Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

LuvMyHawks said:
Listening to radio talkback the past few days, many Tiger supporters have threatened to not renew their membership if Polack and his "baggage" was traded. They said they have had enough "bad culture" which was almost cleaned out. Not happy members!!!!! Will interesting to see whether this will affect your membership figures..Only time will tell I guess. Let's hope he left his "baggage" behind...He knows he is on notice..as do many foot ball followers.. I am glad we did not want him... very happy indeed....:)
LMAO at the amount of times I've heard on radio 'I won't renew my membership'. Don't renew it then knob jockeys. They'll renew.

The Dice Man said:
Does anyone know if he and Simmo were close at Freo?

Simmo, IMO, has turned himself into a very important footballer. Perhaps Simmo can demonstrate to Polak exactly what he needs to do.

simmo's an entirely different person thought, he had the discipline to begin with but just couldn't put it together, found stability and confidence here and came into his own. If you're to believe all the RUMOURS about polak he needs to find discipline which is a tough thing to do, especially when you're gauranteed 3 years pay either way. simmo couldve sat back and did nothing for 5 years but i get the impression he is a genuine good bloke who didn't want to let us down. hopefully he does take polak under his wing, it definately couldnt hurt.

Drunken Wookie said:
simmo's an entirely different person thought, he had the discipline to begin with but just couldn't put it together, found stability and confidence here and came into his own. If you're to believe all the RUMOURS about polak he needs to find discipline which is a tough thing to do, especially when you're gauranteed 3 years pay either way. simmo couldve sat back and did nothing for 5 years but i get the impression he is a genuine good bloke who didn't want to let us down. hopefully he does take polak under his wing, it definately couldnt hurt.
Simmonds was being played out of position. Freo tried to turn him in a FF and in his first year with us he was being played at CHF. He's found the niche he always wanted in the ruck. End of story.

Lenny* said:
Im actually pretty happy with our trade. :) :thumbsu:

Polak, #13, #26 #58

We were goign to have
#8 #26 #58

I reckon we hae snaffled up Polak for nothing :thumbsu:

yeah but the pies didnt to to badly too tug.
Finish 8th and next draft, the super draft get 2 picks in the top 10. As well as a sneaky HF that can take a mark and knows where the goals are. And that after finishing 8th.
Lets just say we would be doign cart wheels if we were in that position.
We arent really doing cart wheels with our deal, we are only "pretty" happy. ;)

CoggaRules said:
yeah but the pies didnt to to badly too tug.
Finish 8th and next draft, the super draft get 2 picks in the top 10. As well as a sneaky HF that can take a mark and knows where the goals are. And that after finishing 8th.
Lets just say we would be doign cart wheels if we were in that position.
We arent really doing cart wheels with our deal, we are only "pretty" happy. ;)
Completely agree. I said in another thread that we must give credit where its due albeit begrudglingly.
In fact the Pies have shown the absolute untruth in the calls that is impossible to improve when you finish mid-table. Pies have proven the doomsayers wrong, at least in theory if not just yet in practice.

The Dice Man said:
Does anyone know if he and Simmo were close at Freo?

Simmo, IMO, has turned himself into a very important footballer. Perhaps Simmo can demonstrate to Polak exactly what he needs to do.
i think i heard that they're pretty good mates, and i am pleased to get him, just remember just how damn good this guy can be foward or back, but the thing that gives me confidence is that his not a vic boy drafted by freo, he was from WA and is totally leaving his comfort zone, moving interstate when he could have just as easily have stayed at freo, i feel he really wants to make something out of this, and if he does we will have a very good KPP on our hands

PLSC said:
why the hell did we throw 42 in there

pies win big time

we are a bit meh

freo get r*ped :thumbsu:

they way it works out we gave up 8 for 13
and 42 for polak

not sure what everyone is whinging about, this is a big win 4 us!

go polak, go tiges!

polak will be a force

banzai said:
So you want Polak, Schulz, Thursfield and Gas in defence? Schulz will now stay forward, needs a HUUUUGE pre-season (along with Polak). Jay should be aiming for 50 goals in 06 :) :thumbsu:
No, I wasn't thinking all at once, but more as a squad of key defenders. That's why Gaspar only really needs to get 15 games or so. he doesn't need to play against smaller forward lines like Hawthorn and Bulldogs. Plus, we know how injuries can ruin the best plans. I'd like to see Shulz be able to switch between forward and back as needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt9 said:
No, I wasn't thinking all at once, but more as a squad of key defenders. That's why Gaspar only really needs to get 15 games or so. he doesn't need to play against smaller forward lines like Hawthorn and Bulldogs. Plus, we know how injuries can ruin the best plans. I'd like to see Shulz be able to switch between forward and back as needed.

lets cross that bridge when we come to it, first thing we want to see the sarge do is be able to advance his stats passed 5. Then we can think about the switching and stuff. ;)

Matt9 said:

Like your thinking on Gas. I think we owe it to Schulz to give him a settled season in one position so he can find his feet though. I think thats when he started to play better this year, when he could put games on end in the forward

footy4eva said:
they way it works out we gave up 8 for 13
and 42 for polak

not sure what everyone is whinging about, this is a big win 4 us!

go polak, go tiges!

polak will be a force

I cannot believe Richmond gave up pick 8 for Polack. He has done nothing to warrent a trade for a first round draft pick.

Worst decision ever

Blueboy43 said:
I cannot believe Richmond gave up pick 8 for Polack. He has done nothing to warrent a trade for a first round draft pick.

Worst decision ever
I cannot believe Carlton refused to accept two 2nd round picks for Thornton.

Blueboy43 said:

Worst decision ever

See if you can keep up with me here, ok? yes?

Richmond traded our pick 8, for Freo's pick 13.

What did we get for dropping 5 places in the draft? We got a young KP player.

Now if you want to speak about worst decisions ever, I would've thought the Carlton Board would've kept you busy for... ooooh say the next decade or two:)

The Dice Man said:
See if you can keep up with me here, ok? yes?

Richmond traded our pick 8, for Freo's pick 13.

What did we get for dropping 5 places in the draft? We got a young KP player.

Now if you want to speak about worst decisions ever, I would've thought the Carlton Board would've kept you busy for... ooooh say the next decade or two:)

Totally agree. Who am I stay worst decsion ever considering what Carlton has done in the past.

Even though you got pick 13, a difference of 5 if huge. Just look at the past drafts

Blueboy43 said:
Totally agree. Who am I stay worst decsion ever considering what Carlton has done in the past.

Even though you got pick 13, a difference of 5 if huge. Just look at the past drafts

listen dude, its not our fault your club did JS in the trade week. so go back to your hole and rattle the tins. ;)

Blueboy43 said:

It's not that huge when you think about it. We picked Fiora with pick 3 and Raines with pick 76.
Take a bit of time to read through this board a bit and you'll understand that the difference between 8 and 13 is not that great in this draft.

Blueboy43 said:

What like Bartell at 8 and Dal santo at 13 in 2001 or Luke Brennan at 8 and Byron Schammer at 13 in 2002 or Raphael Clarke at 8 and Brett Stanton at 13 in 2003.

Geez its a massive difference. I probaly wouldnt take the 13th pick over the 8th in any of those drafts :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back