Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Big-bodied, tough inside mid.
Really quite intelligent with ball in hand and a colossal tank.
His knock at Hawthorn was there were players ahead of him in his one-wood, and his alternative position was effectively KPF which was never his strength.

He'll run for days, he'll provide a lot of pressure around the contest and he'll play within his means. Don't expect line-breaking pace, but if he can follow around your inside mid group and build with time I think he has the ability to become a best-22 player and a point of difference to your speed/outside class.

Cool. Thanks for that...

I mean, he's a week away.

I meant with specific regard to Dave’s comment, implying a retaliatory omission of players playing against the Dogs, for Ned Long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno who this Ned guy is but hopefully a better operator than our last Ned Guy

Which Ned guy are you referring to?

The Ned Guy who turned over our list at the end of 2020 which contributed to our 2023 Premiership?

Or the Ned guy who played in our 1990 Premiership and was CEO during our 2023 Premiership?

Either way, that’s a tough act to follow for this Ned guy.

Last edited:
Hope to see Ned break into your senior side soon and do well. I reckon if we didn't have Connor Nash he would have played a lot more footy for us. He does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up in stats, suspect Nick will love some of his blocking at stoppages.
I also think he will be good for us.

Which Ned guy are you referring to?

The Ned Guy who turned over our list at the end of 2020 which contributed to our 2023 Premiership?

Or the Ned guy who played in our 1990 Premiership and was CEO during our 2023 Premiership?

That’s a tough act to follow for this Ned guy.
I was referring to the Ned guy whose actual name is Ned Guy whose incompetence lead to some tough decisions whereby he accidentally contributed to our 2023 premiership.

Not the other Ned guy who is actually a Craig

I was referring to the Ned guy whose actual name is Ned Guy whose incompetence lead to some tough decisions whereby he accidentally contributed to our 2023 premiership.
He was probably mostly incompetent at saying “shut the **** up, Ed, that is a ****ing stupid idea and you should never speak again in my presence!”… moreso than, you know, contractual stuff.

He was probably mostly incompetent at saying “shut the **** up, Ed, that is a ****ing stupid idea and you should never speak again in my presence!”… moreso than, you know, contractual stuff.
Mostly though I was just having a bit of a laugh with some word play. Probably shouldn’t have responded to the previous post.

Last edited:

Not the other Ned guy who is actually a Craig

Ah, I think you’ve got Ned Guy mixed up with Fall Guy.

His crime was being the bloke sitting in the list management chair when the list management committee (including Walsh, Bucks, Ed) decided to banish four much adored Collingwood superstars for no reason whatsoever.

Actually maybe that was two Collingwood superstars and two bit players who have long since departed their clubs.

Actually, maybe that was one Collingwood superstar, one player who should be in the prime of his career but can’t even hold his spot in the bottom team that’s yet to win a game this season, and two bit players who have long since departed their clubs.

ps. Curious, why hasn’t the list manager who offloaded our superstar AA ruckman copped the same shade as Ned Guy?

Last edited:
Ah, I think you’ve got Ned Guy mixed up with Fall Guy.

His crime was being the bloke sitting in the list management chair when the list management committee (including Walsh, Bucks, Ed) decided to banish four much adored Collingwood superstars for no reason whatsoever.

Actually maybe that was two Collingwood superstars and two bit players who have long since departed their clubs.

Actually, maybe that was one Collingwood superstar, one player who should be in the prime of his career but can’t even hold his spot in the bottom team that’s yet to win a game this season, and two bit players who have long since departed their clubs.

ps. Curious, why hasn’t the list manager who offloaded our superstar AA ruckman cop the same shade as Ned Guy?

Do you know something we don't aout our salary cap at the time?

The issue is that he was in the chair when we stuffed up the salary cap. Getting rid of those players and a fair bit more senior depth to right the ship early enough was a good thing, but stuffing up the salary cap - not so much.

Ah, I think you’ve got Ned Guy mixed up with Fall Guy.......
Actually you've all got the wrong Ned - if we had had the one and only Ned who was prepared to take a final stand on list management and tell the interferers to stop hanging around who knows what might have happened...

Screenshot_20240606-084338~2.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back