Toast Welcome Liam Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

They should have got him to have a crack at singing the song.
Not as if there are a lot of words in it.
We have a rugby team here in Isa called the Bulldogs whose entire song consists of one word “Bulldogs” sung to a tune.
They even print out song sheets and run the new boys through it every year. 🤩

Good Luck to Liam over there.

I was always a fan of Liam the person, as he seemed a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Playing wise though I could never see the hype. He was drafted as "quick" and "silky skilled". Some were even saying the next Michael Walters small forward type. However, he's not quick - not a fast line breaker like Hill, and his skills were always quite poor - poor shot for goal and no penetration on his kick. He at least improved hi tackling ability this year which helped him in the contest.

He finally played a few really good games for us this year - go back and watch his game against Essendon. He grew some confidence and was obviously given a better (clearer) role by the coaches. He still had a great tendency to bite off way more than he could chew - taking options that were much too risky which resulted in bad turnovers.

I'm a massive RL fan and wish we never got rid of him at Freo. I think Ross will be a great coach for Liam, likely to simplify the game and his role which will help him with his risk taking. Probably needs to find space more, run more and shorten his kicks to reduce his turnovers.

All the best to him and you guys. Would love to see the world go full cycle and Ross lift the cup at the saints (as long as it's not against Freo).

I was always a fan of Liam the person, as he seemed a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. Playing wise though I could never see the hype. He was drafted as "quick" and "silky skilled". Some were even saying the next Michael Walters small forward type. However, he's not quick - not a fast line breaker like Hill, and his skills were always quite poor - poor shot for goal and no penetration on his kick. He at least improved hi tackling ability this year which helped him in the contest.

He finally played a few really good games for us this year - go back and watch his game against Essendon. He grew some confidence and was obviously given a better (clearer) role by the coaches. He still had a great tendency to bite off way more than he could chew - taking options that were much too risky which resulted in bad turnovers.

I'm a massive RL fan and wish we never got rid of him at Freo. I think Ross will be a great coach for Liam, likely to simplify the game and his role which will help him with his risk taking. Probably needs to find space more, run more and shorten his kicks to reduce his turnovers.

All the best to him and you guys. Would love to see the world go full cycle and Ross lift the cup at the saints (as long as it's not against Freo).
thanks for the freo perspective. I think a few are thinking that x factor small forward type but from what I've seen and heard he's actually not quite that type like you say. I'm hoping he becomes a hard working two way winger like a shorter version of what Mason Wood does for us.

I feel like he will become a lot of supporters favourite player over the next few years. He has really stood up for us in 3 big games for us this year - Probably won us both games against Collingwood and Sydney, then nearly got us home against Brisbane.

He seems to have so much confidence and would be the bloke to stand up late in a final to win it for us late. What a pick up!

Was really happy when we got Liam.
1 thing that has exceeded my expectations is how good he is in the contest.
Was very impressed with his contested ball winning ability yesterday he has got so much more then pace and flair with a great set of hands and a real hunger for the contest.

Poor shot for goal? Not quick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's quick at StKilda ....which might say more about our other players.
I'm pumped for the kid if he's doing well at St Kilda - I have watched barely any of his games this season as saints games arent televised heaps in the west. I've seen him play a couple times and both were underwhelming.

If he's improved since then that's awesome. All i can speak of is at Freo he didnt break lines, didnt tackle hard and his kicking (particularly for goal) was average at best.

I'm a RL fan though and always thought he may be extract the best from Henry. Hopefully he has and its all the way up from here

I'm pumped for the kid if he's doing well at St Kilda - I have watched barely any of his games this season as saints games arent televised heaps in the west. I've seen him play a couple times and both were underwhelming.

If he's improved since then that's awesome. All i can speak of is at Freo he didnt break lines, didnt tackle hard and his kicking (particularly for goal) was average at best.

I'm a RL fan though and always thought he may be extract the best from Henry. Hopefully he has and its all the way up from here
He was on fire against Sydney. Played an inside - outside game with plenty of physicality.

He's quick at StKilda ....which might say more about our other players.

I watched a bit of him at Freo last year and he had some flaws despite having some really high possession games. His kicking looked suspect at times and especially in front of goal and his pace is adequate rather than a strength.

His game against Sydney he looked like he'd improved nearly all of it. He was neat, creative, evasive and damaging. He was only 21 last year and we were buying a semi developed kid that had some great traits but things to work on. He's one that paid off massively.

His numbers are down on his best games last year but his damage per touch has increased off the charts. Some of those difficult angled kicks at pace were insane and he emerged from traffic like the Sydney mids were trying to bag a kangaroo. He changes direction on the spot and moves in oblique angles. He showed elite talent in that game.

lol wat... are you watching the same liam henry?

I watched a bit of him at Freo last year and he had some flaws despite having some really high possession games. His kicking looked suspect at times and especially in front of goal and his pace is adequate rather than a strength.

His game against Sydney he looked like he'd improved nearly all of it. He was neat, creative, evasive and damaging. He was only 21 last year and we were buying a semi developed kid that had some great traits but things to work on. He's one that paid off massively.

His numbers are down on his best games last year but his damage per touch has increased off the charts. Some of those difficult angled kicks at pace were insane and he emerged from traffic like the Sydney mids were trying to bag a kangaroo. He changes direction on the spot and moves in oblique angles. He showed elite talent in that game.

couldnt agree more especially on the damage per touch. would rather 10 from him than 50 from others in the same side

Quickly becoming my fave.
Can easily see why the Dockers were spewing.

Spewing is an overstatement. Naturally we talked him up to increase his tradeable value. Would we have preferred to have kept him? Sure, after all the development we put into him, and was a handy player, but no supporter felt like we were losing a gun.

You will struggle to find a Freo fan who misses him, especially given the inclusion of Jeremy Sharpe. Sharpe has added much more value to our team. Sure Henry on 1 wing and Sharpe on the other would've been nice, but in all honesty, given Sharpe's output this season, I dont think Henry would be getting a game as he would have been competing with Jaeger O'Meara. O'Meara has been doing ok on the other wing, and even if Henry was a better option, the club seem to be hell bent on playing JOM due to his leadership and probably also his contract value.

Quickly becoming my fave.
Can easily see why the Dockers were spewing.

They absolutely smashed that draft.

Serong
Young
Henry

In succession is incredible drafting. And we took Henry off them just as he was about to start paying off. Would have been worth a lot more end of this year.

Oh well that's the game these days. Nice to get one come our way for once.

Spewing is an overstatement. Naturally we talked him up to increase his tradeable value. Would we have preferred to have kept him? Sure, after all the development we put into him, and was a handy player, but no supporter felt like we were losing a gun.

You will struggle to find a Freo fan who misses him, especially given the inclusion of Jeremy Sharpe. Sharpe has added much more value to our team. Sure Henry on 1 wing and Sharpe on the other would've been nice, but in all honesty, given Sharpe's output this season, I dont think Henry would be getting a game as he would have been competing with Jaeger O'Meara. O'Meara has been doing ok on the other wing, and even if Henry was a better option, the club seem to be hell bent on playing JOM due to his leadership and probably also his contract value.
Was mainly going off the comments of dockers officials mostly on trade radio when the deal went down. They weren’t happy.
Got no idea how the fans felt.

How was that cross ground kick to Webster running through the middle early on in the Swans game? Been crying out for players who do this for a while

Toast Welcome Liam Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back