Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2005
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
First time in our history we have got an experienced coach and successful at that. I hope he cleans out the footy department and gets in some quality.

Also losing the last 7 games didn't help harvey. He'll re-surface at essendon or with his mate at GWS.

I wonder if Pav, sandi, elvis were consulted??

First time in our history we have got an experienced coach and successful at that. I hope he cleans out the footy department and gets in some quality.

Also losing the last 7 games didn't help harvey. He'll re-surface at essendon or with his mate at GWS.

You would hope they at least would have been sounded out about their feelings to make sure they are not completely off side.

Big plus with Lyon is we have our first coach who has made it to the big stage. Down side might be if by sacking Harvey we get the Essendon old boys club (i.e. the Lloyds) off side with this because the recruiting has been our big strength.

Must be an exciting time for freo
I just hope for your sake he doesn't change the gameplan to mimic that st kilda defensive shite since you have an exciting young list coming through

Must be an exciting time for freo
I just hope for your sake he doesn't change the gameplan to mimic that st kilda defensive shite since you have an exciting young list coming through

One would think that the Saints game plan had more to do with the limitations of the list. Or I hope so anyway...

You know, we need to embrace this.

Seriously, this is our shot. A guy who has taken a team with a star core and a bottom half of crabs to two grand finals.

We have more talent than what is in that team. We need someone to harness it and take us all the way.

+2 :thumbsu:

I'm actually very excited

He can make our gamestyle more defensive, I'm fine with that. It sure beats going down the line with every kick / switching to nothing. As long as its not to the St Kilda extreme and we see some excitement still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon is a failure, fact is he played in 3 Grand Finals loses and choked. He was part of Carlton worse period in over 100 years. I would be guttered if i was you guys, Mark Harvey had a bad run with players injured.

What you mean experienced as in he's been a senior coach since 2007...? Like Mark Harvey has been a senior coach since 2007? Sounds like Harvey is just as experienced as him...

Can't stand Lyon - hate the way he talks, hate the way he walks, hate the way he always looks all smug, hate the way he coached the Saints to be as boring as freakin' batshit...

Not convinced he's that much of an upgrade...

Something else I hate - the disrepectful, secret flipping squirrel way our club went about getting this all lined up. I think to afford Harvey no dignity or respect reeks of arrogance of the highest order... right now I don't much like the Freo Footy Club and part of me would like see Lyon fail spectacularly, while Harvey goes on to bring a premiership to some other club...

Of course the other part...

Ross Lyon is a failure, fact is he played in 3 Grand Finals loses and choked. He was part of Carlton worse period in over 100 years. I would be guttered if i was you guys, Mark Harvey had a bad run with players injured.

Rubbish, he was a toe tap and a bad bounce away from being a two time Premiership coach. Ballsy move by Dockers.

Seems to be an awful lot of comments - especially on perth now - on how bad it is for culture & how we haven't learnt from the past.

Plenty would remember better than me so jump in - but when we got Drum & even Connolly? Didn't we have our eyes on someone pretty decent and experienced both times, only to be beaten to it by different clubs? Kudos to them for having the balls to cease the day this time.

Yeah but you're an imbecile so it's irrelevant, if I understand your usage of the word "guttered" correctly.

Seems to be an awful lot of comments - especially on perth now - on how bad it is for culture & how we haven't learnt from the past.

Plenty would remember better than me so jump in - but when we got Drum & even Connolly? Didn't we have our eyes on someone pretty decent and experienced both times, only to be beaten to it by different clubs? Kudos to them for having the balls to cease the day this time.

Probably the same people who were outraged with us sending a reserves team to Launceston last year, lest it "ruined our form" when we didn't have any form anyway.

Something else I hate - the disrepectful, secret flipping squirrel way our club went about getting this all lined up. I think to afford Harvey no dignity or respect reeks of arrogance of the highest order...

And how else do you think we could have done this? I see where you are coming from, but on the other hand I am mightily impressed how they managed to pull this off without anybody having any clue what was going on.

What you mean experienced as in he's been a senior coach since 2007...? Like Mark Harvey has been a senior coach since 2007? Sounds like Harvey is just as experienced as him...

Can't stand Lyon - hate the way he talks, hate the way he walks, hate the way he always looks all smug, hate the way he coached the Saints to be as boring as freakin' batshit...

Not convinced he's that much of an upgrade...

Something else I hate - the disrepectful, secret flipping squirrel way our club went about getting this all lined up. I think to afford Harvey no dignity or respect reeks of arrogance of the highest order... right now I don't much like the Freo Footy Club and part of me would like see Lyon fail spectacularly, while Harvey goes on to bring a premiership to some other club...

Of course the other part...

You need to see through the hate IP; view it objectively. The Saints have been consistently competetive under him and he has invaluable finals experience, neither of these have been traits of any of our previous coaches.

He is a bloody good coach despite being a smug bastard.

My roof is fine thanks.

You know, we need to embrace this.

Seriously, this is our shot. A guy who has taken a team with a star core and a bottom half of crabs to two grand finals.

We have more talent than what is in that team. We need someone to harness it and take us all the way.

As tough as it is for HArvs I 100% agree with the above.

Ah yes, the rah rah crowd say yes, and ignore the way this was achieved. Outright disgraceful. We are run by snakes in the grass, who think corporate cultures can be grafted on to a footy club.

Everyone in the game knows Rosich is an egotistical knob of the highest order, and wrt Harris, in the ad game it is all about the biggest swinging dick.

Said it before, but the Steve years will be our wilderness years.

that was your first mistake. reading perth now comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back