Welcome Welcome Hugh Davies!!! - Pick 33 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Conflicted on this one, I get vibes of Zac Dawson with bodywork and Sam Taylor.

Most key backs get a bag kicked on them at some point. Meh.

That's very true. He had a dirty day and seemed to get a bit down on himself on the day but 1 off game as a KPD shouldn't define him. That was the only game I saw of the 18's and for that reason alone I had hoped for Adams but Walls is King so very happy to accept Davies is the better option.

Some classic BS flying around in media such as the D+ by 'Ben Wallyworth' on Fox. Some of his summations and grading are really disrespectful of clubs and their likely inside knowledge and reasons for drafting as they do. Davies for example, had other clubs lined up for him and he would not have got to our pick in the early forties. I suggest that Melbourne would have picked him ahead of Adams and Freo knew others were targeting Davies.

Knoble's selection is an absolute beauty for us imop and I must say I was not aware of him or seen his profile - so much for my research. As back up players ready to go are Wager and Emmett better than Crowden and Blakely. Certainly speed and tackling pressure are likely.

It was just as well Davies had 5 kicked on him (7 for the game) when the Vic M on ballers dominated that third quarter and their forward structure set up so well. Otherwise we would not have even got close to him in the draft.

2 of the seven where errors by someone else. Busslinger was out-marked on the goal line and the ruckman gave away a free kick inside 50. One was a hanger by Jefferson that no-one could have stopped and the fourth was just an elite kick by Sheezel to a forward leading into space in an open forwardine

and a lot of our mids were lazy as when the vic boys up the tempo and pressure that quarter - hugh was trying to do too muchto cover too many players imop

The lovechild of Spock and Bryce Dallas Howard.
spock GIF

Some classic BS flying around in media such as the D+ by 'Ben Wallyworth' on Fox. Some of his summations and grading are really disrespectful of clubs and their likely inside knowledge and reasons for drafting as they do. Davies for example, had other clubs lined up for him and he would not have got to our pick in the early forties. I suggest that Melbourne would have picked him ahead of Adams and Freo knew others were targeting Davies.

Knoble's selection is an absolute beauty for us imop and I must say I was not aware of him or seen his profile - so much for my research. As back up players ready to go are Wager and Emmett better than Crowden and Blakely. Certainly speed and tackling pressure are likely.

It was just as well Davies had 5 kicked on him (7 for the game) when the Vic M on ballers dominated that third quarter and their forward structure set up so well. Otherwise we would not have even got close to him in the draft.

Don’t know how you can even rate a draft yet. North’s 3/4 picks could be stars, or could be absolute flops. Won’t know for a few years.

We could have drafted the player we wanted, doesn’t mean they’ll be any good.

I had to laugh when he said “risky picks by Freo”. Had picks 33 and later, not like we’ve reached with top 10s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I literally just said the exact same thing in a group chat haha
It's uncanny :p I truly hope he ends up with the nickname Pennywise - would be an epic name for a defender that comes from behind

To be fair you can’t become a cult favorite without a little good hearted fun. Clive Waterhouse, Kepler Bradley and Andrew Wills all had interesting heads and were on the short end of quite a few jokes.

In saying that if my poor attempts at humor offend you I’m more than happy to remove them.

Im just really excited to have a player that isn’t a standard looking ” handsome” guy. It gives people like me a hope that we could play AFL.
I’m half ginger and have copped my fair share.

And if you are reading this Hugh Im super stoked that you have joined the club And looking forward to what you can achieve to inspire us odd looking blokes and the younger generation of kids who don’t look like everyone else.
Nah, I get the gags and he’s probably heard them all about his hair, but when crew are knocking his looks it’s a pretty s**t thing for our supporters and a Mod of this board to do to a kid.

If he's playing AFL in 2025 he will have no trouble with the girls. He'd be a giant and a mountain. He will have a more difficult time defending his virtue than we he will guarding Ben King.

Nah, I get the gags and he’s probably heard them all about his hair, but when crew are knocking his looks it’s a pretty s**t thing for our supporters and a Mod of this board to do to a kid.
Hmmm, there hasn’t really been any outright commentary on his looks unless I’ve missed something and the post I simply replied to seemed more a comment on that photo in particular. I reckon I could go on pretty much any page on Bigfooty and read plenty worse comments about players then comparing someones appearance to Pennywise.

Still, I hope if Hugh or his friends and family read this, they know we all can’t wait to see him play and are right behind him.

Pennywise is a nickname any defender would be proud of - can't be seen by adults, sneaks up from behind, takes away all the fun, everyone's terrified of. I played defender for a while and would have loved that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back