We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought former recruiting manager Barry Prendergast has gotten away scot free of criticsm considering all the decent draft picks he's had over the years, and with no tangible improvement of the Dees, very easy to blame the cook (the coaches in this instance) if they are working with sour ingredients (the players)

Royal is a problem. Rawlings I don't want to judge yet.

But seriously, I think it's the cattle more than anything. We're blaming a bloke that's been in charge for three games? What about the guys that have lost 17 of the past 25 games by shellackings, including a 31 goal massacre?

The playing group at some point needs to be held accountable. The media love to blame coaches, but ultimately when a guy doesn't chase and tackle, when a guy makes the wrong handball decision, when a guy ****s up his kick and ends up giving to his opponent then it isn't the coach's fault.

Royal is a problem. Rawlings I don't want to judge yet.

But seriously, I think it's the cattle more than anything. We're blaming a bloke that's been in charge for three games? What about the guys that have lost 17 of the past 25 games by shellackings, including a 31 goal massacre?

The playing group at some point needs to be held accountable. The media love to blame coaches, but ultimately when a guy doesn't chase and tackle, when a guy makes the wrong handball decision, when a guy ****s up his kick and ends up giving to his opponent then it isn't the coach's fault.

From what I've seen with Richmond, holding players accountable never ever works. It kills their confidence, I know what you're saying, and understand your frustration. But when you kill a guys confidence, it's hard to come back from that. The Dees need to nurture their players, gradually build their confidence. Putting a line in the sand just won't work on kids...remember they're not even men yet. Your captains are 21 years old, you can't buy experience at the store. It's all about nurturing them.

From what I've seen with Richmond, holding players accountable never ever works. It kills their confidence, I know what you're saying, and understand your frustration. But when you kill a guys confidence, it's hard to come back from that. The Dees need to nurture their players, gradually build their confidence. Putting a line in the sand just won't work on kids...remember they're not even men yet. Your captains are 21 years old, you can't buy experience at the store. It's all about nurturing them.
What about Aaron Davey? Brad Green? Mark Jamar? Colin Sylvia? Guys that have consistently been ok-to-good, year on year, and yet fail to deliver when it comes to standing up and being counted?

I've a mind to pull a Mario right now.

I know, we have to ****ing wait. But we've been down here for six ****ing years. I've a mind to put a bet on us winning the wooden spoon, because right now GWS are better than us. We are ****ing AWFUL. We were not this bad in 2008 or 2009. I do not understand why the **** these players simply do not seem to give two shits about CHASING THE BLOKE WITH THE PILL, actually MAKING A CONTEST and attempting to WIN THE ****ING THING.

And they lost Scully to us

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread.

Just because your club got unbelievable concessions and had a million dollars to throw at a kid that had hardly played a game, doesn't give you the right to crow about your conquest. I'd be more worried about the GWS performances after the shellacking they received from North last week than throwing stones at other clubs!

What about Aaron Davey? Brad Green? Mark Jamar? Colin Sylvia? Guys that have consistently been ok-to-good, year on year, and yet fail to deliver when it comes to standing up and being counted?

I've a mind to pull a Mario right now.

I know, we have to ****ing wait. But we've been down here for six ****ing years. I've a mind to put a bet on us winning the wooden spoon, because right now GWS are better than us. We are ****ing AWFUL. We were not this bad in 2008 or 2009. I do not understand why the **** these players simply do not seem to give two shits about CHASING THE BLOKE WITH THE PILL, actually MAKING A CONTEST and attempting to WIN THE ****ING THING.

Quality of assistant coaches aside (for the record I dont rate Royal), your club is learning a brand new game plan. Need I remind you how many games we lost in a row in Hardwicks first season? Patience. :thumbsu:

I thought the addition of Leigh Brown was going to change everything.

I thought the addition of Leigh Brown was going to change everything.

I've tried 5 witty responses and erased them all.

Who the **** said this?

Probably one of your Demons aliases on the Bay?

All part of their plan to be as crap as possible this year. Two early draft picks in a good draft. Then start trying next year.

Because early draft picks worked out so ****ing well for us in the past.

Dunno why there are such high expectations of Melbourne, it's obviously gonna take a while for them develop, your getting your hopes up if you think Melbourne will be in contention within the next 3 years, look how long it took Carlton & now they seem to be a contender after about 4 years in development.

2009 B&F
2010 B&F
2010 AA
2010 Top 5 B&F

First 3 former or current leadership group members...

Yeah, and how long do players get picked on past glories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who told Melbourne?

Did you personally call them up? Make a banner and bring it to the game? Kidnap the board of directors? Tweet about it?

What is the point of this thread. Yeah. We get it, they're going through a rough patch. Must we have a thread highlighting their deficiencies every second day?

Read this then:

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/13420543/neeld-urges-fans-to-keep-the-faith/

Should address most of your concerns.

Wowee. You told us so.

So what do you think of the fitness of the players that Neeld and Misson inherited.

What do you think of the differences between Dean Bailey's flood era game plan and the press and spread game plan that Neeld is trying to implement?

Is it possible that out legacy fitness was not in the ballpark of the AFL elite and that is a major impediment to implementing the press and the spread? Implementing the press and spread is not really optional in 2012 is it? It was not really optional in 2011, well except to Dean Bailey.

Oh I forgot. You told us Royal and Rawlings were duds.

Why waste time on analysis!

I do not understand why the **** these players simply do not seem to give two shits about CHASING THE BLOKE WITH THE PILL, actually MAKING A CONTEST and attempting to WIN THE ****ING THING.

Howe killed us in the air today. Definitely a positive. And has been noted time and time again, Trengrove has a brilliant demeanour for AFL football. I don't want to sound patronising (and as a Richmond supporter, how could I?) but it's just time. The only worry I have about Neeld currently is the complete absence of a forward line from your set up.

You have some players. There is no doubt.

Neeld won't last long. Melbourne's culture has always been very very poor, even when they had a very solid team they lacked consistency.

Oh?

1954 GF Loss
1955 GF WIN
1956 GF WIN
1957 GF WIN
1958 GF Loss
1959 GF WIN
1960 GF WIN
1964 GF WIN

Become educated before making inaccurate comments about an opposition club

Neeld has a 3 year contract ..another fact

Oh?

1954 GF Loss
1955 GF WIN
1956 GF WIN
1957 GF WIN
1958 GF Loss
1959 GF WIN
1960 GF WIN
1964 GF WIN

you are quoting games from over 40 years ago?

doesn't that worry you a bit?

Oh?

1954 GF Loss
1955 GF WIN
1956 GF WIN
1957 GF WIN
1958 GF Loss
1959 GF WIN
1960 GF WIN
1964 GF WIN

OMG most of those wins were more than half a century ago! Not relevant at all today! Not a great argument at all. Sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back