Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong recruited Bailey Smith from the Bulldogs as they have done in recent times with Tyson Stengle, Ollie Henry, Jeremy Cameron etc all at the Cattery via trades.

We do it with Houston and there is a fair share of criticism from the footy media.

2 years ago we recruited Frampton, Hill and Mitchell who all played in a flag plus McStay. Last year we traded in Schultz from Freo after the premiership. Happy with our trade period this year

Not sure whether this has been posted before, if so my apologies. It was written 6 days ago and gives a really good appraisal of where we are at and the potential value of acquiring Houston.

It's a spot on analysis, a far cry from the drivel being peddled by some other journos.
He makes important points about Shoota, too.

Sounds like Nick was a big reason Dan wanted to come. In his ear for a fair while. This kid is recruiting for a dynasty
Well, Nick isn't the sort of player to be satisfied with one Premiership medal.
I hope he ends up with a fist full!

Well, Nick isn't the sort of player to be satisfied with one Premiership medal.
I hope he ends up with a fist full!
Peter telling him and Josh to leave some cash on the table is probably the reason we've got Harry and Dan now. The flow on effect is what will win us flags when LDU and JUH sign next year

Peter telling him and Josh to leave some cash on the table is probably the reason we've got Harry and Dan now. The flow on effect is what will win us flags when LDU and JUH sign next year
Great advice, and it seems that Mick McGuane is going the same way with Tom.
It also sounds like relationships are what got Dan Houston over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Nick was a big reason Dan wanted to come. In his ear for a fair while. This kid is recruiting for a dynasty

Yep. As expected the pull of playing alongside Nick is strong. If you’ve played sports at any competitive level you get it. You want to be part of what that level of talent can bring in the field.

That’s why we should prepare our pitch to H Reid for when he comes back to Vic in 4-5y.

Yep. As expected the pull of playing alongside Nick is strong. If you’ve played sports at any competitive level you get it. You want to be part of what that level of talent can bring in the field.

That’s why we should prepare our pitch to H Reid for when he comes back to Vic in 4-5y.
That reminds me - immediately after the siren sounded when the Pies trounced the Eagles at Docklands this year, Nick and Harley had what seemed to be a very friendly chat for a couple of minutes out in the middle before separating with a warm handshake.

I interpreted this as Nick making our very first pitch and preparing the way ...

That reminds me - immediately after the siren sounded when the Pies trounced the Eagles at Docklands this year, Nick and Harley had what seemed to be a very friendly chat for a couple of minutes out in the middle before separating with a warm handshake.

I interpreted this as Nick making our very first pitch and preparing the way ...
He seems a very persuasive 21yo

I didn’t pick Reid as an example at random. He mentioned the Pies and our crowds in his draft interviews. Driven by success and big crowds. If Eagles don’t contend within 4 seasons I think he’s a goner. And considering the hype around both and the great fit with on complementary physical attributes, I think he’ll be receptive to such a pitch.

Ps - Nick may have picked up this sort of attitude from Pendles. Remember the story on Pendles giving Ads Treloar on field tips in the Giants early years?

Ps - Nick may have picked up this sort of attitude from Pendles. Remember the story on Pendles giving Ads Treloar on field tips in the Giants early years?
Yes I do

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back