Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

7. Fan engagement? Whatever. membership no.s still 89,000. They lose you, my younger bro signed up the other week.
Doesn't mean they are doing it right.
Engagement from the club and their treatment of the rank and file have been atrocious .. patronising even.
I've been a member for 48-straight years and likely will be until I shuffle off this mortal coil, but never have I felt so disengaged or taken for granted.
Shove your raffle tickets ... just treat the average fan - many of who really can't afford to stay loyal in a cost of living crisis, but do - with some respect and gratitude.
It's become a d*** measuring exercice for the club to say we have the most members, as they treat them as if they don't exist.
Mate, I was one of the couple of thousand who used to turn up week-in, week-out in the dark ol' late 80s and 90s, when were battling to get 10 to 15,000 to a game.
Would never miss, no matter how bleak.
Attended testimonials for Roachy, the Ghost, Clokey and plenty of other functions .... trivia nights hosted by Richo from the Coodabeens, Ton Up Club nights, the best and fairest night etc.
Was a masterclass in engagement.
These days they are only interested in gouging the supporters.
The membership package and the hoops you have to jump through in order to get a scarf or a simple membership card is Olympic qualifying degree hard.
And it all changed after we won in 2017.
My membership will roll over again at the end of the season, but if you think that is a vote of confidence in how the club is run these days and how it treats its fans, you are way off the mark.

Last edited:
Beat me 2 it. Really the club and supporters would have known finals this year was unrealistic, more so with the injuries we have had. First real season begins next year.
We going to win the spoon next year unless Eagles blow it up. This is far worse than when Dimma took over.

how does Geelong keep doing it.. gale said we could do the same

1. They are a really well run club.
2. They have some natural advantages, home games in Victoria at their own oval, coastal life, lower house prices, dodgy ass contracts, connections within the business and political community of geelong.
3. They have also only won 1 since 2011. Hardly Manchester City type thing.

Realistically, we should be aiming for the spoon for the next 3 years. Then start thinking about moving up the ladder and getting free agency’s etc.
In 3 years Tassie will be in the draft, no point coming last then. We will be thereabouts the next 2 though.

In 3 years Tassie will be in the draft, no point coming last then. We will be thereabouts the next 2 though.

I was going off google and it says Tassie is coming in 2028, which gives us 3 more drafts. But now I type it, I remember something about 2027, which gives us only two.

I was going off google and it says Tassie is coming in 2028, which gives us 3 more drafts. But now I type it, I remember something about 2027, which gives us only two.
2028 they play. 2027 draft. We will have next 2 on bottom (3 including this one) and then we want to be climbing. Having said that GC came in with us near the bottom and we turned out OK as we already had our star talent.

how does Geelong keep doing it.. gale said we could do the same

Because at a time they were due to slide back down the ladder the best player in the competition waltzed through their doors : Danger in 2016 and Jezza in 2021. Both are still going strong.

We had similar when Lynch walked through our doors in 2019, but after having a 60+ goal dominant season in 2022 when we lost a final at the GABBA by a point he hasn’t played for 2-years. Our SDK equivalent in Gibcus hasn’t played for 2-years either.

Take Jezza and SDK out of Geelong across 2023-24 and throw in loads of other injuries as we’ve had and they’d be really battling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2028 they play. 2027 draft. We will have next 2 on bottom (3 including this one) and then we want to be climbing. Having said that GC came in with us near the bottom and we turned out OK as we already had our star talent.

Sorry, yeah I was including this year when I said 3. Given that we will probably have one of the strongest first round hands ever this year, we should have enough young talent hitting their strides when 2028 comes.

Does anyone know if any Key Fowards are expected in the top 5 of the 2025/26 drafts ?

Sorry, yeah I was including this year when I said 3. Given that we will probably have one of the strongest first round hands ever this year, we should have enough young talent hitting their strides when 2028 comes.

Does anyone know if any Key Fowards are expected in the top 5 of the 2025/26 drafts ?
Yeah Ludowyke next year then Cochrane the year after is a bit of anything you want him to be. Asked on drafts board and got response he's best as a tall mid but can play CHF or intercept defender.

Yze never said top 4. He said there was no ceiling on what we could achieve, unfortunately we never got a clear run at the season. Positive is that we're now well positioned to attack the rebuild
no ceiling to last is what he meant

what if we start 5-0 next year

should we then tank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd have to win with soccer scores. Imagine how bad our forward line will be when Bolton goes and Louie chops Lynch open in the off season.
should make top 4 next year

Dimma had a few promising kids on the list when he walked in the door.
Yze, not so much.

Yze and the club have an interesting few years ahead.
Took us 4 years (3 drafts as 2008 was a write off) to accumulate those kids for Dimma. Is Wallace still taking credit? Lol

Hopefully we can speed this process up with some bold trades.

Took us 4 years (3 drafts as 2008 was a write off) to accumulate those kids for Dimma. Is Wallace still taking credit? Lol

Hopefully we can speed this process up with some bold trades.
terry did more for our list than dumma

wallace built a dynasty list

dumma added undersized half bank flankers 10 years in a row

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back