We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Neeld won't last long. Melbourne's culture has always been very very poor, even when they had a very solid team they lacked consistency.

Bit much to blame the assistants, it's Neeld's show. He takes the credit and the blame.

They clearly cannot handle the gameplan and thats on Neeld.

They clearly are not playing with intensity and thats on Neeld.

They are not that talented, thats probably on Bailey, Prendergast and Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my own defence, that was based more on wishful thinking than expectation.

Nevertheless, this thread is not exactly constructive, I think.

In my own defence, that was based more on wishful thinking than expectation.

Nevertheless, this thread is not exactly constructive, I think.

Let me be sincere.

Us Richmond supporters have had to deal with Melbourne supporters playing the 'holier than thou' card against us for the last few years.

I don't need to retell the history between our clubs as of late, but most members of your board continually berated our club, our players...and even just yesterday someone mocked our team line up by either calling our players duds, Melbourne rejects or unfulfilled potential. We've had to deal with that for ages, we've had to deal with reading why North Melbourne & Melbourne were so far ahead Richmond and after that victory in round four last season, shit did hit the fan.

This thread is a sincere reminder to always be humble, because you will always end up eating your words.

I like Melbourne, I love Jim Stynes and I wish your club well. However I has a strong distaste for arrogance, ignorance and rudeness, which is what we've copped from the day your supporters mocked us and sang our song with us when Jordan McMahon kicked the winning goal of THAT game.

Brian Royal & Jade Rawling are both mistakes. The pressure shouldn't be on Neeld, even though the general football public will place him under that scrutiny. He knows that he needs to change the attitude of that club, and that will take many years. You guys hired him, so its your job to stand by him, support him and believe in what he does.

My club has been a flop for a long time (and there are no guarantees that's over yet) but learn from our mistakes, and stop being fickle in the defence of your club.

Simply put, Royal & Rawlings are at fault, the players are at fault, those big money recruiters are at fault. Time to stick by the club and the coach, mistakes happen. It's how you react to them that count.

and even just yesterday someone mocked our team line up by either calling our players duds, Melbourne rejects or unfulfilled potential.

You might have missed the bit after that where we gave a Tigers fan on our board a free kick to poke fun at our team in the same way.

In any case, I figure I've made my own position pretty clear in recent posts about the abundant respect earned by Richmond supporters over the last three decades, and the substantial common ground our two clubs do share, and I know others amongst our contingent here have joined me in that.

I certainly meant what I said on the Bay, and on our board, about this during the leadup to today's match.

You might have missed the bit after that where we gave a Tigers fan on our board a free kick to poke fun at our team in the same way.

In any case, I figure I've made my own position pretty clear in recent posts about the respect earned by Richmond supporters over the last three decades, and the substantial common ground our two clubs do share, and I know others amongst our contingent here have joined me in that.

I certainly meant what I said on the Bay, and on our board, about this during the leadup to today's match.

I've always respected your club, and I hope your supporters don't just respect ours when you're shit. I hope the respect is felt mutually as we both rise up the ladder, because I do believe you will get there. Especially with the concessions you have in the upcoming drafts and that Viney fellow:thumbsu:

Thanks mate. I certainly appreciate everything you say there :):thumbsu:

Thanks mate. I certainly appreciate everything you say there :):thumbsu:

It's all good. :thumbsu: I dislike the belief that a club can only be respected when they're winning.

Yes we can laugh at players, coaches, officials and supporters but when it comes down to it the Melbourne Football Club is the oldest sporting club in the world. It has won 12 premierships and has some of the most iconic names in the history of Football. Richmond are the same, I'll never disrespect your club. It's iconic and over 150 years of tears has been poured into it, I just hope when your supporters are going nuts on your board, they aren't thinking of dropping their shit and giving up on the club.

Neeld also deserves a red hot crack, three games ain't enough.

And Royal was our midfield coach a couple of years ago morebeer. If he coached our midfield when we won 2 wooden spoons from 04-09, why would Melbourne pick him up? It just seems silly recruiting a guy without the numbers on the board, Rawlings the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back