Certified Legendary Thread WE ****ING DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Adelaide power stance gets me every time.

Our boys are already pumping each other up and walking away by the time Walker finally decides to take his steps towards our players.

It just looks awkward and most of the crows players look embarrassed.

The Adelaide power stance gets me every time.

Our boys are already pumping each other up and walking away by the time Walker finally decides to take his steps towards our players.

It just looks awkward and most of the crows players look embarrassed.

they were shitting themselves

needed comfort and they had to stand apart from each other

bellis and broad laughing in their faces

mind game fail

they were shitting themselves

needed comfort and they had to stand apart from each other

bellis and broad laughing in their faces

mind game fail

Ellis and Broad were the epitome of unphased, couple lads there to play footy, nodding and smiling at the crows' players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Rance opens up on the Tigers’ premiership glory

THE question came amid the euphoria in our rooms straight after the Grand Final. “Does the Western Bulldogs premiership hangover scare you?” As champagne bottles popped around me and the beers and tears flowed, it wasn’t something I’d had time to ponder.

00b2549064864d1c46e295eb02674720

But after our first week as Richmond premiership players, I’ve found myself giving 2018 quite a bit of thought.

It came up on Thursday in a phone conversation I had with Trent Cotchin and we both came to the same conclusion — what we have has no expiry date.

I just have so much confidence and belief in our culture.

This wasn’t luck and it wasn’t us catching the competition on the hop. We’re building something that’s pretty cool and something we believe can be replicated quite well. Every new kid who comes in each year is going to be made to understand what it takes to be a Richmond man.

Whatever has taken place at the Dogs this year shouldn’t scare us. There shouldn’t be any expectation or weight on us because history is done. Once you’ve won a flag, how much better can it get?

d886904e0aaac26194f64c30dcf3ceb5

The emotion of Grand Final day hit me like a tonne of bricks.

I had a bit of a moment on the ground in the goalsquare in those chaotic few moments after the final siren. I looked up and saw all my family and friends in the box and it was the first time I’d actually seen their faces while I was still standing on the ground.

That probably made me cry more than anything else, just to see their enjoyment, satisfaction and pride seeing me achieve something special.

Despite my father-son connections, as a kid I never saw myself winning a flag or even being any good at football, so I never had “that dream”.

What made me so emotional after the game was the looks on everyone elses faces. It was like that had almost ticked a massive box for themselves and to see that excitement pulled at the heartstrings.

5fec2a39c5885d62b1134826c9473465

There’s a trend here isn’t there? I’d definitely be on the podium at Richmond for biggest cryer. I think Dave Astbury and I bring the worst out of each other.

I’m not a huge fan of posing for photos, believe it or not, but the one I really wanted to get was Dave, Dylan Grimes and myself holding the cup because we’ve built something really special over the past two years.

It sort of became our backline as the three leaders and there was a pretty unreal moment we shared holding the cup. I think our personalities and values mesh really well together. Dave and Dylan are from bigger families and bush communities where you tend to value each others’ time and put a massive emphasis on care and looking out for your mate.

That is something I love about those guys; that off-field they take care of their families and love their families as much as I love mine. From the moment they came in the door of the club we naturally clicked.

4ab5710707a4697a56f797c3262e85c5
e442e214357b6bf066e12cac6fccaa7c

There was about two minutes to go in the Grand Final and the three of us are like, ‘Stick to the process, we haven’t won it yet’, while Bachar Houli and Brandon Ellis — the flamboyant halfbacks — were wanting to celebrate.

I never really prepared myself to do that. We’d had a few games taken away from us earlier in the year — Fremantle and GWS — that frustrated and annoyed me and I didn’t want it to happen again.

But given we were about 40 points up with 120 seconds left perhaps we should have followed their lead.

Yet everyone is different, which was the power of our team this year — embracing everyone’s individuality. As we walked around the MCG’s underground service lane towards the stage long after the game, oblivious Jack Riewoldt was being a rock star above us, I caught up with Bachar.

Bachar’s faith is well-documented, as is mine I guess. I just said to him: ‘Enjoy this any way that you want to enjoy it. Don’t feel like you have to do everything the boys are doing’.

I think some guys feel they’ve got to spray beer on each other or do a ‘shoey’ or whatever, but some people celebrate in different ways and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I try not to go to over the top. I’m not afraid of a beer, obviously, and I had a few hazy days. It’s not really a moral or faith compromising situation. It’s just everything in moderation.

Moderation applies to the appearance offers over the last week too. I’ve been really trying to strike a balance between the commercial side of things and having time with the boys because there’s been a lot of opportunities.

But Mad Tuesday was fun. I went as a friend of mine, our trainer Matt Pearce. In that Geelong qualifying final I split my head and there was all that kerfuffle about me telling him to go and get stuffed. So I was happy to take the piss out myself a bit.

For the next couple of months we get to live a normal life.

e174a118c27d9e1419b2e540e4ad6cb3

I’ll start by sinking my teeth into The Academy, our education and training program aimed at developing student-athletes.

We’ve got two boys classes next year, but we’ve also got two girls signed up and are working on getting a girls class up and going.

My wife Georgia and I will next month head to Tasmania for Jack Riewoldt and Carly Ziegler’s wedding before embarking on a bit of a bucketlist trip to Africa.

And then it’s back to work, but that won’t be a problem.

How can you suffer Mondayitis after winning a premiership with your mates?

I can’t wait.

97e0650d8889bb7062beed5530a1d9fe

Last edited:

Alex Rance opens up on the Tigers’ premiership glory

THE question came amid the euphoria in our rooms straight after the Grand Final. “Does the Western Bulldogs premiership hangover scare you?” As champagne bottles popped around me and the beers and tears flowed, it wasn’t something I’d had time to ponder.

00b2549064864d1c46e295eb02674720

But after our first week as Richmond premiership players, I’ve found myself giving 2018 quite a bit of thought.

It came up on Thursday in a phone conversation I had with Trent Cotchin and we both came to the same conclusion — what we have has no expiry date.

I just have so much confidence and belief in our culture.

This wasn’t luck and it wasn’t us catching the competition on the hop. We’re building something that’s pretty cool and something we believe can be replicated quite well. Every new kid who comes in each year is going to be made to understand what it takes to be a Richmond man.

Whatever has taken place at the Dogs this year shouldn’t scare us. There shouldn’t be any expectation or weight on us because history is done. Once you’ve won a flag, how much better can it get?

d886904e0aaac26194f64c30dcf3ceb5

The emotion of Grand Final day hit me like a tonne of bricks.

I had a bit of a moment on the ground in the goalsquare in those chaotic few moments after the final siren. I looked up and saw all my family and friends in the box and it was the first time I’d actually seen their faces while I was still standing on the ground.

That probably made me cry more than anything else, just to see their enjoyment, satisfaction and pride seeing me achieve something special.

Despite my father-son connections, as a kid I never saw myself winning a flag or even being any good at football, so I never had “that dream”.

What made me so emotional after the game was the looks on everyone elses faces. It was like that had almost ticked a massive box for themselves and to see that excitement pulled at the heartstrings.

5fec2a39c5885d62b1134826c9473465

There’s a trend here isn’t there? I’d definitely be on the podium at Richmond for biggest cryer. I think Dave Astbury and I bring the worst out of each other.

I’m not a huge fan of posing for photos, believe it or not, but the one I really wanted to get was Dave, Dylan Grimes and myself holding the cup because we’ve built something really special over the past two years.

It sort of became our backline as the three leaders and there was a pretty unreal moment we shared holding the cup. I think our personalities and values mesh really well together. Dave and Dylan are from bigger families and bush communities where you tend to value each others’ time and put a massive emphasis on care and looking out for your mate.

That is something I love about those guys; that off-field they take care of their families and love their families as much as I love mine. From the moment they came in the door of the club we naturally clicked.

4ab5710707a4697a56f797c3262e85c5
e442e214357b6bf066e12cac6fccaa7c

There was about two minutes to go in the Grand Final and the three of us are like, ‘Stick to the process, we haven’t won it yet’, while Bachar Houli and Brandon Ellis — the flamboyant halfbacks — were wanting to celebrate.

I never really prepared myself to do that. We’d had a few games taken away from us earlier in the year — Fremantle and GWS — that frustrated and annoyed me and I didn’t want it to happen again.

But given we were about 40 points up with 120 seconds left perhaps we should have followed their lead.

Yet everyone is different, which was the power of our team this year — embracing everyone’s individuality. As we walked around the MCG’s underground service lane towards the stage long after the game, oblivious Jack Riewoldt was being a rock star above us, I caught up with Bachar.

Bachar’s faith is well-documented, as is mine I guess. I just said to him: ‘Enjoy this any way that you want to enjoy it. Don’t feel like you have to do everything the boys are doing’.

I think some guys feel they’ve got to spray beer on each other or do a ‘shoey’ or whatever, but some people celebrate in different ways and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I try not to go to over the top. I’m not afraid of a beer, obviously, and I had a few hazy days. It’s not really a moral or faith compromising situation. It’s just everything in moderation.

Moderation applies to the appearance offers over the last week too. I’ve been really trying to strike a balance between the commercial side of things and having time with the boys because there’s been a lot of opportunities.

But Mad Tuesday was fun. I went as a friend of mine, our trainer Matt Pearce. In that Geelong qualifying final I split my head and there was all that kerfuffle about me telling him to go and get stuffed. So I was happy to take the piss out myself a bit.

For the next couple of months we get to live a normal life.

e174a118c27d9e1419b2e540e4ad6cb3

I’ll start by sinking my teeth into The Academy, our education and training program aimed at developing student-athletes.

We’ve got two boys classes next year, but we’ve also got two girls signed up and are working on getting a girls class up and going.

My wife Georgia and I will next month head to Tasmania for Jack Riewoldt and Carly Ziegler’s wedding before embarking on a bit of a bucketlist trip to Africa.

And then it’s back to work, but that won’t be a problem.

How can you suffer Mondayitis after winning a premiership with your mates?

I can’t wait.

97e0650d8889bb7062beed5530a1d9fe

Great read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake Caracella says Richmond must evolve to stay at the pinnacle of AFL

BLAKE Caracella, the man credited as one of the architects of Richmond’s drought-breaking premiership game plan, says the Tigers players taught him as much as he helped them out.

The highly-rated assistant coach, who won flags as a player at Essendon and the Brisbane Lions, as well as premierships as an assistant coach at Geelong and now Richmond, said the honesty of the Tigers’ playing group made him open up more as a person.

ebfb1815cf96ccf3677c46d05befccaf
a460b48d4616debd627751b744032771

He is convinced that change will help him long into the future, as he is considered an AFL coach-in-waiting.

“I loved my time at Geelong and I’ve loved my time here at Richmond,” Caracella said.

“This year has taught me a lot.

“I tried to impart what knowledge I had with the players, but they have actually taught me this year.

“I am private person and I’m quite reserved.

“But they have taught me to open up and to be yourself, and to not be scared about being that way.

“To be a part of that, and to develop that connection ... they are an unbelievable group of players.”

5f3560231989bf596fe61ef808b368b9

Caracella, who joined the club at the end of last season as part of a shake-up to assist senior coach Damien Hardwick, was recently lauded by Brandon Ellis as “a tactical genius”.

But he said Hardwick had made for a great learning environment, and that the players deserved so much of the credit for their approach.

“To be where they were last year and where they are now, it’s just unbelievable,” he said.

“They have got a really special connection this team. They play for each other. Going through what they went through last year tends to develop a real bond.

“They had to go through a lot of s*** (last year). They are an amazing group.”

He said the club learnt from the narrow losses earlier in the season which prompted some jokes.

“Some people like to laugh at other people, (but) the boys had the last laugh,” he said.

Caracella said the team needed to evolve next year to remain at the competitive edge of the AFL.

“You can always improve, but the competition improves as well, so we will need to,” he said.

“It doesn’t improve in a linear way, the game is going to adapt and what we got away with (this year), you won’t get away with next year.”

Asked about his desire to one day take on a senior gig, Caracella said he was happy with his position at Richmond, and looking forward to next year and beyond at Punt Rd.

“Who knows what happens in the future,” he said.

“I’m just happy that I have been able to develop a great bond with the players, and that’s something that will be there forever.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread WE ****ING DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Back