Toast Welcome Liam Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

(This is 2 years ago, so add a couple of years of development AND this is just in one game..).
He is obviously very slight, but so pacey, has good vision/smarts, and makes some good decisions. Could be electric for us. I'm excited and reckon we've done well in this.

OZnpUSZ.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty stoked with this. My last memory of him is the last game of 2021 against us where he sprinted half the ground and kicked a goal from about 45 out. We need every bit of that. I think he’ll play that crucial HF/winger role and give us something we lack.

Ross was pushing Liams tie business at the Dockers B&F when he was still the coach so he put the groundwork in early for this one. He's going to do great I reckon, whenever Hill or Wood was out this year I think you could really see it.
You seem very bitter over on the freo board

Last edited:
After looking at that vid of his draft, hearing Kingy et al raving about him, I wondered what happened. I've never seen him play. I checked out the LH thread on the Dockers website and got a sense that his career has tracked about as well as Hunter Clark's or maybe even Jade Gresham's for us in terms of promise and disappointment. The above quotes are a selection of pointed analysis of Liam.

TLDR: seems like his kicking range is similar to Gresham's so get ready for that. People aren't enamoured with his ball drop technique either. It is suggested that he is young and light and getting used to the level, getting an AFL body etc.

But it is strange that a junior that people raved about for having a great range of kicks has struggled with his kicking in the AFL.
Is it a confidence issue? Will he thrive in Melbourne or at a club where he wasn't a high draft pick? Maybe he needs love and Brad Hill and others can help him build that confidence.

I think a future second is a lot less pressure than pick 9 so that might be what he needs to release the pressure and just back to the form he showed pre-draft.

At this stage I'm optimistic, which is more than I can say for Hunter Clark!

EDIT: it seems my multi quotes have been removed by a mod but you can find them easily enough on the Freo LH thread. 130 something pages since his draft in 2019, the last 115 pages are from this year! Hopes were high, then dashed, and most are happy to see him gone but there remains upside. Most posters are more annoyed that yet another player is leaving than upset about this particular player moving, so pretty similar to the Billings Clark Gresham Howard type situation.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After looking at that vid of his draft, hearing Kingy et al raving about him, I wondered what happened. I've never seen him play. I checked out the LH thread on the Dockers website and got a sense that his career has tracked about as well as Hunter Clark's or maybe even Jade Gresham's for us in terms of promise and disappointment. The above quotes are a selection of pointed analysis of Liam.

TLDR: seems like his kicking range is similar to Gresham's so get ready for that. People aren't enamoured with his ball drop technique either. It is suggested that he is young and light and getting used to the level, getting an AFL body etc.

But it is strange that a junior that people raved about for having a great range of kicks has struggled with his kicking in the AFL.
Is it a confidence issue? Will he thrive in Melbourne or at a club where he wasn't a high draft pick? Maybe he needs love and Brad Hill and others can help him build that confidence.

I think a future second is a lot less pressure than pick 9 so that might be what he needs to release the pressure and just back to the form he showed pre-draft.

At this stage I'm optimistic, which is more than I can say for Hunter Clark!

EDIT: it seems my multi quotes have been removed by a mod but you can find them easily enough on the Freo LH thread. 130 something pages since his draft in 2019, the last 115 pages are from this year! Hopes were high, then dashed, and most are happy to see him gone but there remains upside. Most posters are more annoyed that yet another player is leaving than upset about this particular player moving, so pretty similar to the Billings Clark Gresham Howard type situation.

I'd say he's the opposite to Gresham. Gresham looked like one of our few star quality kids early on. He looked more like Owens until his body started to let him down a few years ago. So far Henry has been disappointing and apart from a purple patch this season he looked like he would have been a delisted free agent type pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome Liam Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back