Webber will not race at Williams in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

You would have to think that it is a great move, especially financially, for Webber to move to a team like Red Bull. Not to say that he'll be challenging for the title next year, unlike some Button tragics - but surely this will put him within the best position of his career to get a Formula 1 victory.

iTV seemed to think that it was in the bag before sunday's race (also seems that renault will take the punt on Heikki Kovalainen if Kimmi goes to Ferrari).

What use is Flavio?????? Surely a move to RBR is the finish to his aspirations. I hope Flavio introduces him to a lot of his model friends otherwise he doesn't seem too helpful to mark.

andrewb94 said:
But Briatore hasnt signed for Renault next year either, he could be looking to get out before it goes bad.
Renault dont have a sponsor for next year either (althoough selling engines to Red Bull will get some cash) and the change to Bridgestone tyres will also most likely affect Renault for the worse. Webber going to Renault might not be as good as some think.
jimmy_clement#8 said:
Ferrari engines as well, Red Bull could actually be a good move. As I see it, RBR could be on par with Honda next year, and now that Honda has won a race, there is every chance Webber could be in a car thats able to win races next year. Good news.
andrewb94 said:
Red Bull most likely have Renault engines next year, Toro Rosso will get the Ferrari engines. A Newey designed Red Bull chassis with a Renault engine should be pretty formidable.
CarterS said:
Red Bull Racing have a pretty big budget too :) At first you'd think RBR would be a step down but when you think about it it's not too bad.

.........all great posts guys.

MrAaron said:
doesnt matter who he drives for, he still will NEVER win a GP race.

....unlike captain stupids.

Yeah, the word is formidable, with the equation simply put: One of the best engines in Renault, the best designer in Newey, a massive massive budget and a hefty salary raise, its definetly a great move for Webber optimistically, and with Renault seeming to be going with Fisi and Heikki, could Red Bull be the best Renault team next year? And I'm still not sure, but could, in all areas, Kimi and Schuey work together at Ferrari? All the talk has Kimi practically there already (Kimi/Schuey at Ferrari, Alonso/Hamilton at McLaren, Fisi/Heikki at Renault, Button/Barichello at Honda, Coulthard/Webber at RBR, Heidfeld/Kubica at BMW, and the rest are all backmarkers... just realised Massa has to go somewhere with that lineup.)

jimmy_clement#8 said:
Yeah, the word is formidable, with the equation simply put: One of the best engines in Renault, the best designer in Newey, a massive massive budget and a hefty salary raise, its definetly a great move for Webber optimistically, and with Renault seeming to be going with Fisi and Heikki, could Red Bull be the best Renault team next year? And I'm still not sure, but could, in all areas, Kimi and Schuey work together at Ferrari? All the talk has Kimi practically there already (Kimi/Schuey at Ferrari, Alonso/Hamilton at McLaren, Fisi/Heikki at Renault, Button/Barichello at Honda, Coulthard/Webber at RBR, Heidfeld/Kubica at BMW, and the rest are all backmarkers... just realised Massa has to go somewhere with that lineup.)

I'll tell you right now, there is no chance in hell that Michael will have Kimi Raikonnen as a teammate

I am a fan of Mark but a lot of the stuff being said is exactly the same as when he moved to Williams.

Yes Williams have fallen way back into the pack and he hasn't had the car but on the same level his teammates, on the most part, have also been complete spuds so it is hard to judge him one way or the other.

If it goes through pairing up with DC at Red Bull leaves him nowhere to hide.

2007 will be sink or swim for Mark.

TigerFan said:
I'll tell you right now, there is no chance in hell that Michael will have Kimi Raikonnen as a teammate
That's what I was thinking, it's just way too hard to have them both in the same team, but that's all the talk at the moment.

He is a hack, cant drive, theres a reason why everything he gets behind has serious engine problems. Its time to blame the driver, every team he has gone too (3 IIRC) has had him blowing his car up every race. I cant believe another team picked him up

Embers said:
He is a hack, cant drive, theres a reason why everything he gets behind has serious engine problems. Its time to blame the driver, every team he has gone too (3 IIRC) has had him blowing his car up every race. I cant believe another team picked him up

Looks like Spud no. 369 has just put their highly knowledgable opinion in.............:rolleyes:

I think it's the best possible move by Webber to be honest

Newey's designing the 2007 chassis, the Ferrari engine deal is the same one that let Peter Sauber run a top-class outfit on a shoestring budget for many years, they're being bankrolled by the deep pockets of Dietrich Mateschitz and I think they're sitting in the developmental fast lane with regards to their pursuit of race wins

I daresay he's hitched his wagon to a star :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday, 7 August 2006

Red Bull Racing has confirmed today that David Coulthard will continue to drive for the team in 2007 and that his team-mate will be Mark Webber.

Christian Horner: “I’m very pleased to be able to confirm our driver line up for next year. David has continued to lead the team well and demonstrate the form he showed during 2005. This season he achieved the team’s first podium in Monaco and has shown commitment, determination and motivation to deliver at the highest level in Formula One. It was therefore an easy decision from both sides to extend the relationship for 2007. He’s still one of the best drivers on the grid and we’re delighted to have him in the team.

“Looking to Mark, we chose him for a number of straightforward reasons. One, he obviously has undoubted speed and ability, and two, he appears to have the determination and motivation needed to succeed. We’re entering an exciting new phase in the short history of Red Bull Racing and Mark was an obvious candidate for us. He’s got a good track record in F1 and we’re delighted to have secured his services for next year. We believe that together he and David will form a very solid partnership, which will give us one of the strongest driver line-ups in the field.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Christian Klien for all his hard efforts for the team over the last two seasons. He will remain a Red Bull Racing driver until the end of the 2006 season, and we will continue to give him all the support that we can during that time.”

David Coulthard: “I’m delighted to continue with Red Bull Racing for a third season. I can feel that the team is really beginning to gel as a group. I’m looking forward to raising the performance of the team and the car and to see Red Bull Racing become a regular points scorer, in with a good shout for achieving podiums and wins.”

Mark Webber: “It’s fantastic to be joining Red Bull Racing. It’s clear that the team is very hungry for long-term success, it has a very talented group of personnel and there seems to be a real sense of team spirit and unity. I believe I’m joining the team at exactly the right time for success in the future.

“After I left Jaguar Racing at the end of the 2004 season and discovered that Mr. Mateschitz was taking over the team, I said that I felt the team had been placed in very good hands and had an assured future. As a team, it seems to be very realistic and knows the challenge that lies ahead. I hope to bring good experience to the team and to assist it by being a fast and consistent driver and scoring as many points as possible.

“I hope that with Red Bull Racing I can have my best F1 season to date and believe that we can be very, very strong together. I’m looking forward to some great times with David and the rest of the Red Bull Racing team.”

jimmy_clement#8 said:

Massa is sh1t. Cant believe he got a seat at Ferrari this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Webber will not race at Williams in 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back