News Welcome to Carlton Rob Inness - Head of High Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m up here in Syd and can confirm he has a great resume but so does the GWS fitness gurus!

By that I mean, from my GWS contacts, if he can bottle the Syd climate and access to beaches for recovery, he will do unbelievably well at Carlton!!

I could discuss our game style and playing on Marvel (which were both discussed at length) but I don’t want to damage my hammy…

Godis there anyone above him at the swans?
The Simpsons GIF

Just wondering what the actual numbers are for Sydney and before that Richmond in regards to player availability.

On the outside it would appear that the tiggies were for the most part healthy during their dominance and Sydney seem to have had great success in keeping players on the field for a long time.

Any stats legends here able to put some meat on the “vibe” I have that this guy has a good track record??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One way to look at it is players used. Winning teams usually use less players as they have their core on the park.

2024 - Sydney have used 31 players. They are the best in this area. Next best were GWS, Hawthorn and Port with 34.

2023 - St Kilda were the best using only 32 players (made finals). Swans with 36 were equal 5th with 4 other teams.

2022 - Melbourne were best with 33, Swans were equal 2nd with 35.

2021 - Brisbane best with 32. Swans eq 5th with 4 other teams.

2020 - Port were the best with 30. Richmond were 3rd best with 33. They won the flag.

2019 - Bit of an anomaly this one as Richmond were eq 16th (last) in terms of players used, but won the flag.

2018 - Richmond eq 3rd with 34.

2017 - Richmond eq 14th with 38, but won the flag.

A deeper dive into players rested while gifting games to youngsters might be necessary.

One way to look at it is players used. Winning teams usually use less players as they have their core on the park.

2024 - Sydney have used 31 players. They are the best in this area. Next best were GWS, Hawthorn and Port with 34.

2023 - St Kilda were the best using only 32 players (made finals). Swans with 36 were equal 5th with 4 other teams.

2020 - Port were the best with 30. Richmond were 3rd best with 33. They won the flag.

2019 - Bit of an anomaly this one as Richmond were eq 16th (last) in terms of players used, but won the flag.

A deeper dive into players rested while gifting games to youngsters might be necessary.

Thanks ODN.

Player availability is critical for success in both seniors and VFL.

VFL matters for player development and system reinforcement.

Great resume, hopefully he can:

- Have a say on which injury prone players we cut, and those he can help.

- Alter our load/training program, especially if we're playing Round Zero again, and in turn hopefully reduce the number of injuries we get next year.

- Improve the way we manage injuries and the way players come back.

- Continue to build player fitness.

Just wondering what the actual numbers are for Sydney and before that Richmond in regards to player availability.

On the outside it would appear that the tiggies were for the most part healthy during their dominance and Sydney seem to have had great success in keeping players on the field for a long time.

Any stats legends here able to put some meat on the “vibe” I have that this guy has a good track record??

Don't have numbers, but we had a lot of injuries in Innes' last two years at the club (2019/20), but always managed to get them all fit and healthy at the right time of year.

Innes wasn't the man in charge at that time though, but was highly regarded and things definitely got worse after he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gotta win 4 games, easy peasy. Why not us?

We are there. We have had some decent 4 game runs before against good teams. Just need to find it against the odds, with a handful of returning players. We're still alive until we lose.

Rehabilitating Carlton’s injured list is the 4 minute mile of the fitness world.

Roger that. Are you suggesting we Ban Innes (ter)?

It's OK, I'll show myself out...

Last edited:
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

This is a fantastic signing.

Did well at Richmond. Has done well in Sydney.

Older family involved in another club feels we got one of the best in the business.

Get us some healthy, less injury prone, players and let him get cooking.

Welcome Rob.

What about Carlton over the same period of time?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton Rob Inness - Head of High Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back