We can snag another big name player

Remove this Banner Ad

We will either get Kerr or Brown, to be honest id rather Brown because him and Fev will be the forward unit not to be messed with!!

We will either get Kerr or Brown? :confused:

The chances of getting either will be slim to none. We simply can't afford them - especially JB, who'd demand a contract equal to that of Judd's.

We will either get Kerr or Brown, to be honest id rather Brown because him and Fev will be the forward unit not to be messed with!!
easy tiger;)
Maybe we could get a top five pick for Benji or Saddo then??
Easily, and we shouldn't trade Russel or Ackland as they are elite players in the AFL *<exits Freo fairy land>*

I agree we will chase a CHF or a CHB so wait can play forward.

If a star small player like Kerr is interested i doubt we will pass up the opportunity to get him, I think we will be also looking to draft a Tall, quick player who marks well overhead as a possible CHF/CHB.

I think average recycled players might be considered but will go with a late pick.

Because drafting good talls will be hard for us as we wont have an early pick and they take a while to develop we will go all out for a ready made player.

Any one saying Jon Brown will stay at the Lions shouldn't be so sure, everything he has said is deja vu Chris Judd, he seems to be a Victorian at heart and knowing it might be his last chance to move and chase big money to finish on he might be tempted, also seems pretty friendly with Fevola... If we have Salery Cap room id nearly expect a big name player at the club.

From the outside we have plenty to offer at Carlton, a young team that is on the up and going to play finals and challenge for the flag, Money (apperently) and a Melbourne lifestyle (if that's what the player likes) and pretty good facilities.

If a player wants to go and come to Melbourne, and we do have the money, why wouldn't we be able to get them...

we gotta get a 2nd tall up forward. if we want waite forward then we need a key defender but if he is to play at chb then we dont really need a defender coz we have lots for the future:
Jamison (20)
thornton (24)
bower (20)
setanta (25?)
waite (25)?
austin who is an up and comer
bannister (25?)
i think we have ebnough key defenders with walker and scotland running off half back :):)

Doubt we'll get either to be truthful.
However, with RP, Swann and Icke all in the one place, i'd be confident we'd be able to land someone.

Jonothan Brown would command a salary around the $1mill mark unfortunately.

According to Swann the money is there...

I think we need to look to the draft. In todays herald sun there was a list of the Vic Metro's 195ish plus players... there seems to be about 5 or 6 in there... surely one will still be around for our first pick (say 4-8) and will show enough potential to develop!

After watching last nights game a swingman at CHF/CHB like Drew Petrie would fit well in my opinion, he went forward and was major influence with 3 second half goals, got the aerobic capacity for todays style of CHF. Not sure if there is many around the league like this though.

Agreed. I be very happy to see us successfully trade for someone like Petrie. Big CHB who can play CHF or relief ruck.

going for another big name ready made player will be difficult and if we do get one we will take over collingwood as public enemy no.1 when it comes to other clubs dealing with us, and we may even take over being the most hated team (not that thats always a bad thing).

i think ive said it before in another thread but i reckon we should target a young developing kp prospect from another club that already has a surpluss of them. and one that springs to mind is beau dowler from hawthorn. had huge raps just before he was drafted and was pick no.6 i think. in three years at the hawks has been hampered by the car crash he was in, and in turn has struggled to get a game before the likes of franklin roughead boyle and thorpe, and may do so in the future. hawthorn could struggle to fit him in the cap aswell should he develop nicely. there may be others like him im not aware, but i think targeting a player like this (who incedently is good friends with marc murphy i believe) could pay of very well as he could become an impressive key forward, and we probably wouldnt have to give up all that much to get him

I think we need to look to the draft. In todays herald sun there was a list of the Vic Metro's 195ish plus players... there seems to be about 5 or 6 in there... surely one will still be around for our first pick (say 4-8) and will show enough potential to develop!

Guys like Hurley, Trengove and McKernan will take some time to develop - we need a key forward now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Watts...i'd love to get him!

And he doesn't choke, unlike others(see below) he kick the winning goal on the weekend for VM without even trying. Would love him down at Blue Town

going for another big name ready made player will be difficult and if we do get one we will take over collingwood as public enemy no.1 when it comes to other clubs dealing with us, and we may even take over being the most hated team (not that thats always a bad thing).

i think ive said it before in another thread but i reckon we should target a young developing kp prospect from another club that already has a surpluss of them. and one that springs to mind is beau dowler from hawthorn. had huge raps just before he was drafted and was pick no.6 i think. in three years at the hawks has been hampered by the car crash he was in, and in turn has struggled to get a game before the likes of franklin roughead boyle and thorpe, and may do so in the future. hawthorn could struggle to fit him in the cap aswell should he develop nicely. there may be others like him im not aware, but i think targeting a player like this (who incedently is good friends with marc murphy i believe) could pay of very well as he could become an impressive key forward, and we probably wouldnt have to give up all that much to get him

not bad thinking... i dont think we would become public enemy number 1 because like the judd deal we fairly compensate teams for the big names... the deal with Stevens was caused by collingwood being collingwood...

The thinking re: dowler is not as far fetched as one would think. I really like it... in fact if he was to pass a carlton medical just to confirm things re: the car crash have been fixed then I am down for it to happen!

Remove this Banner Ad

We can snag another big name player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back