All Australian
Feb 24, 2003
brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Absolute digrace all day we were second to the
ball + when we got it we turned it over!
If they had kicked straight we would
have really been embarrased!
8 points make it look close we were terrible!!
As for S.Harvey i rest my case!
i feel another S.Clayton coming on!

Thoughts??

over + out
Digby

Well summing up.....you're description comes as close to the truth as it gets Digby. Carlton played like they wanted it more and North may still have that 'fresh memory of Rnd22 2003 in thier heads' as they once again paid no / little respect. Teague was like a ROCK in thier defence. I'll hold my fire and expect the boys to bounce back HARD next week.

Originally posted by Woodson
I'll hold my fire and expect the boys to bounce back HARD next week.

Yeah but the horse has bolted. Today was our chance to put ourselves a game inside the 8 and we blew it.

I'm sick of us having to "bounce back". Can't we win a bloody game when we're expected to!?!

Originally posted by Yianni
I'm sick of us having to "bounce back". Can't we win a bloody game when we're expected to!?!

Exactly, that is a game we HAD to win. pure and simply we didn't show up to play today and got smashed every where on the field. Shouldn't need an us against them game every week to get us up.

The fact that, at times, we seem to struggle with the 'MUST WIN' games and the games we are expected to win (when North are the team higher on the ladder) is probably the reason why we don't get the respect from the media that the players think we should get. It seems like hardly any of the 'experts' :rolleyes: pick us to win each week. Maybe that's because they know we are prone to not seizing opportunities that present themselves throughout the season (such as jumping over Essendon on the ladder if we had won today :( )

The worst part of the whole debacle is the fact I am now sitting here barracking for the crows

Ordinary life eh.

Originally posted by GoNorth
Me too, Arch#11! I hope Adelaide get up.

Can just about write it down now, freo home, may be year over for us again.

Pathetic!!!!

That was a shocker and the lack of discipine some of our senior players showed was an uncharacteristic disgrace. The kicking was woeful and the clangers would have just about reached treble figures.

Have just been watching Bris-vegas and the pies - the contrast between our mob and Brisbane in the endeavour department is stark.

I fear we will not make the eight again - are we really getting anywhere?

On form our drafting last year must be the worst of any team in the comp - Shane "no defensive side" Harvey ( and I cant kick any goals either!!!!) and poor old Corza.

They played like zombies today and were beaten by a pretty average unit - I do not buy Subi Hangover as an excuse.

RANT ENDS HEAR

PS: One heartening thing was Wellsy trying to single handedly lift us again.

Originally posted by Yianni
Yeah but the horse has bolted. Today was our chance to put ourselves a game inside the 8 and we blew it.

Get use to it as it's all part of the process of being a 'team in transition' ...**shrugs :eek: I think someone has to remind everyone we played like thoroughbreds last week and looked like jack@sses this week ** :eek:

as for next week......we'll be kicking like a mule....watchout Hawthorn

I didn't think Teague was that good. He didn't intercept any kicks or take any huge pack marks. We just couln't dispose of the ball and we kicked it strait to him in defense. In the 2nd half all our kicks entering the 50 were crap and went strait to carlton defenders espesially Teague.
It wasn't that he was good, it was that we we crap.

Davig Teague was definetly one of Carlton's best IMO.
He did the Colby job... dropping back into the hole between CHF and FF. Great Game... Offer him a contract now! :p

Originally posted by george1
I didn't think Teague was that good. He didn't intercept any kicks or take any huge pack marks. We just couln't dispose of the ball and we kicked it strait to him in defense. In the 2nd half all our kicks entering the 50 were crap and went strait to carlton defenders espesially Teague.
It wasn't that he was good, it was that we we crap.

I can see what you're trying to say george1 but to say Teague wasn't good may shock you when the Brownlow votes get counted..:p he saved Carlton time and time again and to read the play in those conditions deserves some credit. Teague B.O.G. in a canter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King is the mystery for me...just a s alittle poser here. Against Freo, Kingy played well. BOG. He also had his socks up!!!! He never has his socks up!!!!! Why?? Hiding something??

This week, the socks were down again but I thought he looked sore??? No run, a lot of time on the bench. Something was up.

Look, we are all disappointed because we all know that at this stage of the season the real final contenders start to pull away. This is the stage when it is easier to tip necause the top teams DO NOT DROP GAMES LIKE THIS.....we have and that means we aren't there yet.

S Harvey wasn't that bad...god, it was his first game. I wouldn't swap him for Harding, how many chances does that guy need to have??

I would have thought that Jeremy Clayton had deserved a run before Harvey but maybe there is something I don't know.

Teague BOG. We didnt learn and just kept bombing it in their and Teague was reading it by far the best and marking everything. Teague also has good disposal. Always been a fan, still dont know why he left. He gave Motlop an absolute hiding.

Sharvs im not sure what to make of. Id give him a few more games. Will learn from the run. Forward Pocket only. More creative than Harding, and i bet Harding would have had a shot, instead of pass to Rawlings (who missed anyway) in the last. Didnt get much of the ball so hard to judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

we got what we deserved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back