Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think Yze is uninspiring, how’s our president?
How depressing has it been to go from a wonderful breath of fresh air and quiet dignity and class of Peggy as president to the current cardboard cutout we have now?

A massive issue.

He’s currently working on the proviso if he shuts his mouth then we can’t tell he’s a fool.

The club is not operating as a footy club anymore. It’s not its primary focus.

If you think Yze is uninspiring, how’s our president?
How depressing has it been to go from a wonderful breath of fresh air and quiet dignity and class of Peggy as president to the current cardboard cutout we have now?
It's concerning we've regressed to the Clinton Casey era in the space of 24 months

Have to feel a bit sorry for Yze. Has walked into a pretty shit situation. I think he has a genuine connection with the younger players but has struggled to connect with some of the seniors. One year is so hard to judge though, he’s still building relationships in the club and the club is going through so many major changes.

I hope it isn’t the case, but this has a major sacrificial lamb vibe where he will coach another 2-3 years with us at the bottom before we bring in the next coach to hopefully rise us back up.

Some concerns include

1. Retention of staff (max exodus has literally felt like the Roman Empire has collapsed and we're back into the bronze age).

2. Promotion of internal staff (do we not have money or are we lazy to recruit ?)

3. Uninspiring president (who is John O'Rourke anyway?)

4. People pleaser coach (has genuinely underwhelmed. The on field coaching I'm not going to complain about, but clearly the experienced players haven't taken to Yze and the trade requests ... although exciting to get draft picks, demoralising that so many players want out, really dissatisfied that Yze couldn't win over the older players).

5. Role players exposed (Players like Jayden Short were celebrated with genuine B&F in premiership seasons internally. But it was the system and the stars that gave them the platform to success. Once they lost the superstars, we were left with role players that haven't elevated to the next level).

6. Tiger land Construction (catastrophic failure than BG is exiting and this isn't off the ground).

7. Lack of engagement with supporters (dropped off during 2020, never to return, club has lost its connection with us, it's all about taking more $$ from me.

That Focus On Footy group might need to come back hahahaha

Some concerns include

1. Retention of staff (max exodus has literally felt like the Roman Empire has collapsed and we're back into the bronze age).

2. Promotion of internal staff (do we not have money or are we lazy to recruit ?)

4. People pleaser coach (has genuinely underwhelmed. The on field coaching I'm not going to complain about, but clearly the experienced players haven't taken to Yze and the trade requests ... although exciting to get draft picks, demoralising that so many players want out, really dissatisfied that Yze couldn't win over the older players).

5. Role players exposed (Players like Jayden Short were celebrated with genuine B&F in premiership seasons internally. But it was the system and the stars that gave them the platform to success. Once they lost the superstars, we were left with role players that haven't elevated to the next level).

6. Tiger land Construction (catastrophic failure than BG is exiting and this isn't off the ground).

7. Lack of engagement with supporters (dropped off during 2020, never to return, club has lost its connection with us, it's all about taking more $$ from me.

Bar the last sentince, post of the year :)
My thoughts exactly, especially point 9.
Club made untold millions during the triple premiership reign and watched on as memberships skyrocketed.
But the lack of engagement and basically mediocre package offering for memberships have become a jok.
Digital bricks, anyone?
The club doesn't care about the rank and file ... well until it's time to send a book of raffle tickets my way.

Say what you will about the bloke and club, but I bet Hawkins fronted for his retirement announcement.
Our club played us for fools again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some concerns include

Well said 💯. And 90% of what you said Yze walked into people just pointing the finger on him. Football department and hierarchy need accountability. On players leaving very simple for me your in or out for the long term.

This is why no one wants the West Coast job. Reality is, like us, they will suck for the next 3 plus years. But reality also says that people won’t care and call for his sacking within the first year.

We aren’t Manchester City. The nature of the AFL cycle is we must go back down before we go up.

This is why no one wants the West Coast job. Reality is, like us, they will suck for the next 3 plus years. But reality also says that people won’t care and call for his sacking within the first year.

We aren’t Manchester City. The nature of the AFL cycle is we must go back down before we go up.
how does Geelong keep doing it.. gale said we could do the same

how does Geelong keep doing it.. gale said we could do the same
Whilst Dumma said we need to rebuild ouzo said top 4 , believed we were better than we actually are.

Whilst Dumma said we need to rebuild ouzo said top 4 , believed we were better than we actually are.
Yze never said top 4. He said there was no ceiling on what we could achieve, unfortunately we never got a clear run at the season. Positive is that we're now well positioned to attack the rebuild

Yze never said top 4. He said there was no ceiling on what we could achieve, unfortunately we never got a clear run at the season. Positive is that we're now well positioned to attack the rebuild
Beat me 2 it. Really the club and supporters would have known finals this year was unrealistic, more so with the injuries we have had. First real season begins next year.

Some concerns include

1. Can't retain staff? Who?
2. who? Meehan? I agree

3 Promoted from the board, just like Peggy. Who do you want? Eddie McGuire? Clinton Casey

4. I think you are confusing Eddie's son's rumours of Bolton, Rioli departing. It aint trade requests yet. Unless you have news.

5. Selection of Kmac, JGTI has baffled me for 3 years. Now they've delivered 18th. I hope yze has full control over selection next year.

6. $100mill price tag 6 years in the planning, in the midst of the worst season ever, CEO on the way out. Needs a rethink.
7. Fan engagement? Whatever. membership no.s still 89,000. They lose you, my younger bro signed up the other week.

Swings and roundabouts of 2020. Here's me been living an hour from Metricon, last 25 years, getting to games at the Gabba and the Goldie, a finals loss to Brizzy early 2000s but a lot of wins too.

COVID at Metricon was peak footy for me. Richmond games every week, **** all crowd, easy to park. Wednesday game, home by 10;30. Work the next day. Cos no Brizzy in the grand final, easy to get a ticket. My 4th grand final. First since 72~ 74.

15 minute quarters, I love em. Night grand finals too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back