Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to wonder what the narrative would be from old Clickbait had we actually got over Port with half our best side missing. Would that make him the best coach in the business for pulling off such a performance? Of course it wouldn't.

Haven't seen the post match presser, but I believe Yze was a bit more disappointed with the result, given the first 3 quarters showed so much.

That alone would suggest that Yze is expecting more from the group despite the circumstances and that free passes no longer apply.
Yze specifically mentioned that our fans would be proud with our efforts up until 3qtr time and that was the part of the press conference Cornes had issue with

I find it odd because as a fan those are my exact feelings
I am proud of how we played up until 3qtr time and I suspect most fans feel exactly the same

Yze specifically mentioned that our fans would be proud with our efforts up until 3qtr time and that was the part of the press conference Cornes had issue with

I am proud of how we played up until 3qtr time and I suspect most fans feel exactly the same

Kane is a feckless moron.

Yze said exactly what Kane wanted him to say, that we need to get better.

The other thing is those stats that Kane is using, they're stats from the end of the game, after Port had 1 quarter where they had the game on their terms.

In the first 3 quarters we were within 3 goals for most of that time, and that's without a functional forward line and 1/3 of the side having less than 20 games to their names.

Wait so Yze is meant to not be happy when we kick great team goals? Keeping ourselves in the contest in a tight game?

If it was in the 4th qtr I would understand the criticism but it wasn’t
Yep. I'm not saying Cornes isn't right. I'm just saying he wouldn't have a ****ing clue what goes on all week. If someone that would have investigated a matter first said it I'd give more weight.

I think yze would make a reasonable development coach just needs to be told you are here to build the next premiership side and not try and scrounge out as many wins short term as he can by playing oldies or players that dont fit the future side .

Kane is a feckless moron.

Yze said exactly what Kane wanted him to say, that we need to get better.

The other thing is those stats that Kane is using, they're stats from the end of the game, after Port had 1 quarter where they had the game on their terms.

In the first 3 quarters we were within 3 goals for most of that time, and that's without a functional forward line and 1/3 of the side having less than 20 games to their names.
Cornes wants more players dropped. Fair enough, me too. The way we won't drop players to the VFL is now 3/4 of a season on Yze. Sonz and others not good enough, needs a break. Looks like Yze wants to minimize changes to the 22. Not go Luke Beverage on the place

Graham & Taranto are our big tacklers. Missed last night.

Having a dig at the club for the Martin situation, if the golf rumour is true ~ 3 weeks off to work on his backswing. See what happens.

"I want a coach, not a cheerleader"

1. Like when you had Hinkley Kane? That's all Hinkley does, at least Yze coaches.
2. What coach isn't happy when the team/a player does something good.

What does he want him to do? walk around with a look of disgust on his face?

"I want a coach, not a cheerleader"

1. Like when you had Hinkley Kane? That's all Hinkley does, at least Yze coaches.
2. What coach isn't happy when the team/a player does something good.

What does he want him to do? walk around with a look of disgust on his face?
hinkley hugs and smooches the players

Cornes wouldnt know shit. He's using a couple of clips from the bench I'm assuming (don't watch that bumbling baffoon)
Does Karen watch the 12 year Buffon on the other bench

Ehh im not gonna get into him about his behaviour on the bench last night as I don’t care for it, it’s irrelevant to the teams performance

The game was there to be won, Nank went down, Balta should’ve been moved into the ruck, but was kept back getting smashed by his opponent & offering the team **** all

When the margin got out to 3 goals, we played like a team trying to stop a blowout, needed goals, didn’t even try to get one

His in game coaching is poor, to say the team performed well, would be wrong, they scored 16.20, we were smashed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gez some quick to point the finger and impatient. For 3 quarters kids did well. Again understandably they go in and out in games and play patches that's part of rebuilding . How about we focus on Short,Broad and Macca and few more of his senior mates and their brain fades or missing in action.

Gez some quick to point the finger and impatient. For 3 quarters kids did well. Again understandably they go in and out in games and play patches that's part of rebuilding . How about we focus on Short,Broad and Macca and few more of his senior mates and their brain fades or missing in action.
This has been since the practice matches, so it's on Yze and the MC as they've only dropped KMac all year. He's the coach and he's had ample time and sufficient replacements all year. Smith should've had a dozen games under his belt and would've passed Short steps by now. I can go on, but this has been done to death all year and it's another issue with Yze and supports the KORNES argument of being a big buddy with Senior players.

Who told me "the ummmmms" are not a repeating issue? This presser is riddled with them. I genuinely like Adem & he is the kind of guy i want to see succeed, but you cant be saying ummm 10-15 times a minute.

Havent watched the game as away, but the presser i thought his answers were ok-ish & he seemed a bit more assertive & sure, but not overly convincing.

Im going to try and keep my judgement on him till the off-season & keep my aim on "everyone else" at the club, as quite frankly, they are performing shithouse in supporting this bloke & providing anything to make the team better. What enviroment are they creating for this guy to learn on the job? Its appaulling.

I dont like Dimma much post 2020, but you have to wonder if hus narrarives were running thte oint more than we thought. The whole club looks defeated. Dusty is a legend, but what the actual ****? Is he Ben Simmons now? Clearly wanting out, sulking, performing in small spurts or not at all, & now has a 'back injury" & going on mid-season holidays & being paid like a AFL 1%erz - what a lousy bullshit closer after 90k turnred up a few weeks ago.

Since Dimma left they all look like the wind has been sucked out of their collectives asses. Who here looks like they want to be accountable for "what happens next?" For all the woke bromance shit the club has fallen into a heap of shit & incapable of makkng decisìons or having any persomality at all. Its hard to believe Balmes role was either tapped out, or made lesser, & they now have no one speakimg with passion for the place? Adem has been her 5 minutes, none of this shit is his mess - help him out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes wants more players dropped. Fair enough, me too. The way we won't drop players to the VFL is now 3/4 of a season on Yze. Sonz and others not good enough, needs a break. Looks like Yze wants to minimize changes to the 22. Not go Luke Beverage on the place

Graham & Taranto are our big tacklers. Missed last night.

Having a dig at the club for the Martin situation, if the golf rumour is true ~ 3 weeks off to work on his backswing. See what happens.
We had 28 fit players this week, Nankervis is now in concussion protocols as is OHB & Ryan has an ankle concern. We could effectively field a stand alone VFL side this weekend with everyone else playing seniors.

Not sure how we're supposed to drop players in this situation

**** off karen kornes

Ehh im not gonna get into him about his behaviour on the bench last night as I don’t care for it, it’s irrelevant to the teams performance

The game was there to be won, Nank went down, Balta should’ve been moved into the ruck, but was kept back getting smashed by his opponent & offering the team **** all

When the margin got out to 3 goals, we played like a team trying to stop a blowout, needed goals, didn’t even try to get one

His in game coaching is poor, to say the team performed well, would be wrong, they scored 16.20, we were smashed

They kicked 4.8 in the last quarter when they had all the play going their way. We were still trying to attack, but in doing so left ourselves open to the rebound.

Dimma should of been gone in 2016 and well before according to quite a few including some who are shooting Yze down

Looking for easy solutions to complex issues and derailing long term plans before they even get a chance to be seen into action
It’s an interesting one.
I too wanted him gone.
The success he had afterwards though, while magnificent, is the exception rather than the normal.

This has been since the practice matches, so it's on Yze and the MC as they've only dropped KMac all year. He's the coach and he's had ample time and sufficient replacements all year. Smith should've had a dozen games under his belt and would've passed Short steps by now. I can go on, but this has been done to death all year and it's another issue with Yze and supports the KORNES argument of being a big buddy with Senior players.
To a extent I agree few points tho
Need experience in the side ,not all kids and injuries that's been a problem. Lucky we had 4 blokes fit in the vfl your limited to. That doesnt exuse them through. I have mentioned this before everyone was on a clean page this season decisions will happen end of year. Macca has been dropped also. Short I 💯 agree with you. He has played the kids plenty of them just need to clean up end of year the veterans.

Yze has improved alot of the kids not many give him credit here some had their papers stamped Miller, Hugo, Brown, Rioli junior looked good, Campbell, Lefau etc. His a first year rookie coach his going to make mistakes. As I have said number of times don't pin it only on Yze look at the bigger picture above him also football department as a whole. Get the best people around him.

To a extent I agree few points tho
Need experience in the side ,not all kids and injuries that's been a problem. Lucky we had 4 blokes fit in the vfl your limited to. That doesnt exuse them through. I have mentioned this before everyone was on a clean page this season decisions will happen end of year. Macca has been dropped also. Short I 💯 agree with you. He has played the kids plenty of them just need to clean up end of year the veterans.

Yze has improved alot of the kids not many give him credit here some had their papers stamped Miller, Hugo, Brown, Rioli junior looked good, Campbell, Lefau etc. His a first year rookie coach his going to make mistakes. As I have said number of times don't pin it only on Yze look at the bigger picture above him also football department as a whole. Get the best people around him.
Miller was played out of position all last year and was always going to go back to 22 form once he was played in his correct position. So not Yze here as he was in the VFL until Young and Grimes went down.
Brown was injured up to early last year , but mini refused to play him until the last round , but the majority could see he was best 22 . No Yze here.
MRJ was always going to take time.
HRS has definitely come on, but was still in the VFL until injuries arrived.
Campbell we give to him as he backed him in.
LeFau got added bc of a need for Tall Forwards and came in bc of injuries. I think by observing Yze's team selections most of those guys would be rotting in the VFL had we not had the injuries. Maccas still the only senior player dropped.
IF Martin, Grimes, jgti, hopper, TT, Lynch, Ross , Young , Pickett and Gibcus were all available most of those names wouldn't have played.

Miller was played out of position all last year and was always going to go back to 22 form once he was played in his correct position. So not Yze here as he was in the VFL until Young and Grimes went down.
Brown was injured up to early last year , but mini refused to play him until the last round , but the majority could see he was best 22 . No Yze here.
MRJ was always going to take time.
HRS has definitely come on, but was still in the VFL until injuries arrived.
Campbell we give to him as he backed him in.
LeFau got added bc of a need for Tall Forwards and came in bc of injuries. I think by observing Yze's team selections most of those guys would be rotting in the VFL had we not had the injuries. Maccas still the only senior player dropped.
IF Martin, Grimes, jgti, hopper, TT, Lynch, Ross , Young , Pickett and Gibcus were all available most of those names wouldn't have played.
Your talking hypothetically. If senior players available etc they wouldn't have played and still in vfl. A few boys just like Hugo we're made to work on their weaknesses in the vfl and then come into the senior side once they improved nothing wrong in that.The fact is neither both previous coaches played kids or if they did out of position.

Those names you mentioned would have played most a best 22 Lynch, Gibcus, Hopper,Taranto Ross there not plodders mate not sure where your going there and alot in our future.

Your talking hypothetically. If senior players available etc they wouldn't have played and still in vfl. A few boys just like Hugo we're made to work on their weaknesses in the vfl and then come into the senior side once they improved nothing wrong in that.The fact is neither both previous coaches played kids or if they did out of position.

Those names you mentioned would have played most a best 22 Lynch, Gibcus, Hopper,Taranto Ross there not plodders mate not sure where your going there and alot in our future.
No gaps opened up bc of injury. Kmac is the proof. Nothing to do with Yze. He was basically nearly playing the same team as Dimma and mini with no look into the future. I’m not blowing smoke up Yze’s arse until I see another year of him . This year he’s been given a loss to me so he’s coming now from a negative situation than when he first arrived.

Dimma should of been gone in 2016 and well before according to quite a few including some who are shooting Yze down

Looking for easy solutions to complex issues and derailing long term plans before they even get a chance to be seen into action

Of course he should’ve been gone in 2016

No supporter can sit there following the previous 3 seasons and say the bloke should’ve been coach in 2017

Of course he should’ve been gone in 2016

No supporter can sit there following the previous 3 seasons and say the bloke should’ve been coach in 2017

We didn't play that badly, we just choked in finals.

He did a pretty good job to get us to finals contention so quickly, it would have been totally unrealistic for us to a expect a flag in those years when we simply weren't ready.

The issue is pretty simple & it’s not Yze’s fault.

Injuries to senior players & having to play the kids (not a bad thing long term) means we can’t sustain our competitive pressure for 4 quarters and we inevitably fade in the second halves.

I’ll start from round 7 where it’s a good place to kick off.

Scores inclusive of Q3 & Q4.

Us 2.6 v Melbourne 10.2 (Lost by 43)

Us 5.6 v Freo 9.5 (Lost by 54)

Us 3.4 v Dogs 10.6 (lost by 91)

Us 4.2 v Lions 13.2 (lost by 119)

Us 4.7 v Essendon 5.7 (lost by 12)

Us 3.2 v Cats 10.6 (lost by 30)

Us 7.2 v Crows 5.5 (won by 8)

Us 2.8 v Hawks 7.7 (lost by 48)

Us 4.8 v Carlton 13.3 (lost by 61)

Us 4.7 v Freo 9.4 (lost by 51)

Us 6.5 v GWS 8.2 (lost by 24)

Us 5.3 v Port 9.12 (lost by 41)

Quiet simply he doesn't have the cattle to complete 3 let alone 4 quarters.
All it takes is a few weak links in the chain and it can fall apart pretty quickly.
More often than not we are ultra defensive in Q4 as we simply run out of legs and can barely mount an attack in our forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back