Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to desperately help him rebuild his confidence. He can get the ball but is now obviously second guessing his ability.
Gee, I wouldn't see him lacking confidence in any part of his game righf now. His technique was good last night. Bis approach was good, he made contact with the ball further bavk than he had three weeks ago.
His ability to lead his opponent to the ball and have the ability to allow the ball to drop below chest level to mark ,is out standing.

Without the Eagles game he actually is back to his 2023 goal average of 1.86/game.
Yep, only had 6 less scores than last year in 5 less games including the Eagles (so 6 less).

He's better, its just not obvious because he is missing chances he took last year.

Kicked four yesterday but he was clearly physically hampered.

My guess is just a cork but he certainly looked lame.

He copped a knock to the leg in the first quarter that kept him down for 10-15 seconds and when he got up he had a noticeable limp. My first thought was a rolled ankle when I saw him hobbling behind play.

He copped a knock to the leg in the first quarter that kept him down for 10-15 seconds and when he got up he had a noticeable limp. My first thought was a rolled ankle when I saw him hobbling behind play.

Looked like a corked thigh to me with the way he was gesturing when a trainer/doc came out to check on him.

Yep, only had 6 less scores than last year in 5 less games including the Eagles (so 6 less).

He's better, its just not obvious because he is missing chances he took last year.
He's had a few more non-scoring shots this year as well. Including the WC game he is averaging 3.6 shots per game, and last year it was only 3.0 per game.

The goal he slotted from 40m was clinical. He was also missed on 4-5 leads where he was out and it would have been a chest mark from about 40m.

Some of that is the confidence of the player with the ball and some of it I am sure the coaches will continue to work on so we take the option. Either way, he is building into the end of the year well. And he will be bigger again next season so will have more confidence on the physical side.

The goal he slotted from 40m was clinical. He was also missed on 4-5 leads where he was out and it would have been a chest mark from about 40m.

Some of that is the confidence of the player with the ball and some of it I am sure the coaches will continue to work on so we take the option. Either way, he is building into the end of the year well. And he will be bigger again next season so will have more confidence on the physical side.
Is it just me or does he not actually lead at the ball carrier? Seems like he relies a but too much on his marking ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does he not actually lead at the ball carrier? Seems like he relies a but too much on his marking ability.

On occasion they all do that depending on the angles the defender gives them. May is great at pushing the leading player off optimal angle. Jye was missed on perfect orclose to leads 4-5 times though. Even if half of those are hit he looks dominant.

On occasion they all do that depending on the angles the defender gives them. May is great at pushing the leading player off optimal angle. Jye was missed on perfect orclose to leads 4-5 times though. Even if half of those are hit he looks dominant.
Yep, even Treacy kicked one over his head, I was gobsmacked as he usually nails those kicks, Amiss is coming along nicely.

Amiss and Treacy both with 52 shots this year - one at 53.8% accuracy and the other at 75%.

Really long bow to draw suggesting that Amiss is having a terrible year, he's just not finishing his chances as well. Overall he's doing perfectly well for a developing 3rd year player.
I like to think he’s only a second year player. The first was teeny tiny.

Should be stripped of the nickname nevermiss because he sure cost us a few games with momentum killer accuracy
Yeah he needs to get his mojo back in the off-season. Inaccurate forwards can kill teams, look at Naughton and JUH. Tbf Jye has had 74 shots on goal this season which is quite fascinating.

Jye will be fine.
After lacerating his kidney early on its literally his second year blues.
I reckon he would be hurting more than anything and will have his head down in the off bulking up and fine tuning his scopes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back