Weetbix Sheffield Shield: Queensland v South Australia @ Allan Border Field (Wed-Sat)

Tipping

• Qld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• SA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

shieldm.png

qld.png
VS
47090018.png

Wednesday November 17 - Saturday November 20, Allan Border Field, Brisbane.

Shield cricket returns to Allan Border Field for the first time in a while, so the Gabba square can be preserved before the upcoming 1st test. After the batting debacle that was Qld's effort in the last game there, a few batsmen will be happy to play at the generally more batsmen friendly AB Field strip.

Qld managed to bounce back from that abysmal effort to grab the maximum points off the Shield leaders Tassie in Hobart on the back of some stellar Ryan Harris bowling and a captains knock from James Hopes in the 1st innings. Harris' knee is being rested from this one though, and Ben Cutting who had just returned from injury rejoins the list with a shin problem this time. Chris Swan who had arguably been Qld's best bowler this year comes back in along with youngster Cameron Gannon and along wiht 12th man from Hobart Luke Feldman will be vying for the 2 quick spots alongside Scott Walter.

SA have also lost some pacemen from their last Shield game against WA, with Peter George off to Hobart to play for Australia A and Chris Duval injured. Callum Ferguson is also in Hobart trying to play his way into a Baggy Green and Tom Cooper is the replacement bat. Tim Lang who played against England in the tour game and Gary Putland who missed a couple of games through injury are in to the 12.

Queensland XII:
Wade Townsend
Ryan Broad
Lee Carseldine
Chris Lynn
Ben Dunk
+Chris Hartley
*James Hopes
Chris Swan
Cameron Gannon
Cameron Boyce
Scott Walter
Luke Feldman
In: Chris Swan
Cameron Gannon
Luke Feldman

Out Ryan Harris
Ben Cutting

South Australia XII:
Daniel Harris
James Smith
*Michael Klinger
Tom Cooper
Aiden Blizzard
Aaron O'Brien
+Graham Manou
Dan Christian
Tim Lang
Gary Putland
Ben Edmondson
Rob Cassell
In: Tom Cooper
Tim Lang
Gary Putland

Out:Chris Duval
Peter George
Callum Ferguson

Coverage:
Cricket Australia's scorecard
Fox Sports Stream Don't think there will be one though, judging by the absence of a CATV logo on the CA site.

Points Table
NSW - 12 (3)
Victoria - 8 (3)
Tasmania - 6 (3)
Queensland - 6 (3)
South Australia - 2 (2)
Western Australia - 0 (2)

Weather:

Day 1 fine, showers on day 2, rain on day 3 and showers on day 4. AB Field drainage isn't very good so not sure about how much play we'll get the last 3 days.

Who ever is responsible for selecting Manou to bat at 6 for SA (when he has an average of about 25 over nearly 100 first class games) should be sacked.

Also SA selectors need to work out whether Dan Christian and O'Brien are bolwers or batsmen predominately and select accordingly.

Cooper showing why he should always be selected ahead of Borgas.
Smith has had a pretty ordinary start to the year, selectors should look at Moffat i would think.

Who ever is responsible for selecting Manou to bat at 6 for SA (when he has an average of about 25 over nearly 100 first class games) should be sacked.

Also SA selectors need to work out whether Dan Christian and O'Brien are bolwers or batsmen predominately and select accordingly.

Agree, IMO Christian is a far better bat, and suited to the No.6 position. Hell, even O'Brien is probably a better bat than Manou.

Agree, IMO Christian is a far better bat, and suited to the No.6 position. Hell, even O'Brien is probably a better bat than Manou.

First Class Averages in team order

Manou - 24.21
Christian - 22.71
O'Brien - 29.54

Bloody awful reading and funnily enough - O'Brien is the best of the lot.

It gets worse though -

Smith - 32.21
Harris - 30.53
Cooper - 20.00

I can excuse Cooper due to a lack of matches but sheesh - that is horrible.

and you wonder why we suck so much.

Is Manou close to being dropped?

I hope so, but I doubt it. Our selectors are like the Australian selectors when it comes to making decisions.

Ludeman has been in fine form, smashed a century on the weekend in grade cricket and has been very handy when lining up for the Redbacks.

Manou needs to be dropped ASAP to start developing Ludeman. Manou has had his chance and has had one good season with the bat in his career. Bring on Ludeman ASAP and give Smith this game, then the next Shield game to perform otherwise drop him and bring in Moffatt. I can see Smith being apart of our future but I think he needs a spell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was wondering when the collapse was coming as it is perfect bowling conditions. Black as the ace of spades outside and a million percent humidity.

First Class Averages in team order

Manou - 24.21
Christian - 22.71
O'Brien - 29.54

Bloody awful reading and funnily enough - O'Brien is the best of the lot.

It gets worse though -

Smith - 32.21
Harris - 30.53
Cooper - 20.00

I can excuse Cooper due to a lack of matches but sheesh - that is horrible.

and you wonder why we suck so much.

6-7-8 are a real problem. The selectors have obviously considered that 3X 0.5 batsman and 2X 0.5 bolwers gives us one bolwer and one and a half batsman. The reality and the performance is that it gives us three times nothing.

Our only hope Klinger is gone 5/68

Looking back at the dismissals I guess SA have been a bit unlucky..

Over 2.4: Swan to Smith, no run, OUT, caught on the crease looking to get forward catches the shoulder of the bat and Hopes somehow takes that catch at slip with one hand literally due to his injury

Over 4.4: Swan to Cooper, no run, OUT, sliced away to second slip from a thick edge where another terrific catch is taken and Carseldine's wicket celebration has nearly outdone the wicket itself

Over 27.6: Feldman to Klinger, no run, OUT, drives hard outside off stump and edges straight to Hopes at 1st slip! That ball flew off the edge straight into his chest, lucky he caught that it would have gone right through him

Seems as though QLD have pulled a few from their arse..

Lead is 100 with 5 wickets remaining.

Manou wtf!

One side of me thinks DAMN this one really good score will save him from the axe, but then another side of me thinks .. we were 4/32 and he stood up when it counted.. well done Manou, long overdue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weetbix Sheffield Shield: Queensland v South Australia @ Allan Border Field (Wed-Sat)

Back