Competitions WCE Board 2022 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Order and Selections

ROUND 1 :

1. Brisbane - Will Ashcroft (F/S bid matched)
2. GWS - Aaron Cadman
3. North Melbourne - George Wardlaw
4. North Melbourne - Harry Sheezel
5. Essendon - Elijah Tsatas
6. Gold Coast - Oliver Hollands
7. Hawthorn - Jhye Clark
8. Geelong - Jedd Busslinger
9. West Coast - Mattaes Phillipou
10. St Kilda - Cam Mackenzie
11. Carlton - Bailey Humphrey
12. Western Bulldogs - Reuben Ginbey
13. West Coast - Elijah Hewett
14. Melbourne - Matt Jefferson
15. Sydney - Isaac Keeler
16. GWS - Olli Hotton
17. Collingwood - Harry Barnett
18. Brisbane - Jaspa Fletcher (F/S bid matched)
19. Sydney - Brayden George
20. GWS - Henry Hustwaite

ROUND 2 :

21. GWS - Lewis Hayes
22. Essendon - Alwyn Davey Jnr (F/S bid matched)
23. West Coast - Darcy Jones
24. Essendon Match Davey bid
24. Western Bulldogs - Josh Weddle
25. Adelaide - Jakob Ryan
26. Hawthorn - Coby Burgiel
27. Collingwood - Lachie Cowan
28. West Coast - Ed Allan
29. Collingwood - Charlie Clarke
30. St Kilda - Jacob Konstanty
31. Carlton - Nick Sadler
32. Fremantle - Mitch Szybkowski
33. North Melbourne (traded from GWS) - Max Gruzewski
34. Adelaide - Max Michalanney (F/S bid matched)
35. St Kilda - Sam Gilbey
36. Port Adelaide - James Van Es
34. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
35. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
36. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
37. Melbourne - Jackson Broadbent
38. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid

ROUND 3 :

38. Western Bulldogs - Anthony Munkara
39. GWS (traded from North Melbourne) - Taj Campbell-Farell
40. Hawthorn - Jaxon Binns
41. Sydney - Adam D'Aliola
42. North Melbourne - Kaleb Smith
43. Fremantle - Harry Lemmey
44. Gold Coast - Tom McCallum
44. Adelaide Match Michalanney bid
45. St Kilda - Kobe Ryan
46. Hawthorn - Phoenix Foster
47. Carlton - Harry Rowston
48. Hawthorn - Blake Durry
49. Collingwood - Jaidon Magor
50. Hawthorn - Finn Emile-Brennan
51. Richmond - Corey Tregenza-Cashell
52. Essendon - Tom Scully
55. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
56. Brisbane Match Ashcroft bid
53. GWS - Jed Hagan
54. Geelong - William Dowling

ROUND 4 :

55. North Melbourne - Pass
56. Port Adelaide - Max Knobel
57. GWS - Pass
58. Essendon - Jack Cleaver
59. Essendon (Points surplus from matched Davey bid) - Ethan Phillips
60. Richmond - Will Verall
61. Geelong
62. Hawthorn - Pass
63. Carlton
64. Fremantle

END DRAFT

Last edited:
With West Coast having its strongest draft hand in well over a decade, interest in this years draft is at an all time high as we search desperately for some light at the end of a very dark 2022 tunnel.

So much so that there’s been interest expressed for a 2022 mock draft to be run now trade week is over

For those wanting to have a crack, sign up below.

SELECTORS (Team TBA)
1.Schtinker - Essendon
2. bh90210fan - Carlton
3. Carbine Chaos - Western Bulldogs
4. Miguel Sanchez - West Coast
5. Hook461123 - St Kilda
6. daddy_4_eyes - Fremantle
7. dajesmac - GWS
8. Falco - Adelaide
9. Eastcoasteagle - Sydney
10. AsterixTheGaul - Hawthorn
11. Monocle - Geelong
12. ArdentEagle - North Melbourne
13. eaglespremiers - Melbourne
14. ronpingwins - Collingwood
15. Yeo_Check_Out_ma_Flow - Port Adelaide
16. Wedgetailed Westerner - Richmond
17. briztoon - Gold Coast
18. Ochre - Brisbane

Teams will be randomly assigned once we get enough participants to start. We might go with 17 since Brisbane are effectively a non event as they’ll simply be matching bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher whenever they come. Maybe even 16 if numbers aren’t there and someone can double up with Richmond as they don’t come into the draft until the 50s so it’ll be pretty boring otherwise for the person who draws them.

RULES
1. Time is of the essence. If this drags it becomes a lot less interesting. You have a maximum of 12 hours to select after you have been tagged. If you do not meet this deadline or if you’re otherwise delaying for the sake of it, I will select for you.
2. Please do remember to tag the next selector as the process runs much faster if you do.
3. If you are aware of an upcoming inability to take a pick, please PM me a few preferences. I won’t be participating so I’m no danger of giving away your strategy
4. This is a draft designed to educate the board on prospects. Please write some details about the player you are selecting.
5. We'll try to get it as accurate to the real thing as possible, so father-son and academy players can be bid on and their team can decide to match. Tag me in a post if you are planning on bidding for a player, and I will sort out the points/PM the relevant selector if they wish to match. As mentioned above, we’ll just run with the assumption Brisbane will match the bids
6. Teams will be allocated by using the draft points as a ladder then drawing names at random to match 1st through to 18th on the ladder (skipping Brisbane)

-OR-

If nominations come through quick enough I can randomly select a draft order and allow each participant to choose which team they would like to represent

State your preferred allocation method when nominating

Last edited:

Hand Up GIF by CBC

For the record I’m nominating
Monocle
AsterixTheGaul
Eastcoasteagle
unless they elect to opt out because imo they’re three of the most knowledgeable draftwatchers who regularly post on this board and I think the mock will be better for their involvement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more than happy to have your involvement and I think the mock would benefit from an outside viewpoint

However, since this is after all a team board based mock if there ends up being more nominations than clubs available I might have to give preference to regular WCE posters. Trust you’ll understand

I’m more than happy to have your involvement and I think the mock would benefit from an outside viewpoint

However, since this is after all a team board based mock if there ends up being more nominations than clubs available I might have to give preference to regular WCE posters. Trust you’ll understand
All good by me.

Last year’s if anyone’s interested.

With West Coast having its strongest draft hand in well over a decade, interest in this years draft is at an all time high as we search desperately for some light at the end of a very dark 2022 tunnel.

So much so that there’s been interest expressed for a 2022 mock draft to be run now trade week is over

For those wanting to have a crack, sign up below.

SELECTORS (Team TBA)
1.Schtinker
2. bh90210fan
3. Carbine Chaos
4. Miguel Sanchez
5. Hook461123
6. daddy_4_eyes
7. dajesmac
8. Falco
9. Eastcoasteagle
10. AsterixTheGaul
11. Monocle
12. ArdentEagle
13. eaglespremiers
14. ronpingwins
15. Yeo_Check_Out_ma_Flow
17. briztoon
18. Ochre - Brisbane

Teams will be randomly assigned once we get enough participants to start. We might go with 17 since Brisbane are effectively a non event as they’ll simply be matching bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher whenever they come. Maybe even 16 if numbers aren’t there and someone can double up with Richmond as they don’t come into the draft until the 50s so it’ll be pretty boring otherwise for the person who draws them.

RULES
1. Time is of the essence. If this drags it becomes a lot less interesting. You have a maximum of 12 hours to select after you have been tagged. If you do not meet this deadline or if you’re otherwise delaying for the sake of it, I will select for you.
2. Please do remember to tag the next selector as the process runs much faster if you do.
3. If you are aware of an upcoming inability to take a pick, please PM me a few preferences. I won’t be participating so I’m no danger of giving away your strategy
4. This is a draft designed to educate the board on prospects. Please write some details about the player you are selecting.
5. We'll try to get it as accurate to the real thing as possible, so father-son and academy players can be bid on and their team can decide to match. Tag me in a post if you are planning on bidding for a player, and I will sort out the points/PM the relevant selector if they wish to match. As mentioned above, we’ll just run with the assumption Brisbane will match the bids
6. Teams will be allocated by using the draft points as a ladder then drawing names at random to match 1st through to 18th on the ladder (skipping Brisbane)

-OR-

If nominations come through quick enough I can randomly select a draft order and allow each participant to choose which team they would like to represent

State your preferred allocation method when nominating
I'm happy to pick if you need one more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back