential- Your opinions?

its a bit staged in my belief..they are making out they dont get along and theres these little tiffs and so on...BUT they are hamming it up for the cameras in my view...

Caroline wilsonn on the jumper clashes was one....everyone in footy agrees we need alternate strips...she was playing devils advocate for the sake of it...for the cameras in other words.

That said I do watch it

Trust me, it is not staged. Carey hates her with a passion. I dont think he hates Hutchi as much, he just knows he is a slimy ambulance chaser.

Can't believe how rude Caroline Wilson is.
Chris Conolly is a guest on the show, He clear starts of with a tounge in cheek joke and she goes straight below the belt with a job question to start with. Like Liberty to the US and Mother Russia to Russia, she may as well be to Richmond. The very embodiment of one that would eat her young.

The equivalent of the short man syndrome

Caro knows she is in a man's world so she goes over the top to be "ballsy" and break the mould - but she come's across as a venomous whore

take notes from ABC's Karen Thuy - perfect to listen to and an authority on sport. She earns her respect by her knowledge and composure - not by taking cheap shots and seeking headlines

Trust me, it is not staged. Carey hates her with a passion. I dont think he hates Hutchi as much, he just knows he is a slimy ambulance chaser.

he would hate her - no doubt she would have been the most outspoken after the "incident". probably still holds a grudge

as i would - 14 pages on one affair - more than 9/11 got

was silly

Not a bad show.

They need to get rid of the bloke dressed in drag though (the one with the lisp) - it was funny the first week but I'm getting a bit over it now.

Caro is the biggest whore in this world.
My Dad walked in last night whilst that program was on and said, and i quote: "Who the F*ck is that?"
I replied with: "That's Caroline Wilson from the Age"
He said: "Thats gotta be a bloke... Horrid"

I loved the way Carey goes Carro but at the same time, Carey tries to be controversial for the sake of being controversial and sounds pig-arrogent.

He is arrogant. :p

I posted on the Freo board aboutthis. She really should treat people who keep her in a job (like AFL coaches) with at least a bit of respect.

She's a journalist and a bloody good one - it's not her job to treat coaches with kid gloves otherwise we'd have just one big lovefest like most of the blokey footy shows already on the TV. Her job is to question, and she obviously has the respect and thus the sources to back up her high position in AFL reporting. Imagine how hard it would be dealing with the women haters in footy - like those in abundance on these boards.

She's a journalist and a bloody good one - it's not her job to treat coaches with kid gloves otherwise we'd have just one big lovefest like most of the blokey footy shows already on the TV. Her job is to question, and she obviously has the respect and thus the sources to back up her high position in AFL reporting. Imagine how hard it would be dealing with the women haters in footy - like those in abundance on these boards.

correcting Connolly on how to say derby?

It is in WA, we can f**king say it any way we want

I agree, Wayne Carey's the best panellist on "Footy Confidential",

I must be in a parallel universe. I think he's even more obnoxious and unintelligent than Sam Newman, and I never thought that possible.

They are all pretty awful, but in my mind Caroline Wilson is by far the most articulate, the most capable of stringing an argument together, and the one who digs up the most information. Who cares what she looks like, the others aint exactly pictures of loveliness either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must be in a parallel universe. I think he's even more obnoxious and unintelligent than Sam Newman, and I never thought that possible.

They are all pretty awful, but in my mind Caroline Wilson is by far the most articulate, the most capable of stringing an argument together, and the one who digs up the most information. Who cares what she looks like, the others aint exactly pictures of loveliness either.

I care what she looks like, it's quite unnerving watching her snarl through those braces like she's bitten into a sh*t sandwich.

no seriously, it is...

much better on radio.

Too much arguing not enough intelligent discussion and analysis, they're all clambering over the top of one another, cutting each other off, sniping and bitching. Connolly was poorly treated and Wilson was downright rude. Can't make up my mind on Carey. Don't respect him much as a person, no question about him as a player, but he's not playing any more. Lyon seems goofy to me and I'm always bemused that he's touted as a future AFL/Melbourne coach, what has he done to prove himself as a coach?
I agree that apprenticeships within the system are essential these days.
Talking Footy was a much classier show.

BTW Caroline Wilson's looks are irrelevant, mysoginist chauvanist diatribes are just rubbish. If you're going to judge, base it on character not appearance.

What's the problem with Wayne Carey and his constant obsession with the Roos?

Caroline Wilson threw everything she could at Chris Connolly. 'Fremantle are expected to lose this week', makes for good viewing. I thought Chris spoke very well.

The Coaches Award is a good initiative, IMO.

What's the problem with Wayne Carey and his constant obsession with the Roos?
Possibly has something to do with the fact he played over 200 games for the club, won 2 day and 2 night premierships.
I think he's just totally sick and tired of all the negative press every day about the club, just like the rest of us NM fans are.

Why is it a problem for Carey to pump up the Kangaroos? Is it because it was something positive about the club, and that North got more of a mention that Collingwood? What is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey - "Footy Confidential"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back