• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor kid was devestated being drafted by the orange team.
Finally back at a proper footy club.
Welcome young fella, can't wait to see him play 250 great games for the Cats.

I’ve been looking into this.

He was very quick to say that he was okay with it and that came after speaking with Leon Cameron.

Put yourself in his shoes. You are 18, never lived away from home, and the first step in your career is to find out you are moving 1000km to live and work with 40 people you have barely or never met. I think you can have a little leeway as to how you react in the immediate moments afterwards

I’ve been looking into this.

He was very quick to say that he was okay with it and that came after speaking with Leon Cameron.

Put yourself in his shoes. You are 18, never lived away from home, and the first step in your career is to find out you are moving 1000km to live and work with 40 people you have barely or never met. I think you can have a little leeway as to how you react in the immediate moments afterwards
so not like all the young Aussies I used to run into in Eur who were on extended walkabouts? :)

Do these young players not get around to the far reaches of their home states at least? American kids aren't so closeted as young athletes. The elite ones often chose colleges far from home to play at. And now the top ones get paid well there also. lol

The main reason I love this trade isn't so much Tanner himself though he's no slouch. It's the number of guys that would have played juniors with him. Here a nucleus:

FP FF FP
HF CHF O. Henry*
W Stephens Knevitt
HB CHB HB
BP FB BP
Conway Bruhn Whyte

you can't buy that kind of cohesion in a group of kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an article on the Cats website detailing Bruhn's trade. I reckon it's pretty good of the Cats to give us an insight into Tanner himself as a person, rather than just as a footballer....can't help but feel he's one of us already :)View attachment 1529552

He’ll be a full on carnivore in 2 month after being back in Geelong. Few of those boys love a meat tray.

Is this true though? He is a grammar boy, no idea if he was a boarder or a day student, most students are boarders, but even as a day student, he would have gone to Timbertop. What you described is the experience of many grammar kids.

Is this true though? He is a grammar boy, no idea if he was a boarder or a day student, most students are boarders, but even as a day student, he would have gone to Timbertop. What you described is the experience of many grammar kids.

Yeah moving interstate is somewhat different and at any rate - who’s to say when he went to boarding school he didn’t feel exactly the same way? I moved away for year 11 and 12, albeit to my sister’s place a few hours away.

When I started the next year at uni in another town still only 2 hours away from my home, I was utterly terrified

Good for you Tanner, now you can settle into your footy career at home of course, playing for the Cats.

Would’ve liked to have seen Stewart Dew in the hoops in 08

69c5d189e26c3de602ff34c5b820a84d

He’s a local kid. I’m fairly certain he got a sporting scholarship to attend Grammar post Timbertop years. Timbertop is only Y9.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back