We got corrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Those stats show what a bargain he is, with Leon moving up to the midfield, Dick and Corrie can stay 1/2 forward and forward pocket and then change with Leon when he needs a rest.

Those stats are league worthy, and he is a bargain for basically free.

Dick and Corrie could end up being what North have with Cambell and Thomas.

I'm pretty happy with this trade, as mentioned before, we got him for free, why not take a punt? I'm sure the people at our club will get the best out of him, ala Medders...there wont be easy spots, so he will have to work, which will benefit him, and the team.

Video Highlights of Corrie:

[YOUTUBE]To8CohrZQVg[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks Dave, love some of that footage.

The last pass to Brown shows what we got him for, he has what 3/4 of our list doesnt possess, the ability to hit a forward on the chest at pace.

He has great pace and skill, seems perfect for us, and is a steal for virtually nothing.

Hate to burst everyones bubble but I doubt Corrie will be anything at the Pies, yes a lot of people thought that about Medhurst but Medhurst was part of a trade wheras Corrie has effectively been delisted by Brisbane only they saved him the trouble of going through the draft.
Dont get me wrong, his good games will be upto AFL standard but he is, as someone else said the Leon Davis of three years ago, does a few freakish things but goes missing for weeks in which he will get 3 or 4 disposals.
He may turn into something at Collingwood but I doubt he will spend more time in the 1's than in the VFL yet as he was practically free its not too bad as long as he isnt taking a young kids place who is prepared to work hard for everything, which Corrie sometimes does not do.

Hate to burst everyones bubble but I doubt Corrie will be anything at the Pies, yes a lot of people thought that about Medhurst but Medhurst was part of a trade wheras Corrie has effectively been delisted by Brisbane only they saved him the trouble of going through the draft.
Dont get me wrong, his good games will be upto AFL standard but he is, as someone else said the Leon Davis of three years ago, does a few freakish things but goes missing for weeks in which he will get 3 or 4 disposals.
He may turn into something at Collingwood but I doubt he will spend more time in the 1's than in the VFL yet as he was practically free its not too bad as long as he isnt taking a young kids place who is prepared to work hard for everything, which Corrie sometimes does not do.

Well that was Like with Medders at Freo Did Some Good Thing and Could Go Missing and Do Something Special and He changed that at Pies. I don't expect as much improvement in Corrie but I can see him being a Descent Player.

I would not be suprised if he did start in the VFL but I excpect him to Play 10+ Games next year in the AFL. Remember medder played 2nds in his 1st Year and Leon will be a Great Example for Corrie to Follow

Hate to burst your bubble mate... to me talk of him being delisted if he was not picked up or offloaded does not go down with me.

Go to the Lions homepage and check the stats for the year.

Many more players with far less returns have been kept

8th in total kicks - 175

Total disposals - 263

He also had 19 goal assists

I reckon there is more to this trade than is being told.

Hate to burst your bubble mate... to me talk of him being delisted if he was not picked up or offloaded does not go down with me.

8th in total kicks - 175

Total disposals - 263

Must not get along with Voss

I'm quite excited about the recruitment of Corrie.

I have paid a bit of attention at times.

I think we can turn him into a pretty effective player moving the ball inside 50.

I think he is talented enough to play a role where we try to get him the footy in his hands and use him to his best.

We could definitely make him one of our more attacking players as he is willing to move the footy.

He is generally quicker than Rhyce Shaw and his disposal is better quality so I think we've improved our draft selection, got rid of some dead wood, and brought in a player who can have the same impact as the player we traded out.

Must not get along with Voss

I really hope thats the reason.

I have a funny feeling though it may have a connection with Cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8th in total kicks - 175

Total disposals - 263

His first half of the year was OK, but he did get dropped late in the season.

His first half of the year was OK, but he did get dropped late in the season.
20 out of 22 is steal pretty good and MM does get the best out of the Players on the List

Well that was Like with Medders at Freo Did Some Good Thing and Could Go Missing and Do Something Special and He changed that at Pies. I don't expect as much improvement in Corrie but I can see him being a Descent Player.

I would not be suprised if he did start in the VFL but I excpect him to Play 10+ Games next year in the AFL. Remember medder played 2nds in his 1st Year and Leon will be a Great Example for Corrie to Follow
Would rate Corrie below the Medhurst of 2005? (his last year at Freo). But as with all trades it wont be until 2-3 years down the track that we know who won out of the deal. Pies may be able to work wonder with Corrie but as it stands now I cant see it happening.

Surely we have enough small forwards. It'd be good if the recruiting staff looked at what we need (a ruckman and a key defender).

Having Brad Scott on the coaching staff makes me quitely confident about picking up Corrie.

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsid=68905

“He is a dynamic-player who is quite explosive. A player you like with the ball in his hands because when he gets it, he uses it well.

“He runs with the footy and he is a player who can break the game open with his speed and use of the ball.”

Scott played three seasons with Corrie and believes he will be a good fit into the Collingwood line-up.

“He has got that strength where he can play forward, back or midfield. We see him predominately as a wingman/half-forward even a forward pocket type player.

“He is a player we want to get the ball in his hands and get him to use it well.”

Would rate Corrie below the Medhurst of 2005? (his last year at Freo). But as with all trades it wont be until 2-3 years down the track that we know who won out of the deal. Pies may be able to work wonder with Corrie but as it stands now I cant see it happening.

I think Corrie was already doing well... to say we might be able to work wonders with him I think is based on the fact he got picked up for a steal at 93 rather than what his stats show. ALso your comparing him to the Tarrant trade

Example

he had more one percenters than both J Brown and S Black

Finished easily in the top 15 in stats for Brisbane.

I predict he will play more than half of next year with Collingwood AFL , injuries permitting

Could turn out to be the 'steak knives' of 2009.

Good luck to him.

However, if he doesn't turn out like Medhurst did, it is no loss. We basically got him for FREE!

Really a "nothing" trade much like when we gave Ben Davies to the Roos. Brisbane obviously said he probably won't get a game next year but they'll help him find a club that'll give him a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane don't even use the draft pick. Who knows, Corrie could be good at a new club but will most likely help out the vfl side.

Really a "nothing" trade much like when we gave Ben Davies to the Roos. Brisbane obviously said he probably won't get a game next year but they'll help him find a club that'll give him a second chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane don't even use the draft pick. Who knows, Corrie could be good at a new club but will most likely help out the vfl side.
100% agree. Both teams have nothing to lose.
Brisbane were going to delist him anyway, Collingwood were willing to take a chance. If it turns to shit then the Pies lost only a place on their list but if turns out OK then its a win.

100% agree. Both teams have nothing to lose.
Brisbane were going to delist him anyway, Collingwood were willing to take a chance. If it turns to shit then the Pies lost only a place on their list but if turns out OK then its a win.

I think you have stated twice he was to be delisted.

Can you refer me to the source for this?

Why delist someone who is in the top half in stats if its not for off field issues.

Was he mentioned as a trade or placed on the table by Brisbane?

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsid=68905

Assistant coach Brad Scott is a former teammate of Anthony Corrie and is looking forward to his arrival at Collingwood.

“We brought in a new player, Anthony Corrie, who we think can be a really good player for us and is quite damaging with the ball,” Scott told Collingwoodfc.com.au earlier today.

“We are looking forward to him being a good contributor.”

“He is a dynamic-player who is quite explosive. A player you like with the ball in his hands because when he gets it, he uses it well.

“He runs with the footy and he is a player who can break the game open with his speed and use of the ball.”

Scott played three seasons with Corrie and believes he will be a good fit into the Collingwood line-up.

“He has got that strength where he can play forward, back or midfield. We see him predominately as a wingman/half-forward even a forward pocket type player.

“He is a player we want to get the ball in his hands and get him to use it well.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back