We can win 3 of the next 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we perform anything like we did yesterday we have a good chance of being 3/3 after round 6.

Adelaide - MCG
Richmond - MCG
Brisbane - MCG
North Melbourne - ES

I think we are a 50/50 chance against the Crows in Melbourne & would be odds on favourite to beat the Tigers & North.

Brisbane will be a tough game but it is at the MCG so that gives us the home ground advantage but I think we might drop this game.

That would be a successful start to the season breaking even at round six & almost matching 2009’s total wins.

We will also soon have Sylvia back soon so that will free up on of the younger mids as Sylvia will get the number one tagger.

With players like Jurrah & Morton to come back from injury later in the year & Watts, Wona, Maric & Martin to push for selection I think we can have some late season success also.

thats just my thoughts but I would like to get an idea about what others see for us over the next month.

I wouldn't get to ahead of ourselves, remember its the first time we played a genuinely OK game for quite a long time. Lets see if these teen players can bounce back on such a hard fought game. We have many players who havent even played a season or even half a season worth of games, reality shows they are gonna struggle to find consistency.

Not at all beyond the realms of possibility and I hope that internally this is also the aim.

If we come out at the MCG with the same passion we could well roll adelaide. i think we match up well against them and the struggled with us in the praccy match on thier home turf.

forward pressure will be a big key

Not sure about Sylvia getting #1 tagger on his return. I think he will more likely play a half forward role pushing up into the midfield.

Your right he may play forward but will push into the midfield. His two best games for the club were both played from the midfield so I think they will be wasting him if they play him solely as a half forward.

Hoping the sting of yesterday just makes the boys go even harder again next week, not looking any further ahead then that at the moment

I don't mind Sylvia getting the #1 tagger as a half forward. He can cope with it while leaving Petterd to get a lesser defender.

What will potentially screw young Ricky over is if Bock goes to him.

I don't mind Sylvia getting the #1 tagger as a half forward. He can cope with it while leaving Petterd to get a lesser defender.

What will potentially screw young Ricky over is if Bock goes to him.

Sylvia, Green and Petterd are looming as three half forwards that are dangerous and difficult to match up. Hoepfully partially makes up for the lack of KPF options.

I think we could win all 4 games but we could easily lose all 4 games. The next month will definately show where we are at as a club.

Exactly. We could still be 0-6 after the first half a dozen rounds. And it's not beyond the realms of possiblilty of being 4-2, albeit a long shot. I would like to think we could be 2-4 after 6 rounds. We need to bring the intensity we brought to the Collingwood match every game, and results will go our way. A 3-3 start or better will be a great result for Bailey, but after dropping the first 2 games, he is under the pump. Let's not get carried away with the Collingwood game until we see the same output week in week out. I for one am happy with yesterdays endeavour and workrate, however I need to see it again next week to be proven we are better than a bottom 2 side...

Adelaide just lost by 43, they have had a very poor start to the season with an average losing margin of almost 50 points. This might be the best time to get them at home because I think they are a better team then what they are showing.

Next week is our best chance to beat them, down on form & confidence.

I think we could win all 4 games but we could easily lose all 4 games. The next month will definately show where we are at as a club.

Good post, and we could still play finals or grab another wooden spoon.

Yesterday showed we can mix it with anyone when we "turn up" to play, its just a question of whether we will consistently, this is Baileys job as coach, and where we finish this year will answer some questions about whether he can coach or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am only taking it one game at a time, it was a great game yesterday but the boys need to deliver that week in week out.

If there is one game I would love to win more than the others, it would be the lions at the G. There hasn't been too many games where big Johnno Brown has "dominated" us and I think fev is still a long way off his best. Would love to see Joel Mac kill it off half back just to stick it up Vossy!

It was clear to all that the players played yesterday had a point to prove. They can't just think now that they've done what they needed to do. They have to back it up next week.

It was only 1 game, but it was a game that showed both the supporters and the players that the current list can compete with the best sides in the AFL.

This thread is indicative of that. Seriously, if this thread had been made following the Hawthorn match Crimson Azure would've been locked up, but now his contention seems totally reasonable.

The players, as well as everyone else associated with the club, now has added confidence as a result of yesterday's performance, and that can be a very powerful thing.

Having said that, it was only one match, and it will all be for nothing if we can't build upon it.

In any case, I'm excited.

That’s exactly right cannons they have shown a level of capabilities & as a result we now have expectations that they at least endeavour to meet that level of intensity week in & out.

Now I know they are a very young side still & that consistency of young players is not always guaranteed but what is & should be expected by then is a guarantee of effort & a will to make every action a contest & to try their best to win that contest.

As was mentioned in another thread a “line in sand” needed to & was drawn. It needed to be done & that’s exactly what they did & in doing so winning back many disgruntled MFC fans after round one & also the respect of all others.

I don’t think this thread is me or any other supporter getting ahead of ourselves, rather it is (from my point of view anyway) an assessment of what I feel the exertion we showed could result in.

We might end up being:

0-6
3-3
4-2
1-5

After 6 games but whatever the outcome if we keep up the desire shown against Collingwood we will be at least:
- Respected
- Buoyant about our future
- Instilling a winning at all cost mentality

That in itself bodes well for our future.

How can we be 5-1 when we're already 0-2?

:p

It always makes me feel good when I write an entire rant & the only thing anyone wants to discuss is my stuff up.

:eek:

Thanks Dez.

Remove this Banner Ad

We can win 3 of the next 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back