Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

banzai said:
We did, but lost our 3rd round for Collingwoods 4th round. i think.
Collingwood did exceptionally well in that trade then. They have pick 8 and 11, keep their 2nd round pick and have two 3rd round picks.
Not a bad effort for a team that finished in 8 to have 5 picks inside the first 3 rounds and all they lost was an unfulfilled talent in Tarrant. Credit where it's due.

tugga said:
Collingwood did exceptionally well in that trade then. They have pick 8 and 11, keep their 2nd round pick and have two 3rd round picks.
Not a bad effort for a team that finished in 8 to have 5 picks inside the first 3 rounds and all they lost was an unfulfilled talent in Tarrant. Credit where it's due.

Our 3rd round went to Freo.

At the very worsed you will have picked up L Brown.
I think Polak will be a good player for you.
Will play more games than Tarrant.

banzai said:
Our 3rd round went to Freo.
I reckon we've done very well to be honest. We have picks 13 and 26 to draft two kids and have a ready-made KPP which we badly need. Hopefully if Polak can get it right then he will still be young enough when the likes Raines, Polo, lids etc have matured and can take us to the next level.
Thumbs up from me anyway.:thumbsu:

That seems like a pretty fair deal allround,

If Polak can stay injury free and get his head right he could potentially become a star.

In a year this trade is either going to be praised as genius or effigies of Miller will be burnt at punt road!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tugga said:

Can you believe it?!

Anyway as much as I hated to lose pick 8 there's nothing you can do now, indeed if there ever was, we're just flotsam jetsam on the Richmond river.

Welcome to Tigerland Polak and you better perform or else you'll really find out what the meaning of feral is.:thumbsu: :D

cherryripe said:
Can you believe it?!

Anyway as much as I hated to lose pick 8 there's nothing you can do now, indeed if there ever was, we're just flotsam jetsam on the Richmond river.

Welcome to Tigerland Polak and you better perform or else you'll really find out what the meaning of feral is.:thumbsu: :D
Just keep Polly away from Sarge and we're laughin.

So basically we have picked up a player from all reports could be a gun if he gets his head right and dropped 5 spots in the draft that we would have used on a player we think will take the next step up from TAC to AFL.

Lets look on the bright side and put faith in the Coaching staff that they can get Polak right, get behind him now that he wears a Tiger Jumper and look forward to the kid we pick up 5 spots later.

Go Tigers and good luck Polak.

I think we did ok.

We probably have somebody lined up for 13 that we would've taken at 8 anyway.

So we have 13, 26, 57, 63, 79 in the draft?

Theoretically, if polak gets his head right, you could look at it this way:

4, 13, 26, 57, 63, 79

:)

tugga said:
I reckon we've done very well to be honest. We have picks 13 and 26 to draft two kids and have a ready-made KPP which we badly need. Hopefully if Polak can get it right then he will still be young enough when the likes Raines, Polo, lids etc have matured and can take us to the next level.

yep i am with ya tugg.
Didnt want to lose a player in the trade, is all that i was concerned with.
Now we see if the dude has half a brain, which is where the TW factor is required. ;)

Good to see Miller put his head on the chopping block for a change.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or annoyed.

Polak better be worth it, I guess the positive thing is we still keep a 1st round draft pick even if it is #13, oh and we didnt trade away our 2nd round pick either which is a good thing.

tugga said:

:) ALL cool with me! Not a lot of difference between picks 20 to 60, no matter how deep the draft.
Pick 13 will throw up something decent. We just need to be smart and have full confidence we will be!

The important thing in all of this was to keep two picks inside the first two rounds. You need to keep turning your list over and this is the aspect of the whole deal that I am most pleased about. There have many good players picked with 13 or 26 or thereabouts (duds too no doubt).
Now...Polak. We had to do it. Chubba goes and Polak comes in. Chubba, as great a warrior as he was, was only ever a 3rd stringer. Having Gas to shut down the No 1 forward and Polak at CHB shores up the likes of Bowdens etc to do the running out of the backline.
Throw in JON if he can accept the challenge and you never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back