Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

I said from the start I am not judging Yze in the first season.

However, I will be judging him more harshly in season 2 regardless of if we get injuries again next season it's why you get games into young players to take you forward.

Fact he is still keeping Pickett & Macca around tread carefully...

I said from the start I am not judging Yze in the first season.

However, I will be judging him more harshly in season 2 regardless of if we get injuries again next season it's why you get games into young players to take you forward.

Fact he is still keeping Pickett & Macca around tread carefully...
I dont see Pickett and Mcintosh in the side for much longer, once the injured players returned.

Agree with most of that and this year is really all about looking at your list. Just disappointing though that he hasn’t worked out that around six blokes should not play again. The year would be a shamble for any coach let alone a first year coach.
Yeah, just play all the juniors and cop 10 goal thrashings on a weekly basis. Sorry TI, he’s severely hamstring by the injury epidemic and deserves some slack.
You can’t play kids all the time, even McAuliffe, whose body won’t take being pounded in his best inside mid position weekly. We need the bigger bodied experienced players in the side, as we have no one else really.
As a few have said, the off season list changes are what are going to grab my attention. Will say a lot about the direction he, Blair etc want to take. And we should have the draft hand to transform the list.

Yeah, just play all the juniors and cop 10 goal thrashings on a weekly basis. Sorry TI, he’s severely hamstring by the injury epidemic and deserves some slack.
You can’t play kids all the time, even McAuliffe, whose body won’t take being pounded in his best inside mid position weekly. We need the bigger bodied experienced players in the side, as we have no one else really.
As a few have said, the off season list changes are what are going to grab my attention. Will say a lot about the direction he, Blair etc want to take. And we should have the draft hand to transform the list.
I'm expecting to see us lose Martin Grimes Pickett Prestia McIntosh Graham & Baker at seasons end, which will in some ways aid getting the balance right between experience and youth as we look to develop our next premiership contending list. This years off season is going to be the biggest at the club since 2016

I'm expecting to see us lose Martin Grimes Pickett Prestia McIntosh Graham & Baker at seasons end, which will in some ways aid getting the balance right between experience and youth as we look to develop our next premiership contending list. This years off season is going to be the biggest at the club since 2016
Don’t necessarily agree with all of the departures you’ve outlined but I totally agree that it’s going to be a huge off season.

Spot on, have to have some leadership out there. Play the kids before they are ready could cause more injuries.

We were copping those losses with the senior guys in last year and early on this year . Campbell was the only kid we played last week. Every other player had been on an AFL list for at least three years and two were mature aged. It’s a cop out and an excuse that the juniors will cop a pounding as in general most have been terrific. It’s our next generation senior players who are letting the team down in Bolton inconsistent , Short panic merchant, Baker inconsistent, Dan inconsistent, Nankervis horrible leadership , Broad terrible and of the senior golden oldies :

Pickett shithouse and a turnover merchant
Kmac shithouse and embarrassing Yze every time he runs out
Martin terrific , but runs out of steam and has zero defensive ability,
Grimes hilarious he hasn’t pulled the pin . Plays like he’s had two bottles of red before the game.
When JGTi comes in see Pickett as well as slow as a wet week
Naismith lol
Kosi lol

Of the juniors with three years or more experience plus mature age players

Dow delist see his thread and more a blight on the MC he gets games
Banks a bit like Dow , but some hope and gets another year , but needs to build through the vfl.
Miller excellent
Young good to very good
HRS very good
LeFau excellent
Brown very good.
Sonsie building nicely and will be A grade material. Hasn’t been backed in by the gross incompetence of talent recognition by two sacked AFL coaches and a current yes man coach.

So who is actually letting the team down just looking at every individual?
It’s a myth what you’re telling us and all the sheep that are echoing your thoughts. Whether we lose by 10 goals or more is irrelevant as Dimma didn’t care in 2010 nor now in 2024 as he knew the only way up was to look at your entire list and weed them out. He failed in 2016 bc he then went to your mentality and resorted to the battlers and old deadwood.
In 2010 by mid season we started to show some serious signs of improvement and I’m sure the same would happen if we would just weed out a few guys like Kmac, Pickett, Naismith and Grimes. It’s not the big drastic bullshit drama you’re making it out to be. The real problem in the playing group is the guys after the jets who are senior players that have let us down badly and not the so called juniors. Since so many are down it’s put a massive workload on Baker, Flossy, Bolton and Dan.
Flossy the genuine seasoned and tough bastard he is has been the only bloke who has stood up all season.
The others just get hammered by the opposition bc of the amount of passengers mentioned and are eventually worn down.

Last edited:
Spot on, have to have some leadership out there. Play the kids before they are ready could cause more injuries.
And to their confidence...you need a few seniors around to keep reinforcing to the youngsters efforts....regardless of the beltings there's always a bright side...chin up!

We were copping those losses with the senior guys in last year and early on this year . Campbell was the only kid we played last week. Every other player had been on an AFL list for at least three years and two were mature aged. It’s a cop out and an excuse that the juniors will cop a pounding as in general most have been terrific. It’s our next generation senior players who are letting the team down in Bolton inconsistent , Short panic merchant, Baker inconsistent, Dan inconsistent, Nankervis horrible leadership , Broad terrible and of the senior golden oldies :

Pickett shithouse and a turnover merchant
Kmac shithouse and embarrassing Yze every time he runs out
Martin terrific , but runs out of steam and has zero defensive ability,
Grimes hilarious he hasn’t pulled the pin . Plays like he’s had two bottles of red before the game.
When JGTi comes in see Pickett as well as slow as a wet week
Naismith lol
Kosi lol

Of the juniors with three years or more experience plus mature age players

Dow delist see his thread and more a blight on the MC he gets games
Banks a bit like Dow , but some hope and gets another year , but needs to build through the vfl.
Miller excellent
Young good to very good
HRS very good
LeFau excellent
Brown very good.
Sonsie building nicely and will be A grade material. Hasn’t been backed in by the gross incompetence of talent recognition by two sacked AFL coaches and a current yes man coach.

So who is actually letting the team down just looking at every individual?
It’s a myth what you’re telling us and all the sheep that are echoing your thoughts. Whether we lose by 10 goals or more is irrelevant as Dimma didn’t care in 2010 nor now in 2024 as he knew the only way up was to look at your entire list and weed them out. He failed in 2016 bc he then went to your mentality and resorted to the battlers and old deadwood.
In 2010 by mid season we started to show some serious signs of improvement and I’m sure the same would happen if we would just weed out a few guys like Kmac, Pickett, Naismith and Grimes. It’s not the big drastic bullshit drama you’re making it out to be. The real problem in the playing group is the guys after the jets who are senior players that have let us down badly and not the so called juniors. Since so many are down it’s put a massive workload on Baker, Flossy, Bolton and Dan.
Flossy the genuine seasoned and tough bastard he is has been the only bloke who has stood up all season.
The others just get hammered by the opposition bc of the amount of passengers mentioned and are eventually worn down.
Accept what you’re saying but with the injured player list we have, who do you bring in? No option at the moment other than to play the players we selected last week. Ryan instead of Naismith perhaps but then what? McAuliffe had not played for 2 weeks, Green? Cumberland who’d been average? Tough gig at the moment

Accept what you’re saying but with the injured player list we have, who do you bring in? No option at the moment other than to play the players we selected last week. Ryan instead of Naismith perhaps but then what? McAuliffe had not played for 2 weeks, Green? Cumberland who’d been average? Tough gig at the moment
i put this team up in the preview thread

Out: McIntosh Banks Naismith Campbell Mansell Grimes Dow
In: Prestia Ryan Balta McAuliffe Smith, Coulthard, NIWL

B: Miller Young Baker
HB Rioli Broad Vlastuin
C: Coulthard Prestia HRS
HF: M.Rioli Balta Bolton
F: Lefau Martin NIWL
R: Nankervis McAuliffe Sonsie
INT: Brown Ryan, Short, Smith
SUB: Pickett

I've replaced Campbell with Smith as a kid for a kid.

Naismith with Ryan as Ryan is not a kid anymore and his body is up to the rigours of AFL. Still needs more work, but he just has to play ahead of Naismith. Plus offers more as a forward also and Naismith was hardly sited the last 2 weeks.

Kmac2 for Dow as he's bigger , stronger and more attacking and better defensively than Dow. So a gain there.

Coulthard for Banks which both are at the same stage in their development.

Prestia for KMAC which means an automatic win as we have a genuine mid in and will be a great role model and support to KMAC2. Just need to hold Rosary beads that Prestia can get through the game.

Balta with Mansell as that's a massive win for our FL and Dusty and LeFau as we have been too short in the FL.

Cumberland for Grimes as we don't need that extra defender as he was doing nothing anyway, but just costing us goals . What we need is two hard running players out of the BL . Rioli is the class exit man go to player and Baker picks up the genuine small and can play tough guy on him and not a mid 10cm taller than him where he was chewed up and spat out last week. Short backs these two guys up , but will need to show some physicality this week and keep his feet as he's been terrible for a while now. A tackle would always be nice by him , but that might be asking for a bit too much.

Based on all of that i think we have an 8-10 goal better side this week and expect us to boot 13-15 goals and possibly pull out a win. Not confident still , but more hopeful that we will surpass the insipid 5 and 6 goal performances i've witnessed recently.

i put this team up in the preview thread

Out: McIntosh Banks Naismith Campbell Mansell Grimes Dow
In: Prestia Ryan Balta McAuliffe Smith, Coulthard, NIWL

B: Miller Young Baker
HB Rioli Broad Vlastuin
C: Coulthard Prestia HRS
HF: M.Rioli Balta Bolton
F: Lefau Martin NIWL
R: Nankervis McAuliffe Sonsie
INT: Brown Ryan, Short, Smith
SUB: Pickett

I've replaced Campbell with Smith as a kid for a kid.

Naismith with Ryan as Ryan is not a kid anymore and his body is up to the rigours of AFL. Still needs more work, but he just has to play ahead of Naismith. Plus offers more as a forward also and Naismith was hardly sited the last 2 weeks.

Kmac2 for Dow as he's bigger , stronger and more attacking and better defensively than Dow. So a gain there.

Coulthard for Banks which both are at the same stage in their development.

Prestia for KMAC which means an automatic win as we have a genuine mid in and will be a great role model and support to KMAC2. Just need to hold Rosary beads that Prestia can get through the game.

Balta with Mansell as that's a massive win for our FL and Dusty and LeFau as we have been too short in the FL.

Cumberland for Grimes as we don't need that extra defender as he was doing nothing anyway, but just costing us goals . What we need is two hard running players out of the BL . Rioli is the class exit man go to player and Baker picks up the genuine small and can play tough guy on him and not a mid 10cm taller than him where he was chewed up and spat out last week. Short backs these two guys up , but will need to show some physicality this week and keep his feet as he's been terrible for a while now. A tackle would always be nice by him , but that might be asking for a bit too much.

Based on all of that i think we have an 8-10 goal better side this week and expect us to boot 13-15 goals and possibly pull out a win. Not confident still , but more hopeful that we will surpass the insipid 5 and 6 goal performances i've witnessed recently.
Nice try TI 😉

Rioli (and Short) are no longer the best options for exiting defence ... Brown and Miller slippers are ... get Rioli and Short in positions where they can receive these outlet kicks and put it on a forwards chest ... or kick the long goal themselves

Nice try TI 😉

Rioli (and Short) are no longer the best options for exiting defence ... Brown and Miller slippers are ... get Rioli and Short in positions where they can receive these outlet kicks and put it on a forwards chest ... or kick the long goal themselves
NO as Miller isn't evasive and quick enough for the smaller forwards and neither is Bown. You still need that classy smaller guy to accelerate out with cleanliness and I rate Rioli at that. Short is better as you say, but he can rotate with Dan. The two guys you mentioned are great when they are freed up to do that , but atm that's beyond reality with our mf issues.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO as Miller isn't evasive and quick enough for the smaller forwards and neither is Bown. You still need that classy smaller guy to accelerate out with cleanliness and I rate Rioli at that. Short is better as you say, but he can rotate with Dan. The two guys you mentioned are great when they are freed up to do that , but atm that's beyond reality with our mf issues.
Mate ... is it okay if I come at with you with a fact? ...

Miller ranked 1 at the Combine for agility and 4 for 20m sprint ... aren't they the tests for evasive and quick?

Mate ... is it okay if I come at with you with a fact? ...

Miller ranked 1 at the Combine for agility and 4 for 20m sprint ... aren't they the tests for evasive and quick?
I agree, but that's not what i'm saying . If ball is coming into our BL as often Miller is constantly forced to defend aerially first against his opponent so we need guys at ground level to pick up and release as more often than not he's not in a position to do so. You can give me all the stats you want, but they are useless if they don't apply often enough to the scenario

I agree, but that's not what i'm saying . If ball is coming into our BL as often Miller is constantly forced to defend aerially first against his opponent so we need guys at ground level to pick up and release as more often than not he's not in a position to do so. You can give me all the stats you want, but they are useless if they don't apply often enough to the scenario
That's a midfield issue not a backline one ... Prestia, Hopper, Ross and Taranto to return

That's a midfield issue not a backline one ... Prestia, Hopper, Ross and Taranto to return
Which is what i'm telling you and BL is under pump bc of a pop gun midfield. Those names still don't excite me as none are tru A graders or elite and they're all relatively slow . Three of the four are ball butchers, but at least they can put some pressure in the guts and minimise the damage .

He doesn't really show it on field though, does he.
I don't know. I think he's easily the most agile big guy we've got. Probably the best user of the ball of our big guys too. So I'm comparing him with Nank, Lynch, Balta, Young, Naismith and Kosi.

That midfield lost us 2 games of football. Partially due to Prestia being selected off a 5 day break. FMD . Hopper has limited durability. Between him and Taranto we'll get one players worth of games over their careers.

Miller's agilityv testing was unbeluievable taking in to account his size.. Also quicker that GWS' Brent Daniels in the 20m sprint View attachment 1983525
I like Miller and lovely to know he's quick, but he's a KPD in a backline conceding 13, 15 & 16 goals last few games

Prestia & Graham back in the side should help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back