Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn’t have a speech disorder ffs as if he did he wouldn’t be an AFL coach . A speech disorder is bugs bunny stuff.

I don't think he has a speech disorder TI.

But if he did, why would that rule him out of being an AFL coach?

Simon Goodwin has a lisp lol

Not at this level and it would’ve been well documented by now. I don’t see his ummmms more worse than most afl or nrl coaches. It’s hyped up bs and some people on here are pulling a short straw using that as leverage against him. His only speech difficulties he has are more in experience and confidence in engaging and dealing with the media. Maybe he could do the same Harvard course Hardwick completed.
Agree he needs training but to say a disorder should prevent someone from working I strongly disagree with lol. Plus the money on the grand stand we couldn’t afford to send him for that training ;) jk

Simon Goodwin has a lisp lol
I never ruled anyone out and this has just been overdone and he definitely doesn’t have a speech disorder. A lisp is trivial in comparison to being able to mutter words out to a team.

Simon Goodwin has a lisp
lol
That's not a disorder it's called

Cocaine

lol

I don't usually watch other coaches press conferences, but for comparison purposes I watched Longmires from last night.

Longmire is a premiership coach, x2 runner up and has had his team mostly contending over the past 12 or so years.

His press conference? He was so shocked he could barely string a sentence together, just had no answer. Lots of uhms as well.

This is Yze most weeks and on top of that, Yze is not experience in front of the media like Longmmire is.

So people should give him a break regarding his press conferences. If an experienced operater like Longmire struggled, how do we expect a first year coach to be a wordsmith?
you know you are chomping on the uncooked popcorn kernels when you get this desperate😂

you know you are chomping on the uncooked popcorn kernels when you get this desperate😂

I typically listen into coaches pressers if they get smashed like that out of curiosity, don’t wanna miss any Bevo like tantrums you know. Its nothing huge

This is rich coming from a guy who went through the trouble or counting how many uhms he said :p

Why couldn’t one coach or do any job for that matter. That’s a weak excuse they can do any job anyone else can. As I said a friend of mine does it and it can be a disorder.

How about u actually prove he has a speech disorder mate?

In his over 2 decades if being a player/ coach ive heard no one, ever, make a comment about this crap until you lot started trying to make excuses for him or anyone else at the club doing a shit job

I typically listen into coaches pressers if they get smashed like that out of curiosity, don’t wanna miss any Bevo like tantrums you know. Its nothing huge

This is rich coming from a guy who went through the trouble or counting how many uhms he said :p
I counted them as people said i was exagerrating it & it was a "one off".

Thats how this joint works. You guys make baseless defences on anyone being critical about the club that makes your butt-lid puss & then i actually prove facts to shut you up for 5 seconds

No matter how Adem might talk, what he actually says is empty, shallow & not memorable.

Guy has waited his whole life to get this gig & is being as beige as ****. He needs to coach like he has nothing to lose as at tge moment, he is on a road to Geish-Town

How about u actually prove he has a speech disorder mate?

In his over 2 decades if being a player/ coach ive heard no one, ever, make a comment about this crap until you lot started trying to make excuses for him or anyone else at the club doing a shit job
Don’t have to prove anything. Not making excuses either. All available for everyone to see. Long injury list making player availability limited. Took over a list that many believed would struggle. First year as a coach with a CEO that is going. He should be given the full 3 years atleast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article on the use of the UM word and the bit i liked the most is the following snippet as it was how I looked at it.
I still think the longer stretching of the UUUUMMMM is a little worrying and I wouldn't mind Yze to doing some communication and confidence skills training as it could only be of assistance to him and the club. I'm not sure if anybody here has heard him address players during training, pregame, after games and other meetings as that would hold any truth to what people are suggesting. Is it just in front of the media THE ummmms pop up or communicating with players and other staff members as well? It's a massive difference and as i don't have evidence on the second concern then I'm unfit to comment.

This is where it gets interesting. Vocally, there is a big difference between how we say the relative short uh or er sound and the longer um, or em sound, in the case of Edinburgh and Aberdeen. (Try it for yourself. See how long you can hold em and um compared to er and uh.)

Linguistically, this difference in length is important.

Mark Liberman, professor of Linguistics and Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania, believes that we say the longer um sound when we’re trying to decide what to say, and the shorter uh sound (or the British equivalent er) when we’re trying to decide how to say it.

Interesting article on the use of the UM word and the bit i liked the most is the following snippet as it was how I looked at it.
I still think the longer stretching of the UUUUMMMM is a little worrying and I wouldn't mind Yze to doing some communication and confidence skills training as it could only be of assistance to him and the club. I'm not sure if anybody here has heard him address players during training, pregame, after games and other meetings as that would hold any truth to what people are suggesting. Is it just in front of the media THE ummmms pop up or communicating with players and other staff members as well? It's a massive difference and as i don't have evidence on the second concern then I'm unfit to comment.

This is where it gets interesting. Vocally, there is a big difference between how we say the relative short uh or er sound and the longer um, or em sound, in the case of Edinburgh and Aberdeen. (Try it for yourself. See how long you can hold em and um compared to er and uh.)

Linguistically, this difference in length is important.

Mark Liberman, professor of Linguistics and Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania, believes that we say the longer um sound when we’re trying to decide what to say, and the shorter uh sound (or the British equivalent er) when we’re trying to decide how to say it.

super interesting....

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

He doesn’t have a speech disorder ffs as if he did he wouldn’t be an AFL coach . A speech disorder is bugs bunny stuff.
we need to get a speech therapist to get rid of the um's

should send email to the club, they seem completely off the planet at the moment the dumcampaigners

Can’t see the convo here due to ignore button but it sounds like people are ripping in to our coach because he says umm a fair bit in pressers.
FMD. Warriors with an agenda? Have a look at yourselves.
Maybe why you shouldn't put people on ignore and see the flow of conversation before you spook with your own agenda.

The only thing that has dissapointed me about Yze is that he hasnt dropped Short or at a minimum, played him in a different position.
He has shown he can kick long goals. Maybe move him fwd? If we have to keep him in the side.

If 2025 turns our like this year (injuries or no injuries), it'll be curtains.
Wooden spoon 2 years in a row will not be tolerated by supporters or even players.
His only hope is to nail this draft and win a few more games next year.

The thing with Yze is it’s not really about the ums, it’s more that he comes across as mundane and uninspiring. It doesn’t seem like he has the charisma to be great coach and this harsh but it feels like he is trying imitate McRae to some extent. The ums are just another layer to what appears to be uninspiring communication

The start of the game, the half forwardline consisted of

Mansell Prestia Green

Tell me how anyone in the coaches box, has a ****ing clue what they’re doing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeh I'm not convinced either , against the hawks
Scrimshaw was taking Cumberland apart , took yze 3 quarters to sub Cumberland off

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back