Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
You can make a strong case it was the wrong usage of the word.

20 years old and playing "as poorly" as he has been so far he kicks 40 again assuming he doesn't miss any games. There are going to be bad runs as he builds his body, just have to stick with it and come through the otherside. He's basically through getting anything out of a WAFL game

Last edited:

20 years old and playing "as poorly" as he has been so far he kicks 40 again assuming he doesn't miss any games. There are going to be bad runs as he builds his body, just have to stick with it and come through the otherside. He's basically through getting anything out of a WAFL game
Treacy is an all-round better player, but Amiss is, by some margin, the most gifted forward we have (Sonny doesn't count). He's one of those blokes that looks a bit off and gets 7 shots at goal.

He plays unless he's injured.

Treacy is an all-round better player, but Amiss is, by some margin, the most gifted forward we have (Sonny doesn't count). He's one of those blokes that looks a bit off and gets 7 shots at goal.

He plays unless he's injured.
treacy is getting to the point where i can imagine a 15 score involvement game off 25 disposals and 6 goals is an expected output at some stage in the next year or 2.

He's definitely becoming something special. Never saw the man play, but would Carey-lite be too high an expectation?

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I started thinking of Treacy as a Roughead clone earlier this year.

Carey was ridiculous, I don’t think we’ll see the likes of him again. There is a compilation of JUST his contested pack marks on YouTube that goes for over an hour.

It’s sad to see how inept his goal kicking routine has become. No momentum at the point of kicking, the overly bent knee at impact and proximity to the man on the mark.

The mental pressure has seen him go full Travis Cloke at times.
The problem Jye has now is that the mental pressure is feeding the physical flaws and seems like he’s in a vicious loop at times.

Being known as a ‘dead eye’ always had the potential for a heavy mental load …..
I hope to god our sports psych is working with him to understand mistakes happen, and more importantly can Jamie Graham as forwards coach man up and tell Jye to sort his *%#^ing run up out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In general play he's such a natural goalkicker. Snaps them from anywhere.

The set shot is starting to become a real worry. But I'm sure he can get it right... Right?

If Harry McKay can go from potato to more than competent in one off season Jye can do it.

Get Pav or Matthew Lloyd down to work with him

He's very young and has to be played but not having a great season at all. I think I read that he's kicked 2 more goals than Banners over the season. His approach to goal kicking looks terrible. I hope he can turn it around soon, 1 - 1.5 goals a game from him isn't enough. We get 2 a game from Treacy.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So puzzling from the outside. Every man & his dog can see he gets too close to the man on the mark. How hard can it be to go a bit further back and maybe add a couple more steps to the run up?

Coach is too stubborn to give him the ultimatum that if he doesn't fix it he plays in the 2s. I'd rather Voss at the moment.

His approach was noticeably better yesterday, so much speed (for him anyway) through the approach. Don't want to go early but it might have been fixed...

Contested marks up the ground and involvement in scoring chains for other team mates... We could see a big finish to the year from Jye. I am expecting a five or six goal haul with the rest being 2-3 goals a game.

Made the AFL team of the round. I think his season last year, kicking problems and Treacys growth have made a lot of people numb to how special this kid is. Voss is nice and I love what he's been doing at Peel but there's no competition here, this kid is our most talented player IMO

Contested marks up the ground and involvement in scoring chains for other team mates... We could see a big finish to the year from Jye. I am expecting a five or six goal haul with the rest being 2-3 goals a game.
Much more involved than usual. His leading is elite. The first goal towards Switkowski was textbook forward craft. Set the tone for the rest of the game

Much more involved than usual. His leading is elite. The first goal towards Switkowski was textbook forward craft. Set the tone for the rest of the game

Absolutely text book. timing was exquisite.

The contested mark centre wing on the edge of the centre square then lightning hands that Chappy kicked over the back to the Sturt contested mark was all class!

Made the AFL team of the round. I think his season last year, kicking problems and Treacys growth have made a lot of people numb to how special this kid is. Voss is nice and I love what he's been doing at Peel but there's no competition here, this kid is our most talented player IMO

Agree = it is easy to forget he hasn't played 50 games yet. Ridiculous talent. I am struggling to think of another young kpf I would be happy to trade him for... He also suffered a concussion earlier in the year and has built back into the season. Would not be surprised if he goes on a goal scoring run from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back