Coach Adem Yze - Will he be given enough time?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are missing the point of this thread. As said in the OP I am an Yze fan but with the list build it seems that, without trading in or getting an FA, our list is going to get younger and more inexperienced at the end of this year and next year.

Unfortunately people want to see year on year success and I don't think that is actually feasible with Yze until about year 3 of his tenure as that will be the time his squad will start to mature again. I worry that we will be quick to sack him because it is 2026 and we are still 10 - 17 but in that time we have turned the list over and are starting to develop roots.
For Yze to be in trouble in 2026, things would need to go incredibly bad from here. If our record was say 2-8 10 weeks into 2026 and we had a healthy list, then questions would be asked.

However I see this year being a blessing for Yzes coaching tenure. He's getting a legit head start on developing the next generation of players because he has been forced to play them due to the injury crisis. Had we not been in this situation it's quite like that we'd have seen very few kids getting a run as Yze looked to push for wins.

I believe that Yze has brought in to the idea of using this year as ground zero in terms of rebuilding the list. He is getting a really good look at the entire list while they're playing at AFL level. We will have a very good draft hand and can be aggressive with list management decisions as a result, that will allow us to turn over the list quickly. That's why I'm quite excited about the remainder of this year and how things look heading into 2025.

This year MUST be the time to rip the bandaid off and let go of some of the great club servants we have. We will thank them for everything they have contributed to our relatively recent success and like all good clubs should do move beyond the "old glory days" if we want to be successful again. If not we wont unearth the next wave that we need and we will be stuck in no mans land.

For Yze to be in trouble in 2026, things would need to go incredibly bad from here. If our record was say 2-8 10 weeks into 2026 and we had a healthy list, then questions would be asked.

However I see this year being a blessing for Yzes coaching tenure. He's getting a legit head start on developing the next generation of players because he has been forced to play them due to the injury crisis. Had we not been in this situation it's quite like that we'd have seen very few kids getting a run as Yze looked to push for wins.

I believe that Yze has brought in to the idea of using this year as ground zero in terms of rebuilding the list. He is getting a really good look at the entire list while they're playing at AFL level. We will have a very good draft hand and can be aggressive with list management decisions as a result, that will allow us to turn over the list quickly. That's why I'm quite excited about the remainder of this year and how things look heading into 2025.
what next generation ? there's about five decent kids and decent in the Bolton age group and a couple may leave. We need to find 10-15 players before that even happens, He's that far away from DH 2010 it's not funny.

Not many coaches make it all the way starting with a rebuild.
Hardwick wasn’t the one who landed Cotch, Martin, Reiwoldt, Rance, Edwards, Astbury.
So the odds are against him but I do think he’ll be given enough time.

Seeing just how many players are outve contract at the end of the year it’s obvious the club, FD have lined up this year as crunch time for the list.
Some experienced players should be told to look at other offers now.
With 13 (?) games to go
Samson Ryan should be given at least
6 then a decision made on him this year.
Journey men Ruckmen aren’t that difficult to find as depth but tall marking forwards are.
We have Kosi till the end of 26, Balta, Lefau, Bauer and whatever we get outve Lynch.

I’d like to see him move on
Graham
Prestia
Mcintosh
Cumberland
Broad
Pickett

He was tapped on the shoulder as a player and didn’t want to retire.

This year MUST be the time to rip the bandaid off and let go of some of the great club servants we have. We will thank them for everything they have contributed to our relatively recent success and like all good clubs should do move beyond the "old glory days" if we want to be successful again. If not we wont unearth the next wave that we need and we will be stuck in no mans land.
Yze pitch to win the job was live in the past, die in the future.
He’s therefore well aware of the need to transition, and before I’m hit with “but he’s playing the old players”, well, what choice has he had with the injuries and resultant disruption we’ve been dealing with?
Sure, could have made a few more changes but if those at VFL level, and there were only 5 on the past weekend, aren’t playing well enough to get a call up, he’s doing the right thing not rewarding players not in form. The 5 were Cumberland, Coulthard, Clarke, Naismith and Ryan. Who plays out of them taking into account team structure? All well and good to bag selection but choice is limited to say the least.
This is the year he and the coaches/List Manager evaluate the players we have on the list. I think there’ll be plenty of changes come year end and we just have to suck it up this year as we ain’t playing finals with the injury list we’ve been confronted with.
He could be a better coach than Dimma in my view, but no guarantee we win 3 flags as a result.

We are worse off if you haven't worked it out yet.

That’s right. The Hardwick period from 2013-2016 was disappointing because we had a lot of talent but lacked consistency, including turning in some shocking performances in big games. Then, by the time our success came, many of our best players were teetering on veteran status and, at the same time, the good draft picks dried up. Then there’s the Hopper/Taranto debacle. It’s no wonder that we’re now in a pickle and Yze’ll need to work miracles to fix it.

Plus dimma also had a fit lynch and lambert in his side during our peak

We need some good draft picks
All through that period we selected very well.
Houli
Grigga
Not too mention
Nank/Meatball & Cadds.
What a time to be alive

That’s right. The Hardwick period from 2013-2016 was disappointing because we had a lot of talent but lacked consistency, including turning in some shocking performances in big games. Then, by the time our success came, many of our best players were teetering on veteran status and, at the same time, the good draft picks dried up. Then there’s the Hopper/Taranto debacle. It’s no wonder that we’re now in a pickle and Yze’ll need to work miracles to fix it.
Sunday showed us without TT & Hopper how bad we would be week in week out.

I reckon Yze will get enough time. We're playing pretty competitively aside from certain quarter fades and putting in new players. A lot of our younger players have shown glimpses, which makes me pretty happy that we have a good core to take us forward. We'll get some great draft pick ups this year based on our draft hand/likely final position. In all, I think we'd have a pretty competitive side in the next 2 seasons (unsure of Yze's contract length but I think he'd meet a lot of KPIs). Obviously, we do need to add some top line talent in either through draft or trade to truly challenge. But again, think the foundations of a strong list are there.

We are worse off if you haven't worked it out yet.

he’s been there comparatively two minutes. been left with an ageing list and beset by injuries, especially to key players. if you haven’t worked it out. nuffies gave it to dimma in his early years. give the bloke a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he’s been there comparatively two minutes. been left with an ageing list and beset by injuries, especially to key players. if you haven’t worked it out. nuffies gave it to dimma in his early years. give the bloke a chance.
You’re missing the point again. Nobody has said he’s going to be sacked or not giving him a chance, but you.

I remember Dimma given a slight aging list and got rid of Brown & Coughlan and delisted a shit load, followed by Richo retiring.

Difference is he already had Jack, Cotchin, Rance, Lids, Edwards followed by drafting Dusty and Astbury.

Yze doesn't have that luxury but after this years draft, who knows.

I remember Dimma given a slight aging list and got rid of Brown & Coughlan and delisted a s**t load, followed by Richo retiring.

Difference is he already had Jack, Cotchin, Rance, Lids, Edwards followed by drafting Dusty and Astbury.

Yze doesn't have that luxury but after this years draft, who knows.
Someone gets it. 😂

Yze pitch to win the job was live in the past, die in the future.
He’s therefore well aware of the need to transition, and before I’m hit with “but he’s playing the old players”, well, what choice has he had with the injuries and resultant disruption we’ve been dealing with?
Sure, could have made a few more changes but if those at VFL level, and there were only 5 on the past weekend, aren’t playing well enough to get a call up, he’s doing the right thing not rewarding players not in form. The 5 were Cumberland, Coulthard, Clarke, Naismith and Ryan. Who plays out of them taking into account team structure? All well and good to bag selection but choice is limited to say the least.
This is the year he and the coaches/List Manager evaluate the players we have on the list. I think there’ll be plenty of changes come year end and we just have to suck it up this year as we ain’t playing finals with the injury list we’ve been confronted with.
He could be a better coach than Dimma in my view, but no guarantee we win 3 flags as a result.
A lot has to go right to win a premiership, and everything has to go right to win 3 in 4 years.
We were blessed with the right squad, coach, Benny and Peg, culture, crowd support, vibe and chili sauce.

Will be Adam's biggest challenge and you know what? I think moving forwards we will be better for it.

At least we saw against the Eagles some forward marks on the lead (Lefau) or at least from being in front and on the move (Jnr) instead of the slow high kick to the pocket. Maybe luck, maybe coaching instructions. Next few matches will show which.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back