AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mac Warriors
I'm not giving up on this season, we play:

crows at etihad
Suns up there
Melb at the dome

We should win these 3 games which will give us some momentum leading into a big twilight game v Carlton at etihad.

This would put us on track for a finals spot.

Anyone give us a chance?

That is what I have been wondering. We will start favourites in our next three games and in all likelihood win those.

We will then be at 6-8, and we will come onto this forum talking finals. Pushing for finals may be counter-productive in the long term, but I expect our MC and 22 boys on the paddock to play to win in every game. What will happen, will happen.

Playing the kids is the main priority now.

Don't want to see us rush Lake, Hall or Cooney back, just to win games and sneak into the eight.

Better to get games into Tutt, Cordy, Roughead, Dahlhaus, Howard, Wallis, Liberatore etc.

Don't want to see us rush Lake, Hall or Cooney back, just to win games and sneak into the eight.

Better to get games into Tutt, Cordy, Roughead, Dahlhaus, Howard, Wallis, Liberatore etc.

Agree with the exception of the Carlton game. Really wouldn't mind if we won that one :D

It would be great if we can manage to win while blooding these guys, would be great for their development and confidence.

A finals birth while playing our kids isn't off the cards either. We've got a pretty talented list and most have shown something. If they are able to string in some consistent games, win and gain some momentum, who knows? :)

Agree with the exception of the Carlton game. Really wouldn't mind if we won that one :D

Win the next 3 and then beat Carlton ..

Then North and we could be 8 and 8

If we had Lake, Cooney and Hall back playing well...anything would then be possible.

It aint over till its over.

BUT

lose any of the next three and the fat lady will be seriously warming up the vocal chords.

I think coming 8th is unlikely.

But we can definitely still get close if we hit our straps. Obviously the first thing we need to do is play the kids. But if we can do that and win, then that would be awesome for their development.

It would be extremely irritating if we fell apart in the one year you don't get any draft benefit for bottoming out. Especially given that next year will probably be a tough year anyway.

crows at etihad
Suns up there
Melb at the dome

We should win these 3 games which will give us some momentum leading into a big twilight game v Carlton at etihad.

Anyone give us a chance?

A chance at what?

The chance to scrape into the finals with an aging list and get bundled out? - No thanks.

Play the kids. Get injured players back on track. Come up with a new game plan. This should be our focus for the remainder of the year so we can hit the ground running in 2012.

New gameplan lol... its called work hard and execute skills. They don't work hard and the coach thinks the effort is good each week. There's your problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could still conceivably make finals, but without our big guns there isn't much point. I really hope we knock off one of carlton or hawthorn and win an interstate game on the run home, even if we don't make finals. we need a couple of 'belief' wins for everyone to get pumped up about for next season.

Anyone give us a chance?

No.

I really hope we knock off one of carlton or hawthorn and win an interstate game on the run home, even if we don't make finals. we need a couple of 'belief' wins for everyone to get pumped up about for next season.

Dunno if we're up to it, but I like your thinking.

We are far from a given in any of these matches on current form.

Adelaide, when on, could well and truly towel us up.
Gold Coast and Melbourne could well do the same.

Even IF the turnaround happens we'll still need to rely on others falling apart and/or not kicking on to get close to a miracle birth in September.

We still control our own destiny.

12 wins always make finals and it can be as low as 10.

Win 9 from 11 and we will play finals. Obviously a big improvement needed but a win tonight at least makes it possible and within our control.

crows at etihad
Suns up there
Melb at the dome

Anyone give us a chance?

yes mate I have been saying it for over a month now, r. 13 is our time! we can seriously go hard and go for 11 wins from 11 games. :thumbsu:

crows at etihad
Suns up there
Melb at the dome

Anyone give us a chance?

4/4 and faith rewarded by the boys, we've turned around a disaster year and now have momentum and a chance. go doggies!

Remove this Banner Ad

We can turn it around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back