Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Serong for giving us something to be happy with. Really well deserved.

Amazing how quickly he is getting up to speed with pace of the game. Some of his handballs were lightning quick, quick decisions and nice in traffic with a handy side step. Oh and a beautiful goal off his opposite foot.

The Robbie Gray comparisons are looking good.

Well deserved Rising Star nom for Caleb, I reckon if he strings together consistent footy like that he's a sneaky chance for the rising star.
He'll get plenty of opportunity you'd think going forward and I can easily see him backing up that game given his competitiveness. If has another blinder this week it could be worth some money

he's currently got the 4th lowest odds at Sportsbet at $17 (Rankine favourite, MKing 2nd and then Anderson)
Shit you not, some Saints fan was saying on the main board, King is so good, i love King, he's amazing, wait till he has a big break out game then everyone will be fawning over him.

Dude if there was any more fawning over him, commentators would need to "service" him on live air. The fact he is 2nd favourite for rising star is completely ****ing stupid

sh*t you not, some Saints fan was saying on the main board, King is so good, i love King, he's amazing, wait till he has a big break out game then everyone will be fawning over him.

Dude if there was any more fawning over him, commentators would need to "service" him on live air. The fact he is 2nd favourite for rising star is completely ******* stupid

King did nothing all game last week but took a grab against 20cm shorter defenders and kicked a goal in the last minute which still earnt him a shoutout on all the footy shows. It's hard for anyone to compete against that sort of hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to lie, Serong was probably the player i least wanted us to draft as he didn't look to have any stand out attributes, bare in mind this opinion was formed from a couple of 5 minute highlight video. Couldn't be more happy with how he has presented in his first year. great aggression, skills and clean hands. Seems like a good replacement for Lachie Neale and is only going to get better with more games. The highlight for me this year is watching our young guys develop and he definitely makes it a little easier.

sh*t you not, some Saints fan was saying on the main board, King is so good, i love King, he's amazing, wait till he has a big break out game then everyone will be fawning over him.

Dude if there was any more fawning over him, commentators would need to "service" him on live air. The fact he is 2nd favourite for rising star is completely ******* stupid
I agree. I think he’s the most overrated player going around.

Not going to lie, Serong was probably the player i least wanted us to draft as he didn't look to have any stand out attributes, bare in mind this opinion was formed from a couple of 5 minute highlight video. Couldn't be more happy with how he has presented in his first year. great aggression, skills and clean hands. Seems like a good replacement for Lachie Neale and is only going to get better with more games. The highlight for me this year is watching our young guys develop and he definitely makes it a little easier.
BF is full of guys with rock solid opinions based on 5 min highlights packages of certain players. I trust our recruiters 100% - they spend hours watching these guys in and out.
Serong is now probably a top 3 or 4 pick in hindsight. Young also. Will day looks good too. Not seen much from Stephens or Robertson yet at this early stage.

Worth a watch despite what your opinion of Whateley and Robinson might be

He says he's really enjoying Perth at the moment and feels like he's learning alot each game (which his performances are clearly showing). Well spoken, honest and intelligent responses to their questions, particularly for a 19yr old. Said that Josh Carr told him he's be starting on Dangerfield, if that was Carr's idea then well played. Josh would be loving working with guys like Serong and Brayshaw who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Not much has been said about Carr's influence this year but clearly he's done some good work in the improvements we've seen in Serong, Brayshaw and also Cerra.

Imagine being one of the guys who wanted Dev. Never happier to be wrong.

You're not alone, I wanted us to pick up Dylan Stephens in the draft (as well as Henry and Young), very happy to be so wrong (pun intended). Stephens hasn't done much (still very early days for a young player to be fair) but Serong was amongst our best players against Geelong, easily. Take a step back and look at it: a 19r old five game player beat Patrick Dangerfield, pretty hard to argue against that. And without applying a hard tag he still managed to restrict Dangerfield, while providing such great offence and attack with skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back