Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vibe I get is Serong and Brayshaw are building a complete buy in or GTFO culture amongst the core players. You can kind of see it in the group of players that are showing up to these voluntary off season sessions, blokes signing up for the next 5 years etc.

Pure speculation but my take is Henry was already on the outer amongst the playing group for this reason - and I imagine once you're out, you're out.
If this was the case (which I don’t think it was) then why was he at freo oval training with the likes of walters, amiss, walker….. this week

If this was the case (which I don’t think it was) then why was he at freo oval training with the likes of walters, amiss, walker….. this week
Raising his profile for the Victorian media no doubt. Probably an unknown for the majority of the fans over East.

Sorry Liam, you're gunna fall hard boy. Master of your own destiny and all that shit.....

The only reason I would feel any sympathy for Liam was if the reason he moved to Melbourne was because he was gay and wanted to get away from unforgiving friends/family etc in WA so he could be himself in Melbourne and didn't want to come out either so he kept it quiet to Fremantle also. Complete speculation on my part of course, but you never know.
IMG_5325.gif
Bob Murphy reaction if he finds out Liam was gay all along and he didn’t come out as a freo player

Raising his profile for the Victorian media no doubt. Probably an unknown for the majority of the fans over East.
You've got that right. For example, this is the sort of comedy gold from the Saints board after seeing a photo of Henry with his shirt off ... "Fair bit of see ball, get ball...get outta my way in that rig... And if you don't I will smash ya!"

Some of them think they are getting a super fast, skillful, strong midfielder. In for some disappointment.

Just checked his follows on Instagram, bloody hell this guy is thirsty af. . . It’s like 80% girls in bikinis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok ok we've had our fun. Can we lock this now and move all banter it to the former players thread? Someone will soon take this too far, if it hasn't already.

I'm pissed he left us too, and I agree he seems a bit of a tool irl, but it's time to move on. The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. Lets relegate him to obscurity. He'll be as big a loss as Hayden Crozier or Darcy Tucker.

Ok ok we've had our fun. Can we lock this now and move all banter it to the former players thread? Someone will soon take this too far, if it hasn't already.

I'm pissed he left us too, and I agree he seems a bit of a tool irl, but it's time to move on. The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. Lets relegate him to obscurity. He'll be as big a loss as Hayden Crozier or Darcy Tucker.
While I agree with the sentiment, we try to avoid locking these threads where we can. I'll take the chance to do this while at the top of the board but if people just stopped replying it would die.

I do heavily agree that some of the "critique" is starting to push the limit a bit

I'm up to speed now. It was an aptly juicy quote you used. Unfortunately I'm only familiar with Hamlet and Macbeth (and by familiar I mean they were covered in my highschool English lit class 25 years ago and I was a so so lit student). My Romeo and Juliet knowledge extends as far as the soundtrack, the dire straits song and rap battles.

Last edited:
His move seems to be based on lifestyle more than anything & it's hard to begrudge a young fella wanting to chase the bright lights of Melbourne. It's something as a Perth based team we obviously just can't compete with if that's what a player wants.
With all due respect to the Saints he's not going to get the exciting footy atmosphere he seeks playing for them but off the field he might find what he's looking for.
Get the feeling the fact he's been at the club since such a young age contributes to his desire to chase a change of scenery- especially given the fact he's not been able to find the consistent form required for AFL as yet.

Every time a player leaves during trade period their worth is completely overblown for some reason & it happened majorly with Liam so I think the reality of his capabilities is going to lead to some disappointment for Saints fans unless he can really turn things around. Bit surprised they chased him given their list considering he struggled to get a gig for us- even with our lack of depth in that position- but that is now for them to figure out I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back